Misfortunete

Misfortunete

I’ve been hurt, so i will hurt others
Sep 14, 2023
i push people away when they try to get close to me i had some friends but i always end up ignoring them after a while i just don't want to talk to them i get annoyed when they try to reach out to me i don't know how to stop this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
keep pushing them away. if theyre not worth opening up to, theyre not worth having around.

Misfortunete

Misfortunete

Sep 14, 2023
keep pushing them away. if theyre not worth opening up to, theyre not worth having around.
Yeah you're right,I have this forum now who needs them anyway.

Reactions: hmskms
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Have you been let down by people in your life? Have people said they cared but ultimately left you? I think sometimes we push people away as a defense mechanism. It hurts to lose people- so to avoid that, sometimes I think it feels safest not to get too close or rely on them to begin with.

It maybe also has to do with upbringing. My Mum died when I was very young and I've read before that motherless children as it were often grow up to be quite independent. I don't know your background and don't mean to pry but I think that can influence things too- if you had a shaky childhood.

I think it also helps to consider what it is that's annoying you. I find often people will spout a load of unrealistic platitudes if I tell them how I really am. That just annoys me because it feels like they are belittling my problems. So- I tend just to avoid the question now. Or, I just say I'm the same as always or- I'm fine if I don't know them so well.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Misfortunete

Misfortunete

Sep 14, 2023
Have you been let down by people in your life? Have people said they cared but ultimately left you? I think sometimes we push people away as a defense mechanism. It hurts to lose people- so to avoid that, sometimes I think it feels safest not to get too close or rely on them to begin with.
In all the friend groups I've had I was always the one who got left out on things or they would include me at the last minute maybe this affected me more than I thought. Now I do this to people who don't deserve it and I feel bad about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep