Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Faster We Run, And We Die Young
Aug 29, 2020
So I live in Ireland and bought a UK Nitrogen regulator from Max Dog Brewing since we use UK regulators here too.

Here's some screenshots of the regulator on their website (Note "CGA-580 valve" in description)

However, when the regulator arrived I noticed it said "CGA-540" on the side of it:

So, I went to the escmode website (my second choice after MDB) that sell medical Nitrogen regulators too and clicked on the UK version. It says UK regulators use a "BS341 No. 3" connection:

So then why are Max Dog selling UK regulators with CGA-540 connections when another website says they use a different connection altogether?

Here's a picture of my MDB "UK" regulator connection:

And here's a picture of an actual UK regulator connection according to escmode:

Clearly two different connections, right? So which one am I supposed to use!? Am I just after wasting over €300 on a useless regulator? The UK escmode one isn't even in stock anymore so I don't know what I'm supposed to do now...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kruger, Disco Biscuit, StateOfMind and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I also considered this method and I was going to buy the regulator but I looked at the price and thought I can buy it cheaper in the UK, but I did send an enquiry telling them i am considering buying it and I live in the UK so can you tell me a company that I can buy the canister from which the regulator will fit and they did.

So I would contact them and tell them the regulator information and ask them to find you a company, worse ways they may send you a replacement.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Matthias_k
Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
I also considered this method and I was going to buy the regulator but I looked at the price and thought I can buy it cheaper in the UK, but I did send an enquiry telling them i am considering buying it and I live in the UK so can you tell me a company that I can buy the canister from which the regulator will fit and they did.

So I would contact them and tell them the regulator information and ask them to find you a company, worse ways they may send you a replacement.

Cheers

Geo

But if you go online, all the gas cylinders you see on UK sites will be UK cylinders. You didn't need to ask MDB for a site.

Cheers

Geo

Are you talking about Max Dog or escmode? Both of them are roughly the same price. Do you happen to have a UK regulator on hand that you can send me a picture of?

Reactions: Kruger
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
But if you go online, all the gas cylinders you see on UK sites will be UK cylinders. You didn't need to ask MDB for a site.

Are you talking about Max Dog or escmode? Both of them are roughly the same price. Do you happen to have a UK regulator on hand that you can send me a picture of?

I contacted Max Dog and they sent me a company in the UK, but I decided to go with SN as I would have trouble explaining a cylinder being delivered and it would be impossible hiding it due to a lot of people at home.

Cheers

George

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
@Stepheng7287 The Mad Dog regulator is made to directly connect to the nitrogen tank where as a standard oxygen regulator needs the interim connector. So basically if you buy the Mad Dog regulator you won't need the extra piece vs. buying a standard regulator and needing the nitrogen <-> oxygen connector.

Long time ago there were many deaths due to people accidentally connecting thier oxygen masks to nitrogen, argon, etc. tanks. As such OSHA forced manufacturers to make the oxygen connectors different sizes from other tank connections which cut down on all the accidental deaths. The Mad Dog regulator saves the extra step but its at an enormous cost just for the convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: job1315
endergames

endergames

Aug 6, 2020
@Stepheng7287 , I noticed in one of you photos that the (mbd?) regulator is rated at 2600 psi. Gaseous nitrogen is generally compressed at higher pressures. Just be mindful that your nitrogen cylinder bottle may have been filled to the higher pressure.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No clue about the U.K., but in the US Amazon has regulators for like $20.

Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
@Stepheng7287 , I noticed in one of you photos that the (mbd?) regulator is rated at 2600 psi. Gaseous nitrogen is generally compressed at higher pressures. Just be mindful that your nitrogen cylinder bottle may have been filled to the higher pressure.

Yeah, I went onto escmode website yesterday and picked up one of their regulators instead. I'm not taking the chance and having the cylinder blow up in my face. Hopefully I can get my money back on the MDB one but they don't seem to like answering emails...
@Stepheng7287 The Mad Dog regulator is made to directly connect to the nitrogen tank where as a standard oxygen regulator needs the interim connector. So basically if you buy the Mad Dog regulator you won't need the extra piece vs. buying a standard regulator and needing the nitrogen <-> oxygen connector.

Long time ago there were many deaths due to people accidentally connecting thier oxygen masks to nitrogen, argon, etc. tanks. As such OSHA forced manufacturers to make the oxygen connectors different sizes from other tank connections which cut down on all the accidental deaths. The Mad Dog regulator saves the extra step but its at an enormous cost just for the convenience.

Yeah, turns out the MDB reg isn't really suitable for Nitrogen cylinders at all. All the cylinders I can see are 200bar (2900psi) but you can't go over 2600psi with the MBD. Maybe you can get less pressurised bottles in the States but I can't find any here under 200bar in Ireland.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Yeah, I went onto escmode website yesterday and picked up one of their regulators instead. I'm not taking the chance and having the cylinder blow up in my face. Hopefully I can get my money back on the MDB one but they don't seem to like answering emails...

Yeah, turns out the MDB reg isn't really suitable for Nitrogen cylinders at all. All the cylinders I can see are 200bar (2900psi) but you can't go over 2600psi with the MBD. Maybe you can get less pressurised bottles in the States but I can't find any here under 200bar in Ireland.

MDB is nonrefundable.

There are plenty of people who used it. Of course I'm not sure who's in the UK. There used to be a note on the website for people in certain countries to check with them on tank companies. I remember UK was one of the countries.

I just did a search and found a UK tank company and the connector looks appropriate.

Are you saying that you tried to connect MDB to a tank and it didnt work OR are you saying the tanks you see online dont have the same connector?

EDIT: Most tanks in US arent listed with a pressurization so I suppose it's a standard amount? Where are you getting the information on the pressurization limits for MDB etc. People here have not made a big issue of that. I wonder if theres a potential misunderstanding?

Last edited:
Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
MDB is nonrefundable.

There are plenty of people who used it. Of course I'm not sure who's in the UK. There used to be a note on the website for people in certain countries to check with them on tank companies. I remember UK was one of the countries.

I just did a search and found a UK tank company and the connector looks appropriate.

Are you saying that you tried to connect MDB to a tank and it didnt work OR are you saying the tanks you see online dont have the same connector?

EDIT: Most tanks in US arent listed with a pressurization so I suppose it's a standard amount?

I'm saying MDB sent me a "UK" regulator with a CGA-540 valve connection on it (which is US only) when the UK actually use a BS341 connection. They look very similar but definitely aren't the same thing. Yes I should have Googled this beforehand but I figured because it was labelled "UK" that it would have a "UK" connection.

I'm not sure how the tanks are in the US but I'm pretty sure they have to tell you the pressure.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'm saying MDB sent me a "UK" regulator with a CGA-540 valve connection on it (which is US only) when the UK actually use a BS341 connection. They look very similar but definitely aren't the same thing. Yes I should have Googled this beforehand but I figured because it was labelled "UK" that it would have a "UK" connection.

I'm not sure how the tanks are in the US but I'm pretty sure they have to tell you the pressure.

I just checked. I have a tank from a site you previously posted (that was removed) but it wasn't listed in the details. The Q&A from customers however reveals that it is 2200 psi, and notes that this changes with the temperature and fill level. There are several people here who bought that tank as well as a tank from another company and a standard regulator with flow up to 15 liters. The pressurization had never been discussed as something to worry about. Someone here had a SO post success on their demise. None of them were focused on tanks exploding. Have you done a search on that here?

OK...I found a CGA 540 to BS341 online so they are obviously different however nitrogen tanks here are made here with CGA 580 connectors so a standard non maddog setup would be nitrogen tank----> CGA 580-540--->to oxygen regulator. Is it possible that BS341 is similar to 580? (I'm searching now)

EDIT: I see whats going on here. CGA and BS341 are the names of the connector types. Within each connector type their is a measurement for the thread. So for example there is BS341 No 1, No. 2, etc. And some those numbers may / may not be compatible with CGAXXX based on the measurement of the threading.

BS341 No. 3 (UK) Nitrogen Cylinder Bottle Connector - G 5/8"

CGA 1805/8" - 18 UNF INTAll GasesSmall Cylinders
CGA 5400.903" - 14 NGOOxygenOxidizer
CGA 5800.965" - 14 NGO INTArgon, NitrogenInerts

Is it possible to find a BS341 No. 3 to CGA540 so you dont waste money?

Last edited:
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
LMFAO FOCKERS you said that "The Mad Dog regulator is made to directly connect to the nitrogen tank where as a standard oxygen regulator needs the interim connector. So basically if you buy the Mad Dog regulator you won't need the extra piece vs. buying a standard regulator and needing the nitrogen <-> oxygen connector."

I believe this is incorrect (and which you seem to be aware of later in the thread but perhaps not for the right reason.)

If you look at the second picture Stepheng7287 posted which shows the close-up of the regulator MDB sent him, the writing on the regulator says "BRASS-SLEEVED 50 PSI 02 REGULATOR...".

MDB sent him an OXYGEN regulator with an America-only connector on it but he's in Ireland which uses a BS 341 No. 3 thread pitch on nitrogen tanks.

Stepheng you need to do a Google search using the phrase "CGA 540 to BS 341 No. 3 adapter" or "BS 341 No.3 TO CGA 540 adapter" and you should find it for sale on the internet.

I phrased it both ways because I'm not sure if it makes a difference which numerical designation comes first. Is a "540 to BS 341" adapter the same device as a "BS 341 to 540" adapter? I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: FromGermany, Stepheng7287 and Meditation guide
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Stephen you need to do a Google search using the phrase "CGA 540 to BS 341 No. 3 adapter" or "BS 341 No.3 TO CGA 540 adapter" and you should find it for sale on the internet.

I phrased it both ways because I'm not sure if it makes a difference which numerical designation comes first. Is a "540 to BS 341" adapter the same device as a "BS 341 to 540" adapter? I don't know.

I just posted this above.​

LMFAO FOCKERS you said that "The Mad Dog regulator is made to directly connect to the nitrogen tank where as a standard oxygen regulator needs the interim connector. So basically if you buy the Mad Dog regulator you won't need the extra piece vs. buying a standard regulator and needing the nitrogen <-> oxygen connector."

I believe this is incorrect (and which you seem to be aware of later in the thread but perhaps not for the right reason.)

I am not a MDB expert. I was going off of information reported by people on this site. I stated that in a prior post. I have the second setup I mentioned not MDB.​
I also stated in a prior post that MDB used to have a note saying that UK customers should contact him before buying that regulator.​
So the questions I was trying to also answer (that you may also answer if you know??) is:​
  1. Does it connect directly to US (or other countries) tanks only?
  2. Is it just a problem with UK tanks?
If MDB does NOT directly connect to US tanks (or any other country's) and the 540/580 (or country equivalent adapter) is still required then the regulator priced at $300+ is a scam and serves no purpose. Hence I did not question the information that others stated regarding its design to connect directly to [US] tanks.​
So are you suggesting with 100% certainty that people are buying MDB at $300+ when they can get the same regulator at $20-25 any place else online? That doesnt make sense but if that IS the case it should be noted on SS so that people are not scammed / misinformed.

Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
So are you suggesting with 100% certainty that people are buying MDB at $300+ when they can get the same regulator at $20-25 any place else online? That doesnt make sense but if that IS the case it should be noted on SS so that people are not scammed / misinformed.
[/QUOTE]

Taken from https://nitrogenexit.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
@Stepheng7287

The below post is from a confirmed exit with a standard oxygen regulator. It seems to me that you may be overcomplicating the setup.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/post-379831

Others use scuba masks instead. There are several threads on this including information from @LetzteAusfahrt

EDIT: This site is calling MDB a "NITROGEN flow regulator" as such one would assume this can directly connect to a nitrogen tank?
(Just pointing out the wide-spread confusion regarding the MDB regulator.) The footnote says modified oxygen regulator. If it cant connect to the nitrogen tank then the logical next question is: what part is modified?

Click-style Medical Nitrogen Flow Regulator Comparisons

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
MDB regulator sounds like a huge scam. You are spending a lot for something thinking it's all you need when it's not even what it is represented to be. It's for an oxygen tank? What's the point then. It's supposedly for brewing, hence the name mad dog brewing. But you make beer with nitrogen so it's not even going to work for the what the name of the company implies.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
So I live in Ireland and bought a UK Nitrogen regulator from Max Dog Brewing since we use UK regulators here too.
Actually now that I'm re-reviewing your photos and the various websites I have to make the assumption that the MDB is CGA 580 (US nitrogen connector as mentioned in picture 1/2.)

It is also a MODIFIED oxygen regulator which means that the original printing of CGA 540 on the back would make sense.

So I am actually changing my suggestion:

You should be looking for a BS341 No. 3 to CGA580!!! That would be the adaptor for nitrogen UK tank to nitrogen US tank.

Last edited:
Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
@Stepheng7287

The below post is from a confirmed exit with a standard oxygen regulator. It seems to me that you may be overcomplicating the setup.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/post-379831

Others use scuba masks instead. There are several threads on this including information from @LetzteAusfahrt

EDIT: This site is calling MDB a "NITROGEN flow regulator" as such one would assume this can directly connect to a nitrogen tank?
(Just pointing out the wide-spread confusion regarding the MDB regulator.) The footnote says modified oxygen regulator. If it cant connect to the nitrogen tank then the logical next question is: what part is modified?

@Stepheng7287

The guy "Fister" in that post you linked me seemed to be a welder of some kind and knew what he was doing. Unfortunately I have no experience in working with regulators or flow meters and wouldn't feel comfortable messing around with them. He also CTB'd before letting us know how he did it. Said he was going to up the flow rate above 15lpm but then we're notified of his death in the next post. So did he do something else to the regulator before CTB'ing or use it as is?

I did waste my money on the MDB regulator though, I know that much.

You can connect the MDB to a Nitrogen tank no problem. (if they send you the right fuckin connection!) It's just that their regulator can't exceed 2600psi and all the Nitrogen tanks in my country are atleast 2900psi. That spells disaster.

I went ahead and bought an escmode regulator yesterday which can withstand 3000psi (because it's a legit Nitrogen regulator) but that's another €300 gone. Hopefully MDB can refund me since they sent me the wrong connection and it's impossible for me to use.

Also, I don't think the Oxygen mask is such a good idea anymore. I just read this post and it terrified me:

Over 40 minutes to CTB with the oxygen mask and all that thrashing around in your sleep? I was hoping 20-25 would be enough. I plan on going in my car but I don't know if that's an option now. I'd end up drawing attention by beeping the horn or something :)

Also, scuba masks are close to a €1,000 I believe. Not that I'm one for saving money as you can see though... :|

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and Kruger
Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
MDB regulator sounds like a huge scam. You are spending a lot for something thinking it's all you need when it's not even what it is represented to be. It's for an oxygen tank? What's the point then. It's supposedly for brewing, hence the name mad dog brewing. But you make beer with nitrogen so it's not even going to work for the what the name of the company implies.

No, it's a repurposed Oxygen regulator. You can connect it to a Nitrogen cylinder no problem. Problem is most Nitrogen cylinders (in my country atleast) have way too much pressure inside to be using with a Max Dog regulator.
Actually now that I'm re-reviewing your photos and the various websites I have to make the assumption that the MDB is CGA 580 (US nitrogen connector as mentioned in picture 1/2.)

It is also a MODIFIED oxygen regulator which means that the original printing of CGA 540 on the back would make sense.

So I am actually changing my suggestion:

You should be looking for a BS341 No. 3 to CGA580!!! That would be the adaptor for nitrogen UK tank to nitrogen US tank.

Even if I did manage to connect an adaptor safely there is still too much pressure in the Nitrogen tanks here in Ireland. 300psi more than the MDB supports. I'm not looking to create a heat-seeking missile here ;)

Last edited:
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019

Here's some screenshots of the regulator on their website (Note "CGA-580 valve" in description)

However, when the regulator arrived I noticed it said "CGA-540" on the side of it:

So, I went to the escmode website (my second choice after MDB) that sell medical Nitrogen regulators too and clicked on the UK version. It says UK regulators use a "BS341 No. 3" connection:

So then why are Max Dog selling UK regulators with CGA-540 connections when another website says they use a different connection altogether?

Clearly two different connections, right? So which one am I supposed to use!? Am I just after wasting over €300 on a useless regulator? The UK escmode one isn't even in stock anymore so I don't know what I'm supposed to do now...

I'm in a similar position. I don't understand what adapter fits what tank - and then what regulator will fit the adapter (in UK)
I contacted Max Dog and they sent me a company in the UK, but I decided to go with SN as I would have trouble explaining a cylinder being delivered and it would be impossible hiding it due to a lot of people at home.

Cheers

George
Can you please give the name of the UK company?

Last edited:
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
No, it's a repurposed Oxygen regulator. You can connect it to a Nitrogen cylinder no problem. Problem is most Nitrogen cylinders (in my country atleast) have way too much pressure inside to be using with a Max Dog regulator.

Even if I did manage to connect an adaptor safely there is still too much pressure in the Nitrogen tanks here in Ireland. 300psi more than the MDB supports. I'm not looking to create a heat-seeking missile here ;)

The site said its compatible with 20 cu ft tanks. If you cant find that size tank in UK then maybe you have no choice but to start over.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019

In the top picture you posted it says "excl UK", which implies the UK one would be different to what is stated there. It's incredibly confusing.

endergames

endergames

Aug 6, 2020

@Stepheng7287 , you're right; the risk of using a repurposed O2 regulator for N2 can't be understated. A prior thread highlights the danger well:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/page-37#post-925180

See photos posted on Oct 8th by @Greenberg .

Reactions: Stepheng7287
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
The guy "Fister" in that post you linked me seemed to be a welder of some kind and knew what he was doing. Unfortunately I have no experience in working with regulators or flow meters and wouldn't feel comfortable messing around with them. He also CTB'd before letting us know how he did it. Said he was going to up the flow rate above 15lpm but then we're notified of his death in the next post. So did he do something else to the regulator before CTB'ing or use it as is?

I did waste my money on the MDB regulator though, I know that much.

You can connect the MDB to a Nitrogen tank no problem. (if they send you the right fuckin connection!) It's just that their regulator can't exceed 2600psi and all the Nitrogen tanks in my country are atleast 2900psi. That spells disaster.

I went ahead and bought an escmode regulator yesterday which can withstand 3000psi (because it's a legit Nitrogen regulator) but that's another €300 gone. Hopefully MDB can refund me since they sent me the wrong connection and it's impossible for me to use.

Also, I don't think the Oxygen mask is such a good idea anymore. I just read this post and it terrified me:

Over 40 minutes to CTB with the oxygen mask and all that thrashing around in your sleep? I was hoping 20-25 would be enough. I plan on going in my car but I don't know if that's an option now. I'd end up drawing attention by beeping the horn or something :)

Also, scuba masks are close to a €1,000 I believe. Not that I'm one for saving money as you can see though... :|

Are they that expensive? I am trying to research the scuba mask method. So much for all the reports claining you lose unconsciousness at 3 minutes. And I'm confused - it mentions dignitas members? Supervising an N2 exit, WTF?

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'm in a similar position. I don't understand what adapter fits what tank - and then what regulator will fit the adapter (in UK)

Can you please give the name of the UK company?

Please PM each other company names so that sources are protected. Companies have been changing their selling rules due to people posting information on this site.

He stated he had experience using another gas in another capacity NOT nitrogen. That doesnt make him an expert on CTB. Nonetheless he still used that setup as recommended by Exit. While you are correct he did not come back to confirm he didnt change anything, his setup is inline with what MDB stated. O2 regulator and 20cu ft. tank. (The connector isn't material.)

Just start over with your new regular connected to the appropriate tank.

No I wouldn't use an oxygen mask, even a non-rebreather style. Its not airtight so oxygen will get in. An exit bag or a scuba mask is recommended. A supplied air respirator can also be used. SARs are the masks that contractors were using back in the days when many accidentally connected their masks to the wrong gas and unintentionally killed themselves. A SAR is much cheaper too. (I'm personally not into the bag.)
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-alternative-to-plastic-bag.16691/post-334378

My only other thoughts about regulators are that I'm concerned about airflow. The recommend flow is about 15LPM. Thats likely the reason that O2 regulators are being used/modified. If another regulator is sending out too much air then I'd imagine that would make breathing forced and uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kruger
Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Aug 29, 2020
The site said its compatible with 20 cu ft tanks. If you cant find that size tank in UK then maybe you have no choice but to start over.

I was looking at the regulator photos on the MDB site again today and I realised there's two different length connectors on each of the regulators. (One for US, one for UK) So, I'm guessing they just engrave "CGA-540" on all the regulators and then give you the right connector depending on what country you order from. But, I still can't use it cause it doesn't support enough pressure... :|

As for the whole "20cuft" thing. I asked about it on a welding forums and no one knew why they were measuring in Cubic feet as that has nothing to do with the size. When I Google '20cubic feet cylinder' nothing even shows up so I guess that's just an Australian thing or something. Who knows...

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I was looking at the regulator photos on the MDB site again today and I realised there's two different length connectors on each of the regulators. (One for US, one for UK) So, I'm guessing they just engrave "CGA-540" on all the regulators and then give you the right connector depending on what country you order from. But, I still can't use it cause it doesn't support enough pressure... :|

Hes modifying the regulators so Im guessing he's making wholesale orders for the standard O2 regulator which is CGA540 in the US; then performing the appropriate modification on them to make them nitrogen equivalent for the respective country.

As for the whole "20cuft" thing. I asked about it on a welding forums and no one knew why they were measuring in Cubic feet as that has nothing to do with the size. When I Google '20cubic feet cylinder' nothing even shows up so I guess that's just an Australian thing or something. Who knows...

many US tanks come in 20, 40, etc. One of the US suppliers you posted had those as standardized sizes. I have one from them.

I also wanted to point out that @fister stated he used the same oxygen regulator on proprane gas, and acetylene. Nevermind he clarified that in a subsequent post.

He did state he uses a carbon dioxide regulator for inert gas. It seems as if these regulators have some flexibility in usage. Its just unclear how much.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/post-355683

Last edited:
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020

I am wondering if an industrial flow meter would work just as well? In germany they're usually sold on the same site as the gas tanks or at welding shops. They need to be made for nitrogen.They're sold at around 100-200 Euros. Anything wrong or inaccurate with them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201023-024506_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201023-024506_Firefox.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I am wondering if an industrial flow meter would work just as well? In germany they're usually sold on the same site as the gas tanks or welding shops. They need to be made for nitrogen.They're for around 100-200 Euros. Anything wrong or inaccurate with them?
Most industrial regulators are for argon and/or helium. Just remember to do the flowrate conversion. (See the conversion calculations on my blog.) With an industrial regulator, you can only set the flowrate after the gas has been turned on. For 200 Euro, you can almost get a click-style regulator!

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Most industrial regulators are for argon and/or helium. Just remember to do the flowrate conversion. (See the conversion calculations on my blog.) With an industrial regulator, you can only set the flowrate after the gas has been turned on. For 200 Euro, you can almost get a click-style regulator!

Yeah thanks, that's good to know! Hard to find a medical one for nitrogen. There's one industrial from a welding shop saying to be for nitrogen around 120 Euro. But not sure if to look out for the diving mask method or stick to the classical exit bag.

• Love
Reactions: Kruger and Greenberg