• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

IsItReallyParanoia

IsItReallyParanoia

Mrs. Mathers
May 28, 2019
I was thinking of suicide by drowning. There's this place, nice and incredibly quiet, I almost never saw people walking around there. But people on the internet are either like "it's not painful but it's scary" or they tell you it's the worst pain you'd feel. Lmao yea thanks for dat.
So I'm undecided. How long does it even take to die tho?
Has anyone here nearly drowned and was rescued to explain how it is?

Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I've heard that it's quite painful and besides, your last moments would be of sheer panic, as water slowly fills your lungs and you choke.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
This my chosen method. Many here who have experienced drowning have strongly advised against it. Hopefully they will repost their experiences again here.

In the meantime, here are the links to drowning threads I'm watching:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning.16258/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ctb-by-drowning.14278/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning-in-the-ocean.15829/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pass-out-and-drowning-in-the-sea.15097/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-it-easy-to-drown-yourself-in-the-ocean.13909/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-ocean.13573/

I also came across this recently on Wikibooks:

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
SnowFairy

SnowFairy

May 30, 2019
If SN doesn't work, I'll choose this as my secondary option for ctb. But I'll make sure I get sober before I dive in.

Reactions: Superfluous
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
If SN doesn't work, I'll choose this as my secondary option for ctb. But I'll make sure I get sober before I dive in.
well, let's say = losing consciousness in water is problematic for some people. we are too different to have the same effect on us.
I tried to drown, hyperventilation helped (loss of consciousness) - but I woke up and could not stop while rising to the air.
so what's the point here, may get lucky - or maybe not.
In any case, there is another option with swallowing water through the nose (delayed drowning). lack of oxygen in the blood, pleasant death (no one complained of people before death)

SnowFairy

SnowFairy

May 30, 2019
well, let's say = losing consciousness in water is problematic for some people. we are too different to have the same effect on us.
I tried to drown, hyperventilation helped (loss of consciousness) - but I woke up and could not stop while rising to the air.
so what's the point here, may get lucky - or maybe not.
In any case, there is another option with swallowing water through the nose (delayed drowning). lack of oxygen in the blood, pleasant death (no one complained of people before death)
I am lucky as I don't know how to swim. That's why I will choose drowning as my secondary option. I can't jump off a building as I'm afraid of height and I'm afraid of my face might be looking horrific and ugly after I fall dead on the floor. I am an alcoholic and I know my limit. So drowning while being sober shouldn't be a problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: Superfluous and SomebodyBroken
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
I am lucky as I don't know how to swim. That's why I will choose drowning as my secondary option. I can't jump off a building as I'm afraid of height and I'm afraid of my face might be looking horrific and ugly after I fall dead on the floor. I am an alcoholic and I know my limit. So drowning while being sober shouldn't be a problem.
I also believed that I could not. believe me, this is a fallacy. not for nothing that it is believed that to give a little to drown = an ideal method to teach how to swim.
anyway gl :)

F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
How long does it even take to die tho?
Has anyone here nearly drowned and was rescued to explain how it is?
In my case it took (it SEEMED anyway) a long time. And it was very painful and also scary as f. I had chosen to drown precisely because I have heard about the peace on more than one instance. I went with the drowning confident and eager. Was I on for surprises. Jesus. I took care to let all the air out before diving, so as to not have CO2 poisoning (which seemingly is the thing that puts the body and mind in panic mode), but it was agonizing anyway. I dropped the idea of suicide by drowning instantly after coming into consciousness again. Nope, nope.

Edit (addition): I also took blood pressure lowering pills before going into water, not too many, 10, but enough to make my head light and my body rather forceless, but since anything more than 1-2 pills is already a strain to the body, a mild nausea appeared right away, and when I immerged my belly into water the nausea became stronger, an impediment, I regretted this addition.

Last edited:
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
So I jumped off a bridge
Let me say it: hell to the nah.
Panic, irresistible panic, along with inability to move because of the back injury I sustained. Then, wicked hypothermia that left me in convulsions and lockjaw and with pneumonia. This thing traumatised me so bad I refused to shower for a few months and only ever drank water heated in a kettle. Just 3 days ago I had a panic attack trying to shower and eat ice cream and thats 3 years from then. Not even my sexual abuse has given me ptsd like that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
In my case it took (it SEEMED anyway) a long time. And it was very painful and also scary as f. I had chosen to drown precisely because I have heard about the peace on more than one instance. I went with the drowning confident and eager. Was I on for surprises. Jesus. I took care to let all the air out before diving, so as to not have CO2 poisoning (which seemingly is the thing that puts the body and mind in panic mode), but it was agonizing anyway. I dropped the idea of suicide by drowning instantly after coming into consciousness again. Nope, nope.

Edit (addition): I also took blood pressure lowering pills before going into water, not too many, 10, but enough to make my head light and my body rather forceless, but since anything more than 1-2 pills is already a strain to the body, a mild nausea appeared right away, and when I immerged my belly into water the nausea became stronger, an impediment, I regretted this addition.
Was your near drowning in the ocean?

Did your lungs hurt a lot or a little?

Thank you

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I think this is my backup method to ctb. I know nobody can seem to agree if it's peaceful or painless, but I already have some chains in the shed and cinderblocks sitting around as well. All I'd need to do is go to a hardware store and buy some small padlocks to lock everything around my boots so my SI couldn't save me. Not to mention I have plenty of benzos to put me in a stupor. It would be like jumping from a tall building, once done, couldn't be undone.

purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
but aren't you nervous about being in the dark with a bunch of creatures around that would be touching you and you don't know what they are? i guess you are braver than me.

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
but aren't you nervous about being in the dark with a bunch of creatures around that would be touching you and you don't know what they are? i guess you are braver than me.
I doubt I'm any braver than you. You're on this site same as me, right? I think it takes a brave person to ctb, or even contemplate it, no matter what people say.

Yeah, it would make me a little nervous, but I'd be fully clothed & I've already thought about putting something over my face so it wouldn't be fish food till I was long gone. I'd have my eyes closed anyway, so the darkness wouldn't be a problem. There's just a bunch of catfish and bass and minnows swimming around in there far as I know (I hope, at least!). The ocean would be a different story. Sharks, octopuses, jellyfish...ugh, I'd take a pass on that one. With my luck I'd jump straight in a shark's mouth.

• Hugs
Reactions: purplemoon
T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
I lost my older brother to drowning when I was 14. Decades later I still think about whether he suffered and how much. The thing is I had aquaphobia before his death. I never learned to swim and didn't want to.

I think anyone considering or choosing this method is very brave.

Last edited:
D

DarkDane

Oct 24, 2019
I nearly drowned as a kid, and it was immensely painful and scary and your SI is more or less impossible to ignore.

It would be wise to have several options.