squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Hi,
Methods I have looked at so for haven't been working for me. I have investigated partial hanging but there doesn't seem to be a stable support that I can use in my house, my cupboards old and rickity and I recon if I was to test it it would just break which raises questions. I have tried a radiator but it's too close to the ground so when SI kicks in it's easy to sruggle to a less bad position, I haven't tried tieing my hands yet though in fairness.

I read about SN and how it can potentially cause welfare checks if getting it delivered, plus I am in the UK, where I don't think there is an unrestricted source for it at the moment.

I have a local bar that alot of people have walk up and down the side of a canal to get to, I have heared alot of stories about drunk people tripping in, or in somecases volunteraily jumping at a bridge or gate, and drowning. Is it really that easy or can these people likely not swim? I am quite a strong swimmer but I assume if I drink alot and the immediate shock of jumping in freezing water might be mean that it could be fatal. Drinking would also heavily lower my inhibitions and maybe encourage me to do it, even before I discovered this site I have occasional spent time sitting on the edge of gates contemplating it so might be somethign I can pull off. What are your thoughts? Do you recon the shock and inhebriation would mean I die?

I know drowning is a horrible way to go but it just seems very accessible at the minute.

• Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, squirley, cats333 and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I don't recommend drowning as a method but considering that its the only method available to you at the moment then I can give you some advice but I also strongly advise that you research about some other methods as well. Drowning will be very agonizing and many people don't like the idea of being in anguish during their last moments.

So, here is what you can do. Like you already mentioned, drinking is a good idea because from experience it is very hard to coordinate yourself when drunk and would also be very hard to swim back up to the surface. You can combine this with tying yourself together (legs and arms together) and if that wasn't enough you can weigh yourself down with a backpack of weights or rocks.

You will also have to be careful with when you decide to carry out your ctb. There is a very high chance of being saved, especially if you jump from a bridge where many people already died from. I'm sure this is obvious but just make sure to ctb when there aren't many people around and preferably during the winter because of a reason you mentioned in your post already.

• Hmph!
Reactions: TimetoGo!, squirley and squareminus1
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
I don't recommend drowning as a method but considering that its the only method available to you at the moment then I can give you some advice but I also strongly advise that you research about some other methods as well. Drowning will be very agonizing and many people don't like the idea of being in anguish during their last moments.

So, here is what you can do. Like you already mentioned, drinking is a good idea because from experience it is very hard to coordinate yourself when drunk and would also be very hard to swim back up to the surface. You can combine this with tying yourself together (legs and arms together) and if that wasn't enough you can weigh yourself down with a backpack of weights or rocks.

You will also have to be careful with when you decide to carry out your ctb. There is a very high chance of being saved, especially if you jump from a bridge where many people already died from. I'm sure this is obvious but just make sure to ctb when there aren't many people around and preferably during the winter because of a reason you mentioned in your post already.
Yea it coming up to winter was another reason I was thinking about this, but on a side note UK weather is fucked rn it's like still warm in september, but it'll get cold soon. I actually resesrched more and apparently purpously hyperventalating before taking the jump might be benificially as it increases the likely hood that you pass out, it's called "shallow water blackouts" or something and happens accidentally alot in sports like swimming or freediving.

Reactions: squirley
cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023

would the fall from high up be able to knock someone out?

Reactions: squareminus1 and squirley
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
It's not that high, the bridge is maybe only 6 or 7 m above the water just cause the way the canal is built.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yea it coming up to winter was another reason I was thinking about this, but on a side note UK weather is fucked rn it's like still warm in september, but it'll get cold soon. I actually resesrched more and apparently purpously hyperventalating before taking the jump might be benificially as it increases the likely hood that you pass out, it's called "shallow water blackouts" or something and happens accidentally alot in sports like swimming or freediving.
Yeah, that is true. Hyperventilating is very helpful with the SWB method and possibly for your chosen method as well.
Yes.

Reactions: squareminus1 and squirley
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Do you have any sedative meds or drugs ? You can find a few stories of people popping a shit load of meds/drugs and drinking to black out in their tub.
I've thought about it. But was always questioning even of you're blacked out . Weights on chest. Does your brain / body know you're drowning. Does SI kick in . But you can't move because you're blacked out. So unconscious but conscious. Not sure I guess it's just an odd thought.

Either way good luck.

squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Do you have any sedative meds or drugs ? You can find a few stories of people popping a shit load of meds/drugs and drinking to black out in their tub.
I've thought about it. But was always questioning even of you're blacked out . Weights on chest. Does your brain / body know you're drowning. Does SI kick in . But you can't move because you're blacked out. So unconscious but conscious. Not sure I guess it's just an odd thought.

Either way good luck.
I have very limited knowledge in this so definetly do your own research but I think I think so long as you have conciousness it can kick in, you might not nescecarily have enough coherance to actually save yourself but like something would kick in. I am not sure if being in such a state would make it less painless? But it might increase the likelyhood of passing out fully and being unconicous which I assume would make it painless and eliminate SI but I am really not sure.