jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I can't really think of any problems to discuss with her, but I am talking to her in 8 hours. This always happens. I have a bit of social anxiety, a bit of depression, a bit of anger, sleeping problems, a lot of boredom and feeling empty but nothing really worthy of talking about. I'm at a loss. I need to occupy the 45 minutes with something. Idk what to do. I guess I've sorta been getting by ok. Not great but I dunno

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Don't overthink it. I've had sessions with my therapist where I go in thinking I've been getting by and have nothing urgent to talk about, and we end up talking about something. If there's nothing specific that you want to talk about, just tell them about what you've been thinking of lately, or what you did. You don't need to start every session with a profound question or worry. A good therapist will help you get some insight out of even the most pedestrian thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: Bardo and jodes2
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Well, just ask yourself how you've been feeling lately. Are you sad, angry, ashamed, happy, lonely, depressed, guilt ridden, etc..

Really dive into the strongest emotion you've been having. Talk about that. Maybe you'll get answers as to why you're feeling that way or what's causing it.

You're a bit angry. At who?
A bit depressed. From what?
A bit socially anxious. Have you tried analyzing your experiences to find the cause?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yavannah and jodes2
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Talking to your therapists about how you can build a caring social support network to work on maybe the #1 cause of depression- loneliness- can be productive if they have good ideas. HOw can you build better friendships,and family relationships when this is possible, can be a good topic- especially how to make friends, since for so many depressed people family is a primary cause of their depression.

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Talking to your therapists about how you can build a caring social support network to work on maybe the #1 cause of depression- loneliness- can be productive if they have good ideas. HOw can you build better friendships,and family relationships when this is possible, can be a good topic- especially how to make friends, since for so many depressed people family is a primary cause of their depression.
Well, just ask yourself how you've been feeling lately. Are you sad, angry, ashamed, happy, lonely, depressed, guilt ridden, etc..

Really dive into the strongest emotion you've been having. Talk about that. Maybe you'll get answers as to why you're feeling that way or what's causing it.

You're a bit angry. At who?
A bit depressed. From what?
A bit socially anxious. Have you tried analyzing your experiences to find the cause?
Don't overthink it. I've had sessions with my therapist where I go in thinking I've been getting by and have nothing urgent to talk about, and we end up talking about something. If there's nothing specific that you want to talk about, just tell them about what you've been thinking of lately, or what you did. You don't need to start every session with a profound question or worry. A good therapist will help you get some insight out of even the most pedestrian thoughts.
Thank you for all the really helpful replies guys that really helps ❤️ I'll do those

Reactions: TransilvanianHunger, Someone123 and littlelady774
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Thank you for all the really helpful replies guys that really helps ❤️ I'll do those
There are a lot of videos on youtube about how to make friends that people have put a lot of work into- some ideas work for some poeopel but not others- if one video doesn't w9rk than you can try another- I'll post links to a few videos that might help taht I found by searching using how to make friends", Please note that I haven't watched these whole videos but just went mainly by the thumbnail photos and descriptions, though I have found good ideas in similar videos:

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
There are a lot of videos on youtube about how to make friends that people have put a lot of work into- some ideas work for some poeopel but not others- if one video doesn't w9rk than you can try another- I'll post links to a few videos that might help taht I found by searching using how to make friends", Please note that I haven't watched these whole videos but just went mainly by the thumbnail photos and descriptions, though I have found good ideas in similar videos:

Thanks!

Reactions: Someone123
omgisthatashley

omgisthatashley

Improving or Improvising?
Oct 17, 2022
This might not be too helpful, as I think this works for me because I have a relatively new therapist (meeting for 4-5 months) But when ive had a good week, or havent had many bad moments, she has me tell stories about my life. Traumatic events, hospitalizations, just any of my past experiences. They help her better understand me and the issues im working through, and why im having those issues in the first place. If youve been with a therapist for a while, they likely know about your past traumas, but maybe theres something you havent told them yet? Sometimes what seem like benign, unimportant events turn out to be big factors in why we feel the ways we do.

• Love
Reactions: Someone123 and jodes2
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
well before, i kept a journal and so while consulting, i skimmed my journal to find a topic.. but before that, i actually write it down first and show my psychiatrist.
but if it doesn't works, might be a good idea to find another therapist sometimes idk what to called it, like different connection with different person..

• Love
Reactions: jodes2