• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
I'm really starting to doubt the efficacy of SN. I thought this method may work but now I'm not so sure.

Does anybody feel the same?

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, dano6533, Strumgewehr and 6 others
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
same. wish N was easier to obtain.

Reactions: Saed, dano6533 and mattwitt
bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
What makes you think so?

Reactions: dano6533, Tiburcio and anna
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I was actually trying to browse through the medical literature on SN poisoning yesterday. Cases of suicide are only two, they seem to indicate that time to altered consciousness can be at least 5 minutes and that you can be resuscitated within maybe at least 10 minutes after ingestion. More importantly, one man in his twenties ingested 20–22 g, yet still was able to survive even without brain injury. The PPH recommendation have been 7 g, later 10 g and now in June it's apparently 15 g.

Reactions: dano6533, Fixin’ToDie, Gumby and 4 others
R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
What makes you think so?

@spicyfriedtofu has said a lot of what I was thinking, I just keep hearing and reading these reports and mostly those that seem to suggest it is not reliable. Lots of people are surviving their attempts.

I know you can't always be party to rumour but it just doesn't seem to be a reliable, nor a peaceful method. Again, another good point @spicyfriedtofu raised is that the PPH keeps raising the dose. Next month, will it be 30g, who knows?

Sorry, I should have really put this under the Venting tag but I'm just at my wits end. This forum is all I have. I really respect you all and don't mean to moan.

Thank you for your replies.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Saed, dano6533 and 5 others
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
You cannot eliminate the risk. Every method offers ways to fail, you cannot predict how your body reacts to certain chemical compostions simple as that. SN is relatively safe, 15g induces a high level of methemoglobinemia mostly enough to ctb.
Edit: it's one of the more certain ways for sure

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, pthnrdnojvsc, shrek34 and 11 others
R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
You cannot eliminate the risk. Every method offers ways to fail, you cannot predict how your body reacts to certain chemical compostions simple as that. SN is relatively safe, 15g induces a high level of methemoglobinemia mostly enough to ctb.
Edit: it's one of the more certain ways for sure

True @EternalSanction, I just need reminding of this I guess. I'm very mixed up today. Hoping it will pass.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, dano6533 and Strumgewehr
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
True @EternalSanction, I just need reminding of this I guess. I'm very mixed up today. Hoping it will pass.
I just did some research again and found that actually you only need 3g of sn to be lethal (in some cases). In the end it's all about a bit of luck to successfully take the last step in life apparently. So just go for the method you feel most comfortable/peaceful with and which is easy to set up.

Reactions: dano6533
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Today I ordered 100 grams, but I also have doubts about whether it is safe and peaceful.

Reactions: Monkeybutt and dano6533
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I don't know about anybody else, but that part about it turning the blood chocolate-brown just really turns me off to the method. I don't really know why, but the thought of my blood looking like a chocolate fondue pot just doesn't sound peaceful or pleasant at all.

Reactions: downndone2, dano6533, Fixin’ToDie and 3 others
Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
It's all about how your body reacts to it. Apart from vomiting, your body doesnt really do anything about N, but it has specific enzymes to counter what SN causes upon ingestion, albeit they are never used on such a high "scale". That's why I think the recommended dosage keeps rising, as more and more people keep chosing this method, their bodies react differently and 15g might not even be enough to overcome this protection your own body has against methemoglobenia.
If it reassures you somewhat, a user here recently went through SN with 30g and hasn't been heard of ever since.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Justanotherconsumer, dano6533 and 5 others
wait

wait

forever
Jun 14, 2018
I think fails r related to its purity,throw up, and interraction with foods remains in stomach.
Also nitrIte have chance to evolve as nitrAte when get touch with atmosphere for some days.
And NitrAte will not do the job.

Reactions: dano6533, dwimplepeen213, Tiburcio and 1 other person
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
I don't know about anybody else, but that part about it turning the blood chocolate-brown just really turns me off to the method. I don't really know why, but the thought of my blood looking like a chocolate fondue pot just doesn't sound peaceful or pleasant at all.
It doesn't quite put me off the method, but I like your humorous way of putting it!

Reactions: dano6533, ReleaseMe and Gumby
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
It's all about how your body reacts to it. Apart from vomiting, your body doesnt really do anything about N, but it has specific enzymes to counter what SN causes upon ingestion, albeit they are never used on such a high "scale". That's why I think the recommended dosage keeps rising, as more and more people keep chosing this method, their bodies react differently and 15g might not even be enough to overcome this protection your own body has against methemoglobenia.
If it reassures you somewhat, a user here recently went through SN with 30g and hasn't been heard of ever since.
This is just a theory I have, but I'm wondering whether if you're an older person like me (and OP too, as I recall) whether the body is less resilient to the insult of the SN than it would be for a younger person, in which case failure would be less likely? This might be particularly so if any of the vital organs are already compromised, e.g. heart conditions.

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
This is just a theory I have, but I'm wondering whether if you're an older person like me (and OP too, as I recall) whether the body is less resilient to the insult of the SN than it would be for a younger person, in which case failure would be less likely? This might be particularly so if any of the vital organs are already compromised, e.g. heart conditions.
Totally. Cardiovascular (and possibly renal) problems will lead to symptoms and eventually death at much much lower concentrations of methemoglobin (possibly even within regular parameters without the use of SN).
Been thinking about making a "megathread" about SN to compile all the info I got so far...

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, dano6533, Tiburcio and 4 others
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
Totally. Cardiovascular (and possibly renal) problems will lead to symptoms and eventually death at much much lower concentrations of methemoglobin (possibly even within regular parameters without the use of SN).
Been thinking about making a "megathread" about SN to compile all the info I got so far...
Thanks for your reply, which was very interesting.
A megathread about SN that brings it all together would be an excellent resource. In any case I really appreciate the input you've been providing to these threads so far.

Reactions: dano6533, Azure and anna
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
Megathread would be a nice addition to ressources. Please do so if you find time!

Reactions: dano6533, Azure and Tiburcio
Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
Megathread would be a nice addition to ressources. Please do so if you find time!
Thanks for your reply, which was very interesting.
A megathread about SN that brings it all together would be an excellent resource. In any case I really appreciate the input you've been providing to these threads so far.
I'm on it. Sorry if it takes a couple days, I'm busy and can only do it at night, and dont wanna post a half assed thread.

Reactions: dano6533, Fixin’ToDie and EternalSanction
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
I'm on it. Sorry if it takes a couple days, I'm busy and can only do it at night, and dont wanna post a half assed thread.
Wow, quickest couple of days I've ever witnessed! Hope you find some time to sleep. The thread is looking great.

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
Wow, quickest couple of days I've ever witnessed! Hope you find some time to sleep. The thread is looking great.
Had already been working on it for some days before, but I finally got to have someone proofreading it and finished it haha

Reactions: dano6533 and Fixin’ToDie
R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread, sorry I seemed like such a despairing despot the other day. @EternalSanction, @Fixin'ToDie and as always @Azure for your help.

Been thinking about N recently but it's the technology and procurement method that puts me off. Who knows? Feel like I'm back at square one but as always reading your comments has been of great solace. Thank you.

Reactions: dano6533 and Gumby
A

Alice

Jul 5, 2018
Would it be better do you think to take a dose over 15g. I guess this ups the chance of vomiting but would maybe 25ish be a safer bet or not, thanks

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I would think while dosage is important, it is equally as important to not be found and also hinder yourself to call for help. The person that ingested 20–22 g I talked about earlier actually called the ambulance himself after 5 minutes. That suggests to me he either was in regret or pain and a very slow onset of unconsciousness compared to other methods like hanging, N, intert gases and so on. Still, he would probably be dead if he would not have called.

A

Alice

Jul 5, 2018
I would think while dosage is important, it is equally as important to not be found and also hinder yourself to call for help. The person that ingested 20–22 g I talked about earlier actually called the ambulance himself after 5 minutes. That suggests to me he either was in regret or pain and a very slow onset of unconsciousness compared to other methods like hanging, N, intert gases and so on. Still, he would probably be dead if he would not have called.
Yeah true I guess im more likely to call for help if the dosage is too much. I may go for 20g as I am a young person not quite sure. thanks x

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I was actually trying to browse through the medical literature on SN poisoning yesterday. Cases of suicide are only two, they seem to indicate that time to altered consciousness can be at least 5 minutes and that you can be resuscitated within maybe at least 10 minutes after ingestion. More importantly, one man in his twenties ingested 20–22 g, yet still was able to survive even without brain injury. The PPH recommendation have been 7 g, later 10 g and now in June it's apparently 15 g.
And now it's 25

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
I wonder what happens if you take a lot, say, 100-200g of SN?

Instant death? Prolonged violent suffering and brutal death?

Curious...

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Same here, I cant imagine how the chocolate fondue would feel trying to circulate thru the heart in the final moments. Also, not wanting to spend my final moments wretching. I feel much more at ease with N.

Reactions: Foresight