LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020

Just saw this video on YouTube and I didn't imagine that the situation in the US was that bad.

But one more thing is that there are also many highly addictive drugs, which promise to work for certain things but in reality they don't.

To be honest here, the whole thing is terrible and since the prices are so high, I can only imagine that there are people who would literally just steal stuff, just to afford to pay their medical bills.
I believe I even saw a report on some news TV station, where someone decided to rob a store but gave up because there was very low amount of cash in the registers.

In the end, there are only three solutions to do, if you can't afford to pay for all the bills..
1. Stealing
2. Travel into some other country
3. Die.. at some point

The second option was actually done by my grandma's sister, where she traveled from the US to Germany, got her insurance at day one and without even having a job or a place of her own, she was actually able to get her kidney surgery done for free by only paying the monthly 29€ (34.xxUSD) for her medical insurance plan that she choose.

Now, I'm kinda curious about other countries..
Do you actually have similar issues to those in the US in your country or does the situation look better?

• Love
Reactions: popcorn and GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
There are many things in my country that are way worse than they are in US, but healthcare, however shitty it is, isn't actually that horrible. The idea of having to pay 800$ for an ambulance ride is completely ludicrous to me.
Sadly, this is exactly why governments are hesistant to pass euthanasia legislations. It's not really about ethics, religion or fear of abuse of the law - it's about how ridiculously profitable it is to prolong the suffering of an ill person for as long as possible...

Reactions: LunarPyotr, Good4Nothing and Makko
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Sadly, this is exactly why governments are hesistant to pass euthanasia legislations. It's not really about ethics, religion or fear of abuse of the law - it's about how ridiculously profitable it is to prolong the suffering of an ill person for as long as possible...
I definitely agree with that. There is always a great solution when it comes to that but will this be profitable for big corps if they fully cure you or will it be more profitable to make people suffer or only halfway cure their problems?
I bet that 99% of the big corps will choose the second option.

It's kinda like the whole deal with smartphone replacement parts. Will the corps sell you the expensive replacement part in the first place or will they implement some restrictions and "recommend" you to buy a new smartphone? Yeah, stupid example but it's the truth and the only company which doesn't do such a crap, is the manufacturers called Fairphone and ShiftPhones but this is maybe a topic for an different thread

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
There is always a great solution when it comes to that but will this be profitable for big corps if they fully cure you or will it be more profitable to make people suffer or only halfway cure their problems?
I bet that 99% of the big corps will choose the second option.

It's kinda like the whole deal with smartphone replacement parts. Will the corps sell you the expensive replacement part in the first place or will they implement some restrictions and "recommend" you to buy a new smartphone? Yeah, stupid example but it's the truth and the only company which doesn't do such a crap, is the manufacturers called Fairphone and ShiftPhones but this is maybe a topic for an different thread
You're making very valid points.
Capitalism is horrible. Unfortunately, humanity is yet to come up with a realistic better alternative.