• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine

Jul 1, 2020
hi guys! i'm looking for some help. i went to the doctors today to try to get a prescription for metopramide and it completely failed. i got home and looked in my dogs meds and found an antiemetic named cerenia (maropitant citrate). it's used to treat vomiting in dogs. i searched on google to see if it could be used for human use and they advised not to. i was wondering if anyone happens to know if it'd still be safe to use? and if so what dose to take? any info helps. thank you in advance! :)

Reactions: Kat!
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
i found "LEISGUARD" in the EU, it is for dogs.
Der Wirkstoff darin ist Domperidon

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
mirko

mirko

ah
Nov 19, 2020
I'm planning to get a prescription for meto's. Can you tell me how do you failed to get it? What did the doctor said?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Maropitant, used as maropitant citrate, is a neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist which was developed by Zoetis specifically for the treatment of motion sickness and vomiting in dogs.

Wikipedia

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
My advice, "doctor shop" for one that will prescribe it. Save the dog meds for last case scenario, just sayin..

flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
cerenia is a medication that has been developed specifically for animals, meaning there's no known human dose. I wouldn't advise it at all.

rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine

Jul 1, 2020
I'm planning to get a prescription for meto's. Can you tell me how do you failed to get it? What did the doctor said?
essentially i'm just a really bad liar. i told her i have been puking in the mornings most days and that was pretty much all i said. when she asked me questions about it i panicked because i'm bad at making things up on the spot, i think it showed. she basically told me i'd need a camera down my throat to figure out what was making me puke, which is insane. it was my first time seeing her and she might have known what was up. i think if you're a better liar and come prepared you might have better luck. i think i kind of doomed it from the start

Konjac

Konjac

Experienced
Oct 25, 2020
essentially i'm just a really bad liar. i told her i have been puking in the mornings most days and that was pretty much all i said. when she asked me questions about it i panicked because i'm bad at making things up on the spot, i think it showed. she basically told me i'd need a camera down my throat to figure out what was making me puke, which is insane. it was my first time seeing her and she might have known what was up. i think if you're a better liar and come prepared you might have better luck. i think i kind of doomed it from the start
I have the same problem, but online pharmacies are honestly so easy to scam. Usually they just have you tick a couple boxes, write down your symptoms, have one of their doctors check it over real quick and then if your story checks out, they'll give you a prescription.

I'd treat the dog antiemetics as an absolute last resort- dog physiology is a lot different than human physiology, so it's likely that it wouldn't work as intended on humans. It's not been tested so it's impossible to know for sure tbh but it's not worth the risk when there's still options to try out.

Reactions: rayofsunshine