DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
My dad just told me "Just pray to god and he'll take care of all your needs"

BULLSHIT

Maybe its because I'm on my period/crabby mood. But my family lives as if they love god but they abuse each other

Ugh I hate people like my father I swear

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, DyslexicForeigner, InterstateFlowers and 17 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I loathe that so much. From the looks of how people treat each other, I think God is an asshole, narcissist, megalomaniac , and an asshole again.

:hmph:

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Zappfe lover, suicidalstrawbabie and 9 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I dont preach religion, but i love to talk about it because it actually comforts me.. So when i talk about it to someone else, im just really talking to myself, reminding myself that i will be ok. It will be ok for me. I sometimes go too deep into it as well,and too long, but only because i got into it.

In no way i ever want to enforce it on anyone. But it also brings me so much comfort that i cannot stop.. I lose sense of time.. Stopping brings pain back.

So im sorry to anyone if i ever do that to you. And im sorry for others who might do that to you for the same reason.

We get lost in the thought. Talking about it temporarily stops the pain. Just a little bit.

Sorry

Just to add, ppl do tell me to just pray away my pain, and i agree, thats wrong, annoying and arrogant. If person is suffering, such words will not bring any comfort. Theres time and spot for everything. So i hope people stop pushing idea of prayers to magicaly fix everything instantly. Just saying.

But in consented conversations i could talk too much. Sorry again.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GrassFields, draw a circle, Lostandfound7 and 3 others
red_pen

red_pen

yob: 1999
Jul 2, 2020
YES i get so tired of my mother telling me to pray more/saying that god will take care of things/referencing "faith".

it's like she doesn't realize that i have spent so much time praying for the tiniest of things to make my life easier (e.g. being able to focus on my lessons, not dealing with [x super secret very minor yet very troublesome socially medical issue]) and absolutely nothing good has come out of it.

don't think god gives a shit about what happens down here, tbh

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Dreamless Sleep, lotus11 and 5 others
JD8080

JD8080

“Death is certain, Life is not “
Jun 28, 2020
It's all bullshit ! Makes me so mad when someone tells me to pray and things will get better. Or the famous GOD doesn't give you more than you can handle bullshit

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Dreamless Sleep, Broken Chimera and 5 others
Torbasco

Torbasco

Jun 10, 2020
It's such an annoying tool that lazy people use to avoid personal responsibility. I respect peoples' faith, but I don't respect anyone who uses it as an excuse or cop-out for serious problems they should be handling themselves.

• Love
Reactions: KLUF, TheSoulless, ayanonikki and 8 others
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I see that a lot, 'Jesus/God will save you'. Well he must have been on vacation when I was kid, because I was raised to believe in him and I still ended up here. No problem with those who believe, but I don't want it pushed on me like it's a cure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Aonewayticketplease, TheSoulless, Meena and 4 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
If god gave half a damn, this world wouldn't be like this. Not one prayer ever prayed solved anything. And the people who say that usually don't care enough to actually do anything so they give you the god advice.

I'm tired of people saying that knowing that prayer has never helped anyone except to believe that an invisible man in the sky is going to help them. Then they get mad if you don't believe it. Sad.

Reactions: Aonewayticketplease, sadghost, red_pen and 3 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
To be born into a religious family is a curse that makes death be considered a reward.

• Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, red_pen and TheSoulless
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Honestly, religion is now a "too bad that it's good" kind of thing for me. Kind of humours me now.

Reactions: red_pen and TheSoulless
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'm fine with people having religions and their own beliefs and stuff. But when they start pushing it onto others and acting like it's the most important thing in the world then I get really annoyed. You can talk about your point of view but you can't make others see your point of view.

Reactions: sadghost, red_pen, disabledandhopeless and 2 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
If praying works sure there will be no more suffering, but religious people will just deny why someone's praying didn't work by throwing excuses & bullshits.

Reactions: red_pen
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I'm in a situation where I never have to hear about religion, and that's mostly been the case all my life. The only time I hear about religion is when I'm in the psyche ward, or if I go to the city center

D

death unto me

Jun 26, 2020
Very much, I'm from a very religious family- my mom joined convent but eventually left and met my dad, his father(my grandpa) regularly serve the church. So, just imagine all the preaching. They also sent me in a catholic institution for 14 years and I remember my religion teacher calling everyone who opposes the christian doctrine, devil incarnate/under the influence of satan. She also told the story that one time she was so hungry during the Eucharist because she forgot to eat but when she received the sacramental bread she felt full, she then continue to say that no one dies because of hunger because God will save us all.I mean, talk about brain washing and indoctrination. She also gave me a failing grade when I started to questioning the doctrine in one of my journals, wherein she told us that everything that will be written there will not be held against us.

Last edited:
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Very much, I'm from a very religious family- my mom joined convent but eventually left and met my dad, his father(my grandpa) regularly serve the church. So, just imagine all the preaching. They also sent me in a catholic institution for 14 years and I remember my religion teacher calling everyone who opposes the christian doctrine, devil incarnate/under the influence of satan. She also told the story that one time she was so hungry during the Eucharist because she forgot to eat but when she received the sacramental bread she felt full, she then continue to say that no one dies because of hunger because God will save us all.I mean, talk about brain washing and indoctrination.
Did you ask her if she would consider psychological therapy or something? Well, God doesn't cover medical bills.

B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I dont preach religion, but i love to talk about it because it actually comforts me.. So when i talk about it to someone else, im just really talking to myself, reminding myself that i will be ok. It will be ok for me. I sometimes go too deep into it as well,and too long, but only because i got into it.

In no way i ever want to enforce it on anyone. But it also brings me so much comfort that i cannot stop.. I lose sense of time.. Stopping brings pain back.

So im sorry to anyone if i ever do that to you. And im sorry for others who might do that to you for the same reason.

We get lost in the thought. Talking about it temporarily stops the pain. Just a little bit.

Sorry

Just to add, ppl do tell me to just pray away my pain, and i agree, thats wrong, annoying and arrogant. If person is suffering, such words will not bring any comfort. Theres time and spot for everything. So i hope people stop pushing idea of prayers to magicaly fix everything instantly. Just saying.

But in consented conversations i could talk too much. Sorry again.
I'm the same way. It comforts me but I don't push beliefs

EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
I'm no evangelist, my faith is for me and I believe that everyone should find their own pathway to faith and if they want too. I'm not a fan of religion because for me faith is different and does not rely on man made rhetoric and rules.

Reactions: Lostandfound7 and Brokenwithbpd
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019

BULLSHIT

Maybe its because I'm on my period/crabby mood. But my family lives as if they love god but they abuse each other

Illogicality and hypocrisy is part of every religion.

Every time I hear religious people talking, I laugh my ass off :D

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner
A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019

BULLSHIT

Oh hell yeah. if he was so loving and all knowing why the hell didn't he anticipate what you needed and provide for your needs before you had to ask?

I'm sure that victims of mass shootings have prayed for help. Never heard of a flash of lightening followed by a crash of thunder and all of a sudden everyone was saved.

Also, if his plan was so perfect and included fucking you over why would he change it just for you? The change to accommodate you would mean that his plan was not in fact perfect and that to get back on course he would have to change a whole lot of other things to get back to the original outcome.

Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
No, I find it interesting, as long as they are actually knowledgeable about their specific creed.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
My mother is religious but I am not. Yes she does give me the "just believe in god" affirmations and as another user mentioned it comforts her. I don't bother arguing or sharing my views because it gives her a semblance of peace. I don't hate it but I get annoyed when it's enforced on others. That all my problems were apart of gods plan and that by praying everything can be fixed (it won't)

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Oh yes, absolutely. I oftenly try to steer clear of such kinds of people. They are not only judgmental and arrogant, they are dismissive and annoying too with their preachy spiel about how to live life, how one must appreciate what one has, and what not. Furthermore, they use fear, threats, and shame to gain compliance and agreeance which is really disgusting, plus some are hypocrites (or rather a good amount of them) so I'm not even going to engage them when I can avoid them.

• Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
God = a butcher.
His only excuse is not to exist.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020