• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Feel free to use it or not, just thought I should make this because we get a lot of overdose threads here asking similar questions.

People need to be aware that any random combination of meds in your cupboard probably won't bring about a peaceful death. Pretty much ignoring the fact that we have N and SN. I'd say the only advantage of using a cocktail like this is that it might be slightly more peaceful than SN, couldn't vouch for how much though. There are a number of well documented overdose cocktails which include a few ingredients like the following and generally need pretty specific doses to avoid "side effects":
  • the main/lethal component
  • anti sickness drugs to combat drug induced vomiting
  • a large dose of sedatives/benzos for where the lethal component doesn't bring a peaceful death alone
Sometimes you can add in certain very cocktail-specific ingredients to potentiate the lethal component, however adding anything other than possibly alcohol could cause unknown interactions and isn't a great idea.

Keeping that in mind you pretty much consider which drugs can have a reliably and quickly lethal dose and are easily obtainable? That's generally unique to each persons situation but taking a pretty quick look at wikibooks there are a few viable reliable and peaceful options. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Toxification a lot of this stuff taken from Dr. Pieter Admiraal's Guide to a Humane Self-Chosen Death.
  • Amitriptyline - long acting 24-36 hours, but peaceful with sedatives - trycyclic antidepressant
  • Chloroquine
  • Diphenhydramine - not much data but mostly otc, really cheap but needs sedatives otherwise it's not peaceful
  • Opiates in general - I don't know a huge amount these seem like a special case, maybe someone else can add some info.
  • Promethazine - otc in Canada, sounds like a peaceful death but promethazine also carries some severe possible side effects. According to wikibooks page it's a peaceful method but there doesn't seem to be a decent source.
  • Darvon - Lots of info in the link on this one, apparently more difficult to obtain than amitrityptiline
  • "DDMP2" apparently used as cheaper alternative to N in the USA. Follow the link for more info and cocktail, seems reliable but definitely aimed at elderly and terminally ill patients. This article I found mentions how they often saw "nausea and vomiting" as you usually do in terminally ill patients... which makes me wonder why anti emetics aren't in this cocktail.
I don't actually plan to go using an od myself, I just think people have a misconception that overdoses are a terrible idea because they never work, it just depends what you od on. Discuss!

Edit: More info in MLDs for drugs can be found here but most of this should be taken with a grain of salt, sourced and researched before taking action using this info. A lethal dosage does not necessarily mean a peaceful, fast or painless death. be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShornSoloists, RainAndSadness, Даун and 12 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
DDMP2 https://www.compassionandchoices.org/when-dying-becomes-unaffordable/ taken from https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/888271
Last summer, Dr Wood and his colleagues convened a group of internists, anesthesiologists, a toxicologist, a cardiologist, and a pharmacologist to devise a better drug cocktail. They came up with DDMP (diazepam 0.5 g, digoxin 25 mg, morphine 10 gm, and propranolol 2 g) that uniformly worked.

"Given the circumstances of these patients, it was challenging to develop a protocol to take the place of barbiturates," said Dr Parrot. "Most of the patients using Death With Dignity in Washington State have cancer, and many are using large doses of narcotics to manage pain."

The initial protocol contained lethal doses of pain and anxiety drugs, as well as backup cardiac drugs. But data from the first 70 patients indicated that 80% died in 4 hours or less, but the remaining 20% took longer.

To refine the drug cocktail, Dr Parrot and her colleagues studied the "outliers" for whom death took longer.

"We needed to figure out what characteristics were common to the outlier group and what to do to speed up the process, while still providing a safe, peaceful, painless death," she said. "What we found was that patients who took longer to die included those in intractable pain, those using IV narcotic drips, or patients tolerant to alcohol."

She explained that other factors and patient characteristics also had to be considered. A new drug regimen (DDMP2), which contains higher doses of three of the four drugs, was developed and is now recommended. Times have iproved for all groups of patients using this regimen.

DDMP2 contains diazepam 1 g, digoxin 50 mg, morphine 15 g, and propranolol 2 gm.

With the new protocol, patients passed more quickly, and there were no adverse events other than the nausea and vomiting often seen in terminally ill patients.

Reactions: iasbics, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV and 1 other person
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
I totally agree.

Mac Miller clearly worked.

Jim careys ex wife clearly worked.

Overdoses happen and they are successful.

They arent a method id choose but thats just me.

Good thread Weedoge.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Marz, 123die and 7 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Feel free to use it or not, just thought I should make this because we get a lot of overdose threads here asking similar questions.

People need to be aware that any random combination of meds in your cupboard probably won't bring about a peaceful death. Pretty much ignoring the fact that we have N and SN. I'd say the only advantage of using a cocktail like this is that it might be slightly more peaceful than SN, couldn't vouch for how much though. There are a number of well documented overdose cocktails which include a few ingredients like the following and generally need pretty specific doses to avoid "side effects":
  • a large dose of sedatives/benzos for where the lethal component doesn't bring a peaceful death alone
Sometimes you can add in certain very cocktail-specific ingredients to potentiate the lethal component, however adding anything other than possibly alcohol could cause unknown interactions and isn't a great idea.

Keeping that in mind you pretty much consider which drugs can have a reliably and quickly lethal dose and are easily obtainable? That's generally unique to each persons situation but taking a pretty quick look at wikibooks there are a few viable reliable and peaceful options. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Toxification a lot of this stuff taken from Dr. Pieter Admiraal's Guide to a Humane Self-Chosen Death.
  • Amitriptyline - long acting 24-36 hours, but peaceful with sedatives - trycyclic antidepressant
  • Chloroquine
  • Diphenhydramine - not much data but mostly otc, really cheap but needs sedatives otherwise it's not peaceful
  • Opiates in general - I don't know a huge amount these seem like a special case, maybe someone else can add some info.
  • Promethazine - otc in Canada, sounds like a peaceful death but promethazine also carries some severe possible side effects. According to wikibooks page it's a peaceful method but there doesn't seem to be a decent source.
  • Darvon - Lots of info in the link on this one, apparently more difficult to obtain than amitrityptiline
  • "DDMP2" apparently used as cheaper alternative to N in the USA. Follow the link for more info and cocktail, seems reliable but definitely aimed at elderly and terminally ill patients. This article I found mentions how they often saw "nausea and vomiting" as you usually do in terminally ill patients... which makes me wonder why anti emetics aren't in this cocktail.
I don't actually plan to go using an od myself, I just think people have a misconception that overdoses are a terrible idea because they never work, it just depends what you od on. Discuss!
wish I had access to this before I OD, I suffered so much for nothing.

Reactions: Ruffian, lv-gras, Dubs and 4 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I'd supplement that with this page from Lost All Hope.

Reactions: piratemaverick, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I'd supplement that with this page from Lost All Hope.
I don't usually refer to this because I feel people refer to the table without differentiating the method of action, time until death, etc. for example the table includes paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen which are never going to bring about a peaceful (edit: or fast) death. The page itself says "it must be highly questionable how much accuracy can be attributed to this information" so I wouldn't use it as concrete advice for ending my life, personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffian, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV and 4 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I don't usually refer to this because I feel people refer to the table without differentiating the method of action, time until death, etc. for example the table includes paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen which are never going to bring about a peaceful death. The page itself says "it must be highly questionable how much accuracy can be attributed to this information" so I wouldn't use it as concrete advice for ending my life, personally.

Agreed. I was speaking more from a toxicological standpoint, of supplementing the page you suggested with the predicted LD50 values.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
J

J F

Aug 17, 2018

• Chloroquine

Edit: More info in MLDs for drugs can be found here but most of this should be taken with a grain of salt, sourced and researched before taking action using this info. A lethal dosage does not necessarily mean a peaceful, fast or painless death. be careful.
I am planning on mtc as an antiemetic and 7.2g of Propranolol. Did some research. People have ctb while overdosing on this. Trying to get another 2.4g of Propranolol to bring this total to 9.6g. In fact the first time I tried this it got taken away from me at the Psychiatric Hospital I was involuntarily admitted at. They said it would have worked if I took them and it was less than the 7.2g I have now. Also they called the pharmacists and docs I got them at and told them to never give them to me again. This woke me up. Propranolol can work. Makes sense it does lower blood pressure. Take too much it lowers it to dangerous levels and causes cardiac arrest.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Bump for this useful thread

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@weedoge,

Good thread.

But let's not forget that any numers in this thread are LD50 numbers or similar, meaning some people survive. And one could question the accuracy. The human body is designed to survive a lot.

For example, the amitr drug works by acting on the heart. What about the risk of running into serious heart issues without actually dying, resulting in brain damage or something else ?

Opiates can be deadly, but so many people woudl survive a high dose of an opiate on its own. Even a combo is not guaranteed.

Has nobody really crunched the numbers ? I mean, what chemists and doctors come up with ?

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
@weedoge,

Good thread.

But let's not forget that any numers in this thread are LD50 numbers or similar, meaning some people survive. And one could question the accuracy. The human body is designed to survive a lot.

For example, the amitr drug works by acting on the heart. What about the risk of running into serious heart issues without actually dying, resulting in brain damage or something else ?

Opiates can be deadly, but so many people woudl survive a high dose of an opiate on its own. Even a combo is not guaranteed.

Has nobody really crunched the numbers ? I mean, what chemists and doctors come up with ?
I actually avoid the chart of LD50s because they're mostly meaningless as you mention. The cocktails written up by doctors I'd say you can trust these. Plenty of drugs are toxic and have LD50s attached to them, probably even water has an LD50. Some drugs are reliably lethal due to their mechanism and I think that's why research is important even with over the counter meds.

The amitriptyline cocktail has a long history of documentation too ^^

Edit: what I mean to say is the numbers I provided aren't really LD50s, but there are always risks involved with any method. I feel peoples preoccupation with these risks is more of an instinct rather than true concern because they're pretty easy to get around (higher dose + combination drugs to increase potency like in the ddmp or amitriptyline cocktail). If there's a real concern then search for cases of survival with these overdoses.

Some were literally designed for euthanasia so I wouldn't worry too much on those.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Made4TV
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
I am planning to go with Amitriptyline cocktail. Well, I have taken a few mg amit. to see how it feels like. I have no tolerance. Never took anti-depressants, benzos. The other day, I took 10 mg, didn't feel anything. After two days, I took 20 mg(two 10 mg), no effect. Why is it happening like that? Should I test with higher dose? Say 50 mg or less? * I can't risk to raise suspicion by sleeping too long or acting weirdly( by too much dose)..

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Afterman and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I am planning to go with Amitriptyline cocktail. Well, I have taken a few mg amit. to see how it feels like. I have no tolerance. Never took anti-depressants, benzos. The other day, I took 10 mg, didn't feel anything. After two days, I took 20 mg(two 10 mg), no effect. Why is it happening like that? Should I test with higher dose? Say 50 mg or less? * I can't risk to raise suspicion by sleeping too long or acting weirdly( by too much dose)..
You shouldn't test, risk of building tolerance vs testing for no real reason isn't worth the risk IMO. Whether you feel effects or not, it won't give you any information on ending your life with this method. Read my OP, you'll need anti emetics to avoid vomiting. Sorry you're here and good luck

Reactions: Ruffian, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
You shouldn't test, risk of building tolerance vs testing for no real reason isn't worth the risk IMO. Whether you feel effects or not, it won't give you any information on ending your life with this method. Read my OP, you'll need anti emetics to avoid vomiting. Sorry you're here and good luck

I have enough amit. I've collected generic ones. So I was in a doubt if they would work well as I've heard that they aren't as effective as good brands. So, I decided to to take it once, make sure it works.Yeah, I know about tolerance , am afraid of that too.. I did these tests before 15 days.
So , you mean no need to test? Are you sure? Am confused whether to take or not? I feel good once I know it works on me.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I have enough amit. I've collected generic ones. So I was in a doubt if they would work well as I've heard that they aren't as effective as good brands. So, I decided to to take it once, make sure it works.Yeah, I know about tolerance , am afraid of that too.. I did these tests before 15 days.
So , you mean no need to test? Are you sure? Am confused whether to take or not? I feel good once I know it works on me.
If you want to test that's your choice of course, I just think its at least unnecessary and possibly even a bad idea.

Reactions: Ruffian, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Also I'm testing this.. for cimetidine works positively for some people and some people are better off without it. So, I am testing my body with and without cimetidine . I am yet to collect xanax, cimetidine..The rest is ready.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
YellowJasmine

YellowJasmine

Student
Dec 6, 2018
I'd be very much interested in any knowledge on different types of anti-emetics' interference with opioids. Specifically I am currently in possession of metoclopramide, which is a dopamine-antagonist and I have come to consider whether this might "cancel out" an opioid, which is a dopamine receptor agonist, as far as I understand. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and any information surrounding the subject will be highly valued!

Reactions: lv-gras, Lifeisatrap, Donewith_ and 1 other person
J Tizzle

J Tizzle

Dec 7, 2018
In the US, yes, promethazine needs a prescription. Sometimes it can be hard to come by as it is known to increase the euphoric effects of opiates, but I've never had a hard time.
There's a stomach disorder called gastroparesis (which I have). Pronounced, gastro-par-e-sis. It causes intense nausea and vomiting. Ive been able to get Zofran prescriptions no problem when I tell Urgent Care doctors or new doctors I have gastroparesis, so I wonder if it'd be that easy with promethazine as well.

I've had so many friends die from accidental overdoses, it's pretty unbelievable. Heroin, heroin/xanax combo, or heroin cut with fentanyl. I think I would take a handful of xanax pills, and then snort as much heroin as I could before passing out. It's hard to judge how much would be needed with an illicit substance, but it's honestly not too hard to come by. And it's a good feeling regardless.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Ruffian, lv-gras and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
In the US, yes, promethazine needs a prescription. Sometimes it can be hard to come by as it is known to increase the euphoric effects of opiates, but I've never had a hard time.
There's a stomach disorder called gastroparesis (which I have). Pronounced, gastro-par-e-sis. It causes intense nausea and vomiting. Ive been able to get Zofran prescriptions no problem when I tell Urgent Care doctors or new doctors I have gastroparesis, so I wonder if it'd be that easy with promethazine as well.

I've had so many friends die from accidental overdoses, it's pretty unbelievable. Heroin, heroin/xanax combo, or heroin cut with fentanyl. I think I would take a handful of xanax pills, and then snort as much heroin as I could before passing out. It's hard to judge how much would be needed with an illicit substance, but it's honestly not too hard to come by. And it's a good feeling regardless.
I'm dubious about how well snorting would work for overdosing, you'd likely pass out before you can snort a lethal amount surely? Because it's such a fast onset and mechanism of action when snorting right?

Reactions: Ruffian, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J Tizzle

J Tizzle

Dec 7, 2018
I'm dubious about how well snorting would work for overdosing, you'd likely pass out before you can snort a lethal amount surely? Because it's such a fast onset and mechanism of action when snorting right?
A friend of mine actually OD'd snorting it. It takes just a little longer for it to kick in when you snort it vs shooting it, so I think you actually have a chance to get more in you. But my thought process is entirely anecdotal and I could be wrong.

Reactions: lv-gras, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
Is promethazine really that easy? Seems too good to be true...

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Is promethazine really that easy? Seems to good to be true...
People overlook enemas and other anal methods. I know a guy died putting alcohol where the sun doesn't shine out over desperation to get drunk, over-estimated how much kick his ass could take

Reactions: lv-gras, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
If there's any amount of fentanyl in there combined with xanax, you'll die.

Reactions: Mizzmini45, lv-gras, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
How successful is a promethezine overdose likely to be? Do you need a prescription?
Promethazine is OTC I think in Canada only.

People overlook enemas and other anal methods. I know a guy died putting alcohol where the sun doesn't shine out over desperation to get drunk, over-estimated how much kick his ass could take
Look, I don't think enemas are overlooked, not all drugs are water soluble enough and tbh each different overdose would need to be researched specifically. Please don't start throwing around "experimental" ideas in this thread. Its for sharing factual information.

If there's any amount of fentanyl in there combined with xanax, you'll die.
Again this isn't about relying on a chance of cut drugs. There's no way to guarantee getting fent in your street drugs, hoping for that is not a ctb method.

A friend of mine actually OD'd snorting it. It takes just a little longer for it to kick in when you snort it vs shooting it, so I think you actually have a chance to get more in you. But my thought process is entirely anecdotal and I could be wrong.
I understand, and also if you got it caked all over I'm sure you could keep absorbing it after the effects take hold. As you said though, its just anecdotal, no disrespect intended to you or the friend you lost, we're just looking for guarantees here.

With all due respect, I'd really like it if people will keep the experimental/"far out" ideas out of this thread thank you. Speaking of promethazine...

It sounds like a good plan, the suicide wikibooks page regarding promethazine is sorely lacking and not well sourced. The mention of the "lytic cocktail' mentions only two ingredients whereas this study mentions it generally contained 3 ingredients. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/088539249500002G

I think that promethazine needs a bit more research in general honestly, it's difficult to find good information on this specific drug as a suicide method without searching for some real books. I will do some reading and come back and let you know what I find. It has been written that 6g of promethazine + anti emetics are all that is required to pass out and die peacefully.

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Toxification/Promethazine

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Look, I don't think enemas are overlooked
I do. And what method here hasn't been experimental?? At the end of the day I see very few facts. N is about it, excluding environment, being found, side effects, etc etc why isnt it mentioned? Same as detailed suicide statistics perhaps -censored. Ok not sure that makes sense but it should!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I do. And what method here hasn't been experimental?? At the end of the day I see very few facts. N is about it, excluding environment, being found, side effects, etc etc why isnt it mentioned? Same as detailed suicide statistics perhaps -censored. Ok not sure that makes sense but it should!
It doesn't really make sense. Here we are not censored, we just have a bit of issue with organisation. There is plenty of information it just needs finding and consolidating.

And I think there are different levels of experimentalism... we don't need to be discussing enema overdoses on a thread unless you're going to absolutely do a lot of research on it and make that information public, because until then its not something almost anybody would consider seriously.

There are facts and sources, please look carefully.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
It doesn't really make sense. Here we are not censored, we just have a bit of issue with organisation. There is plenty of information it just needs finding and consolidating.

And I think there are different levels of experimentalism... we don't need to be discussing enema overdoses on a thread unless you're going to absolutely do a lot of research on it and make that information public, because until then its not something almost anybody would consider seriously.

There are facts and sources, please look carefully.
I didn't mean it's censored here at all. For that, and the rest of it, apologies. Delete/move these posts then ?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I didn't mean it's censored here at all. For that, and the rest of it, apologies.
Hey don't worry at all, I'm just very conscious of how fast threads can devolve into low quality conjecture when there are a lot of people reading these things and will genuinely use the advice given, so its important we keep everything high quality and sourced, you know? Try to have a good day :)

Edit: and I'm no mod, its not up to me to decide discussion value or remove posts, I'm just giving my opinion a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes