Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
I want to know which of these methods is quicker and painless.I have thought about hanging as it can be done at home but I'm worried about not having a real rope to hang.My brother's house has a river behind it but I rarely go there.But if I go somehow and try to drown myself in river I'm worried that someone would see and jump to rescue me and they would be in danger themselves.And I guess my brother would be upset about me choosing his place to die.I just don't want to be interrupted by anyone.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I would imagine hanging would be considerably less painful and quicker. Online, it says drowning takes about 60 seconds for adults. Hanging can be almost instant, depending on the method. But even partial hanging, if done right, you should lose consciousness much earlier than a minute. So once again, if done right, hanging would be less painful and quicker. If something goes wrong though, that's a different story. I personally would think it would still being less painful than drowning though.

• Love
Reactions: Misery99
Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
I would imagine hanging would be considerably less painful and quicker. Online, it says drowning takes about 60 seconds for adults. Hanging can be almost instant, depending on the method. But even partial hanging, if done right, you should lose consciousness much earlier than a minute. So once again, if done right, hanging would be less painful and quicker. If something goes wrong though, that's a different story. I personally would think it would still being less painful than drowning though.
Thank you. You gave me a hopeful answer. I have gotten water in my nose as a kid and it felt uncomfortable.I guess drowning is close to that feeling.I have read some stories online about near death experiences of drowning and some had said that they felt peaceful.The videos of people I had seen hanging also shows that they lose consciousness pretty quickly.So it must also be a good way to go.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Thank you. You gave me a hopeful answer. I have gotten water in my nose as a kid and it felt uncomfortable.I guess drowning is close to that feeling.I have read some stories online about near death experiences of drowning and some had said that they felt peaceful.The videos of people I had seen hanging also shows that they lose consciousness pretty quickly.So it must also be a good way to go.

Hmm, that's interesting. I've never heard that, that drowning can be peaceful. It seems like it would a terrifying and painful way to go, essentially breathing in water, but I haven't actually read much about it. I think I will, though I doubt I would ever consider it still.

Reactions: Misery99
C

Cat8

May 20, 2020
I almost drowned scuba last year. I was suicidal and it would have been a great opportunity my survival instincts just kicked in. I would definitely not chose drowning.

• Aww..
Reactions: autumnal and Misery99
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
When I jumped and drowned it felt peaceful right at the end when I was on the brink of loosing consciousness, but not before feeling extreme regret, fear and panic.
With properly executed partial hang, youre supposed to be out in about 10 secinds, and dead by 3 - 5 minutes.
So Id totally choose hanging

• Love
Reactions: flank and Misery99
Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
Hmm, that's interesting. I've never heard that, that drowning can be peaceful. It seems like it would a terrifying and painful way to go, essentially breathing in water, but I haven't actually read much about it. I think I will, though I doubt I would ever consider it still.
Yes I think it depends on the person.I imagine for most people the panic someone feels under water is very intense.I have not experienced it myself so I know only the stories I read about people who had near death experiences with drowning.
I almost drowned scuba last year. I was suicidal and it would have been a great opportunity my survival instincts just kicked in. I would definitely not chose drowning.
Thanks for the answer.I think drowning isn't your way to go.I think not mine either because I have no river available beside at my brother's place.
When I jumped and drowned it felt peaceful right at the end when I was on the brink of loosing consciousness, but not before feeling extreme regret, fear and panic.
With properly executed partial hang, youre supposed to be out in about 10 secinds, and dead by 3 - 5 minutes.
So Id totally choose hanging
Thanks for the answer.It's very helpful.I will choose hanging then.I think the reason hanging is so popular is because it's quicker and available than some other methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme
dealWithTheDevil

dealWithTheDevil

Aug 6, 2020
can u provide me links to the haanging videos, im not able to find any by myself

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms