T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
Do you guys know what is best drug/medicament to deal with anxiety. I'd been using alcohol and benzos in the past, not at the same time. The problem with alcohol is the way it affects your body health and with benzos is the fact it's highly adictive and the abstinence time is damn hard.

Psichologic therapy, meditation, etc. and all that healthy solutions don't work on me at all, not on this point that i lose my will of live at least

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Gabapentinoids like pregabalin, gabapentin and phenibut are great alternatives to benzos. they are also addictive, we are nowhere near close to developing a medication that works on anxiety and is not addictive, but it tends to be on the easier side to get them off your system once you no longer need it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
T

takezo

Mar 22, 2020
Gabapentinoids like pregabalin, gabapentin and phenibut are great alternatives to benzos. they are also addictive, we are nowhere near close to developing a medication that works on anxiety and is not addictive, but it tends to be on the easier side to get them off your system once you no longer need it.
thanks

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

I have a bottle of gabapentin that I received roughly a year and a half ago for my fibromyalgia. After receiving the prescription I did extensive research and saw the efficacy is so weak with pharmaceuticals and fibromyalgia, so after taking like two or three tablets I just stopped. Clearly I did not give the medication enough time to see if it could work, but I just figured it's probably not going to work - don't waste your time. Plus, I don't like meds in general so I stopped taking it.

But your post has me thinking maybe I should give it a shot to see if not only it could it help my fibromyalgia, but also help me with my severe social anxiety and general anxiety disorders.

If you or anyone else could share your opinion on this I would appreciate it.

I did not realize that something like gabapentin could help with anxiety or else I would have stayed on it a year and a half ago when I was given the prescription.

Currently, I self-medicate with coffee. Coffee squashes my social anxiety very effectively. If I don't drink coffee I can't leave my apartment. But one too many sips of coffee and it triggers my bipolar. Sounds like a case of Goldilocks and the three bears I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I have a bottle of gabapentin that I received roughly a year and a half ago for my fibromyalgia. After receiving the prescription I did extensive research and saw the efficacy is so weak with pharmaceuticals and fibromyalgia, so after taking like two or three tablets I just stopped. Clearly I did not give the medication enough time to see if it could work, but I just figured it's probably not going to work - don't waste your time. Plus, I don't like meds in general so I stopped taking it.

But your post has me thinking maybe I should give it a shot to see if not only it could it help my fibromyalgia, but also help me with my severe social anxiety and general anxiety disorders.

If you or anyone else could share your opinion on this I would appreciate it.

I did not realize that something like gabapentin could help with anxiety or else I would have stayed on it a year and a half ago when I was given the prescription.

Currently, I self-medicate with coffee. Coffee squashes my social anxiety very effectively. If I don't drink coffee I can't leave my apartment. But one too many sips of coffee and it triggers my bipolar. Sounds like a case of Goldilocks and the three bears I'm sure.

Maybe you could try it again on a higher dose, this medication has low bioavailability and some people don't experience much from it because of this. And if that doesn't work, then I'd say that you should try pregabalin. It's a stronger version of gabapentin and it's absorbed much more easily by your body, I also suffer from chronic pain and it really helps, the anxiolytic effect is also stronger and lasts longer.

But be careful, at first it feels so good that you may want to start using it recreationally, and you will develop tolerance to it extremely fast, I've seen this happen with many people who I know personally. so stick to the dose that your doctor recommends.