19andready

19andready

Almost Free
Jan 20, 2019
Hey everybody, first post in a while, which obviously means my suicidal prospects have yet to yield results. However, that also means I've spent the past several months compiling a list of potential methods ranked by their lethality and duration/intensity of suffering (as little as possible.)

Today I had a serendipitous memory of a cousin of mine who tragically drowned to death at the age of 4, and I began seriously considering drowning as a ctb method, as from what I gather from research it is a relatively painless and peaceful death aside from the initial discomfort from lack of oxygen.

I'd appreciate the input of my fellow SS members into whether or not this is a good idea. Your advice will be taken seriously and will play a role in whether or not I attempt this tonight, as this method is not one that can really be practiced prior to the final act. Thank you!

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning-my-method.17545/#post-332956

Lot of info there and also his personal account of what went wrong can be found in the forums as well.

Reactions: Dartz and 19andready
「 」

「 」

May 31, 2019
search for shallow water drowning, i think its in the resources thread

Reactions: Faraway1990 and 19andready
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Can you swim? Do you have a large body of water? When I was in my teens I almost drowned in a swimming pool I mean very close if I was to choose drowning as my method I'd go out to a deep body of water get drunk swim until I'm tired and dive as deep as I could before o tried to breath again I'm not trying to give ideas I'm just sharing how I would do it if I chose drowning to CTB. Peace in whatever you choose.

Reactions: Roger, Egddios and 19andready
19andready

19andready

Almost Free
Jan 20, 2019
Can you swim? Do you have a large body of water? When I was in my teens I almost drowned in a swimming pool I mean very close if I was to choose drowning as my method I'd go out to a deep body of water get drunk swim until I'm tired and dive as deep as I could before o tried to breath again I'm not trying to give ideas I'm just sharing how I would do it if I chose drowning to CTB. Peace in whatever you choose.

I do know how to swim, and there are numerous bodies of water in my area that I could potentially make use of. I simply considered the bathtub an ideal method because it's always available, 24/7, and I want to body to be found for closure. I appreciate the input though, thank you.

Reactions: Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I do know how to swim, and there are numerous bodies of water in my area that I could potentially make use of. I simply considered the bathtub an ideal method because it's always available, 24/7, and I want to body to be found for closure. I appreciate the input though, thank you.
I once attempted to drown myself in the bathtub I took drugs to loss consciousness etc then I woke up on my floor puking felt horrible my si really kicked me in the ass lol it's why I've chosen night night I want my body to be found and I'm going to set it up so even if my unconscious si kicks in its going to have a tough time doing anything.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Egddios
19andready

19andready

Almost Free
Jan 20, 2019
I once attempted to drown myself in the bathtub I took drugs to loss consciousness etc then I woke up on my floor puking felt horrible my si really kicked me in the ass lol it's why I've chosen night night I want my body to be found and I'm going to set it up so even if my unconscious si kicks in its going to have a tough time doing anything.

SI seems to be the biggest problem with the drowning method as the reaction can be quite violent. I'm curious to know if, in your case, the vomiting was solely a result of the drugs, the water, or some combination of both? I've considering securing weights to my head or maybe some sort of physical ceiling to prevent me from getting air when SI kicks in. Your experience seems pretty rough though.

Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
SI seems to be the biggest problem with the drowning method as the reaction can be quite violent. I'm curious to know if, in your case, the vomiting was solely a result of the drugs, the water, or some combination of both? I've considering securing weights to my head or maybe some sort of physical ceiling to prevent me from getting air when SI kicks in. Your experience seems pretty rough though.
It was both tablets and water you could tell, if you have a big enough bath tub to use a weight or cover etc it could work but it's going to feel isolated and your going to kick out if I was to do this I would try and breath as much as possible that will help you get through the si faster and it's quite peaceful after. I remember when I was in the swimming pool very clearly

Reactions: 19andready
19andready

19andready

Almost Free
Jan 20, 2019
It was both tablets and water you could tell, if you have a big enough bath tub to use a weight or cover etc it could work but it's going to feel isolated and your going to kick out if I was to do this I would try and breath as much as possible that will help you get through the si faster and it's quite peaceful after. I remember when I was in the swimming pool very clearly

So do you think some sort of inebriation is necessary in order to ctb via drowning?

19andready

19andready

Almost Free
Jan 20, 2019
Not necessary but it helps with the si

Thanks for the help. I am going to test this method out tonight to see how long it takes for involuntary spasms/SI to kick in without the assistance of drugs. I'm thinking they'll be necessary, however.

J

JeSuisMalade

Jul 13, 2019
I once attempted to drown myself in the bathtub I took drugs to loss consciousness etc then I woke up on my floor puking felt horrible my si really kicked me in the ass lol

What drugs did you take?

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Drowning in any way sounds like a terrible way to go.

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Drowning in any way sounds like a terrible way to go.

Personal preference really I think. I'd prefer drowning to most other ways, it's relatively peaceful once the 30 seconds to 3 minutes of panic and SI pass. Tie a big enough weight to your leg and just sink to the bottom of a pool or lake or ocean. No work, no muss, and no fuss, and SI can't do a damn thing once you're in that position.

I think most people would take 3 minutes of panic over more years of whatever hell this life is for them.

Last edited: