• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

laurelkickthebucket

laurelkickthebucket

waiting at the bus stop
May 19, 2024
Death by over-hydration seems to me like a pretty simple way to CTB. I've done a little bit of reading up about what actually happens in your body when you drink a lethal amount of water. I'm wondering if there are any serious caveats to this method? it seems like the symptoms may cause some pain, and throwing up is a possibility. Any method of killing yourself is bound to have some catch, but over-hydration seems like a pretty safe bet to me all things considered? Is there something big i'm missing?

Reactions: fleetingnight
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Death by over-hydration seems to me like a pretty simple way to CTB. I've done a little bit of reading up about what actually happens in your body when you drink a lethal amount of water. I'm wondering if there are any serious caveats to this method? it seems like the symptoms may cause some pain, and throwing up is a possibility. Any method of killing yourself is bound to have some catch, but over-hydration seems like a pretty safe bet to me all things considered? Is there something big i'm missing?
Not sure, I think it seems unreliable and painful- it would probably work sometimes, people accidentally do this. I think one possible risk is that you could damage yourself badly and not leave this world, there is a risk of disability of almost any level from this I would think, that would scare me about this method- there's no tried and true reliable quantity, and I think the pain would end up being really bad. I could be wrong about this, just speculating.

Reactions: KillMeh, etherealspring and laurelkickthebucket
Upvote 0
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Don't do it. Yeah, there's nausea and vomiting but there's more than that. Your brain swells which is where the severe headache will come from, which also brings on seizures. A lot of seizures. Then there's the increased blood pressure, delirium and all of that pressure building up because of the brain swelling will cause bleeding and brain damage. You'll eventually, EVENTUALLY go into a coma but be in a ton of pain both physically and mentally beforehand.

• Informative
Reactions: KillMeh, fleetingnight, AndroidAmongHumans and 3 others
Upvote 1
Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Refuses to give up hope
Jun 17, 2024
Hi, PLEASE do not do this. Water intoxication is a very good way to massively mess up things in your body. I don't even know where to start.
  • Messes up electrolyte levels incl. Potassium (vital for heart/muscle function)
  • Risk for FVE which is going to overload your circulatory system. Your heart is going to beat much faster and working harder
  • Pulmonary edema as fluid is pushed into your lungs. You'll have a wet cough and struggle to breathe
  • Generalized edema
  • Cerebral edema causing all types of neurological concerns
This is just scratching the surface. Anything your blood touches (which is basically everything) is going to be affected with enough water. These might sound like good things if you want to die, but 99% chance you're gonna be super out of it and get rushed to an ED. I don't want you to make your situation worse with a permanent injury. It's not worth it.

Reactions: heliophobic and GoatHerder
Upvote 2
J

just cant

Jul 11, 2024
What I've worked out with this method is you need to drink about 2 litres in 20mins. Have tried and the worse that happened was a headache (but I have one all the time) and started to pee a lot.

Upvote 0
D

dtkdave87

Jul 13, 2024
Unless you have chronic kidney disease or heart failure I don't think it's easily doable. Your body will just third space it and yes you may get hyponatremic but I don't know to what extent it will be a good ctb way out

Upvote 0
AndroidAmongHumans

AndroidAmongHumans

Full Bodily Autonomy is non-negotiable
Apr 27, 2023
I'd advise against this heavily. you have to chug down a minimum of 2 gallons in under an hour and force yourself to not accidentally piss yourself, most likely by exercising an extreme amount, and it's going to be a slow death filled with headaches and seizures the entire time.

Upvote 0
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There was a story in the news from July 4th of last year of a lady, very healthy and 35, who did die after drinking two liters of water, just over a half gallon, in 20 minutes, and I think earlier she drank 4 liters in less than 30 minutes, a very tragic loss for her because she was living a very happy life with her husband and two young kids. But it would be painful and it would be very difficult to get the dose right. It happens sometimes accidentally but it seems very tough to duplicate on purpose.

Upvote 0
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
There was a story in the news from July 4th of last year of a lady, very healthy and 35, who did die after drinking two liters of water, just over a half gallon, in 20 minutes, and I think earlier she drank 4 liters in less than 30 minutes, a very tragic loss for her because she was living a very happy life with her husband and two young kids. But it would be painful and it would be very difficult to get the dose right. It happens sometimes accidentally but it seems very tough to duplicate on purpose.
I'm sure Ive drunk 2 litres of water in 20 minutes just because I was very thirsty. Nothing happened except I was less thirsty. Are you sure it was 2 litres?

Upvote 0
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I'm sure Ive drunk 2 litres of water in 20 minutes just because I was very thirsty. Nothing happened except I was less thirsty. Are you sure it was 2 litres?
It was 2 liters in 20 minutes after drinking 4 liters in 30 minutes earlier, according to the article i read. How much time in between they didn't say. Also at frat parties hazing parties some guys have been killed this way through a beer bong.

Upvote 0
Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
Don't do it. Yeah, there's nausea and vomiting but there's more than that. Your brain swells which is where the severe headache will come from, which also brings on seizures. A lot of seizures. Then there's the increased blood pressure, delirium and all of that pressure building up because of the brain swelling will cause bleeding and brain damage. You'll eventually, EVENTUALLY go into a coma but be in a ton of pain both physically and mentally beforehand.
I did this accidentally and it is totally this. Also my hands and legs were numb and I was not able to stand. And I had to wait in this hellish state for around 15 hours to have my NaCl (very big waiting time in ER). I didn't have delirium, but a very confused state of mind, I was really afraid of stopping understanding things and do not take keys of my appartement with me in ER etc. I was not aware of the reason of my state, only my blood works showed low sodium. And I took lots of water in a very little time. Maybe 4-5 liters, I don't remember exactly. I thought that I was poisoned by a meal and I was keeping drinking and drinking and my state was worse and worse and without me knowing that it was the water.....
I didn't have brain damage but for a couple of weeks I had the worst headaches ever 24/24 (drugs were of 0 help), sensations of paralyzis, terrible brain fog etc...

• Hugs
  • Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: heliophobic, just cant and Someone123
Upvote 0
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
It was 2 liters in 20 minutes after drinking 4 liters in 30 minutes earlier, according to the article i read. How much time in between they didn't say. Also at frat parties hazing parties some guys have been killed this way through a beer bong.
Ah. Don't think I've ever done those. Thanks for explaining x

Upvote 0