• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
I wonder why this method doesn't get more attention.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/hanging/drop-hanging
"This is purported to cause very quick, and almost painless (possibly for a millisecond) death by way of fracture-dislocation of the upper neck vertebrae, which crushes or severs the spinal cord leading to immediate unconsciousness (in a matter of milliseconds). The cause of death is asphyxiation, which occurs whilst comatose."

If I don't manage to find a better way soon, I think I will go this route. I have set my date. My time is running.

Reactions: dano6533, Caerula, Soon4me and 3 others
LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS

LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS

2muchofapussytokillmyself
Jun 26, 2018
I wonder why this method doesn't get more attention.

Because it's hard to execute.. :-)

Reactions: dano6533, iFeelmeaninglesss, VanHeineken and 3 others
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I maybe wrong but i think i remember reading before that somebody examined the bodies
of many people who were executed by this method and found that the neck was only
broken in a small number of cases.

If this method is done correctly it should be quick and less painful than short drop or no drop hanging
but if the neck doesn't break it can lead to being even more painful than short/no drop hanging.

Also you need the correct drop/knot position/ and so on.
You need access to height like a tree high beam etc
compared to short/no drop you just need a few cm/inch's off the ground
Or Partial suspension hanging using a door/bedpost etc

Reactions: dano6533, VanHeineken, Definitelyworried and 3 others
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I maybe wrong but i think i remember reading before that somebody examined the bodies of many people who were executed by this method and found that the neck was only broken in a small number of cases.

Yeah, I've seen this too.

If this method is done correctly it should be quick and less painful than short drop or no drop hanging but if the neck doesn't break it can lead to being even more painful than short/no drop hanging.

Also you need the correct drop/knot position/ and so on.
You need access to height like a tree high beam etc
compared to short/no drop you just need a few cm/inch's off the ground
Or Partial suspension hanging using a door/bedpost etc

Exactly. Most people do not have access to a place where you can have a drop of 1.5–3 meters. The drop also needs to be measured correctly and the rope needs to be prepared, but even then there are a lot of variables that makes breaking the neck uncertain, i.e. individual variations in bone strength etc. Even in state executions hangings go wrong. The hanging of Saddam Hussein's half-brother, where he was decapitated, is a notorious example.

Reactions: dano6533, Soon4me and LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
It's a very difficult method to execute. And anyone trying this should be extremely sure they know what they are doing, (I beleive there is a calculation: body weight, distance of drop, positioning of knot, and what type of noose and rope).

Reactions: dano6533, VanHeineken and LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
Even in state executions hangings go wrong. The hanging of Saddam Hussein's half-brother, where he was decapitated, is a notorious example.
I don't see how decapitation is wrong. If anything, it's a quick guaranteed way. Maybe for those that want to leave a nice body. I couldn't care less about what I leave behind. But yes, indeed, there are many calculations to be done. I seems however to be a method with a lot of potential. And maybe not so hard to implement if considered carefully.

Reactions: dano6533
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I don't see how decapitation is wrong. If anything, it's a quick guaranteed way. Maybe for those that want to leave a nice body. I couldn't care less about what I leave behind. But yes, indeed, there are many calculations to be done. I seems however to be a method with a lot of potential. And maybe not so hard to implement if considered carefully.

Decapitation is embarrassing and too gruesome in state executions, but I wonder too if decapitation in suicide might be a good method.

Reactions: dano6533 and Soon4me
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Decapitation by thick rope must be more painful than decapitation by heavy blade.
There are such things as slow painful decapitations.
The long drop method might potentially be considered painless because of lack of movement observed by the bystanders and witnesses, nonetheless the lack of movement might be caused by paralyzation but the pain might still be felt for a few seconds to maybe even a couple of minutes.
I think I read this somewhere.
However there have been some cases where people have been able to forced themselves to pass out while partial suspension, which in my opinion pain could potentially be minimal if executed correctly.
But everyone has a different preference.
It's not bad that you are looking into different methods before rushing into one.

Reactions: dano6533 and Tiburcio
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
It is an interesting method because even if you mess up, the chances of survival are slim. The result of mess ups are some extra pain and an uglier corpse at most. It is a method I consider, for sure.

Reactions: dano6533, Alysia and nonexistance
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
I don't recommend decapitation by rope. To have your head ripped off? Seriously? No thanks!

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I don't recommend decapitation by rope. To have your head ripped off? Seriously? No thanks!
It is quick and effective. What is the problem? You won't be alive to contemplate the decapitated body.

Reactions: dano6533, Tiburcio and nonexistance
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
It is quick and effective. What is the problem? You won't be alive to contemplate the decapitated body.

"So how humane is it? Laboratory mice can provide some clues, because decapitation is a standard way of killing them for certain kinds of experiments, using tiny guillotines.

One study from 1975 reported that signs of conscious awareness persisted for between nine and 18 seconds after the animals were beheaded. This timeframe has since been demonstrated in other animals too, so it could be a reasonable proxy for humans."

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180604-is-there-a-humane-way-to-kill-a-criminal

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
So... if it takes between 9 and 18 secs to kill lab mice with a guillotine.... it sure will take a longer time when you rip the head of a human being with a rope. And think of the pain!

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
There are stories of humans decapitated with a guillotine showing signs of consciousness too, not only animals. What I find confusing, though, is that stories of signs of consciousness are rarely told in reference to hanging, so would that mean a long drop hanging that breaks the neck is quicker than decapitation, either by guillotine or hanging? And would decapitation by hanging differ in any way from decapitation with a guillotine?

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Decapitation by thick rope must be more painful than decapitation by heavy blade.
There are such things as slow painful decapitations.
The long drop method might potentially be considered painless because of lack of movement observed by the bystanders and witnesses, nonetheless the lack of movement might be caused by paralyzation but the pain might still be felt for a few seconds to maybe even a couple of minutes.
I think I read this somewhere.
However there have been some cases where people have been able to forced themselves to pass out while partial suspension, which in my opinion pain could potentially be minimal if executed correctly.
But everyone has a different preference.
It's not bad that you are looking into different methods before rushing into one.
I have no way to confirm that but I worry about that with drop hanging

Do their eyes generally close though?