• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
New to the forum but from what I have read drowning is not a peaceful way to ctb. How likely is death if one swims far enough into the sea and without any additional weights. Is diving a certain depth and inhaling enough to minimize chances of SI saving a person who isn't a very good swimmer.

Is there a high likelihood of just getting brain damage, floating up and getting washed ashore. The sea is quite peaceful on most days from I can tell. Would going during a storm matter a whole lot? I'm trying to figure out what important variables might be at work. I read another thread where a person got quite drunk and sleep deprived before attempting this. I may do something similar, in hopes of dulling SI. Perhaps while also eating significantly less for a couple of days so I'm just weak enough for this to work.

I feel like doing this while I still have agency over my life will be better than waiting for ages to use some other method. Peaceful might not be an option in my case. I think I have to settle for the method being as certain as possible.

It seems out of the common methods it's either this or cutting..

Are there any articles about failed drownings?

Last edited:
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
I am sorry about the self bump. Is there an optimal water temperature for this. I read somewhere that very cold water can significantly slow down actually dying.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I read somewhere that very cold water can significantly slow down actually dying.
Cold water slows down processes in your body as the enzymes can't funciton properly and less oxygen is being used so you are somewhat preserved. Similar to why we put food in the fridge.

Not sure how easy it is to just dive down and breathe in air, the survival instinct would most likely stop you from doing that. If the person is a bad swimmer they will panic which makes everything really unpleasant. Getting completely drunk may take away both factors as you have already said. Perhaps even making yourself pass out with a piece of rope by compressing your carotid artery? But then one might as well just hang themselves lol.

I've heard of a woman commiting suicide by putting rocks in her pockets. Due to the entire panic factor drowning comes with I guess it is not impossible but a rather difficult method. You'd need nerves of steel and sheer willpower.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Drowning is very painful according to all testimonies by people who have almost drowned that I've read. It's a burning pain which some people liken to having lava in your lungs.

Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
Getting distance from the shore might be the deciding factor. But drunk, weakened and in cold water I can't see how I will get far. No idea what the chances of being spotted are. I'm guessing slim. No matter how I look at it this method involves a lot of difficulty. Walking off a pier will be risky due to people hanging around. But then there's the possibility of weights which could help seal the deal.

Cold water slows down processes in your body as the enzymes can't funciton properly and less oxygen is being used so you are somewhat preserved. Similar to why we put food in the fridge.

This is my shoddy understanding of the subject gathered from Wikipedia but it seems about half an hour of being submerged is all it takes. Perhaps those effects that occur in cold water won't manifest quick enough for there to be a huge difference, especially if jumping from a pier. All that's mentioned there is some child who survived for an hour after being submerged and got resuscitated. I feel it's too massive of an outlier.

There is no way I could make prep for a hanging without being super suspicious. Hoping that I can aim a knife into my carotid and bleed out is an alternative. I feel the latter will require even more willpower and sheer luck.
Drowning is very painful according to all testimonies by people who have almost drowned that I've read. It's a burning pain which some people liken to having lava in your lungs.
I think of all the drownings that occur in daylight with beachgoers around in this very area. Surely as long as one swims out far enough there's almost no chance of surviving. So it's the high probability of death versus the guaranteed pain. Difficult choice to be cornered into.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I think of all the drownings that occur in daylight with beachgoers around in this very area. Surely as long as one swims out far enough there's almost no chance of surviving. So it's the high probability of death versus the guaranteed pain. Difficult choice to be cornered into.

Indeed, it seems to be a sure-fire method if you use weights and are prepared to endure the pain.

Reactions: Lucien