E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I would guess that no one has told their therapist about this site but I wonder if therapists and psychs lurk here. While high, I've admitted to my therapist some things I never meant to say but would never mention this site, even though it is giving me more support than he is...

Those of you who are in therapy, what do you talk about to avoid the fact that you're actively planning/researching your CTB method?

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't have one. I cannot see past what they really are, a paid listener who tries to brainwash you into being okay with your misfortunes.
I have had them in the past and they have pushed me to the edge like no other.
Talk therapy has proved to be harmful to me. That's if I even decided to speak, as you really cannot be honest with them if you want privacy or the perk of staying out of the psych ward. And the only medication I would be willing to take again is something for anxiety and sleep. But it would only be for some peace until I CTB.

I hope no one tells their therapist or psych doc that they are on this site, they risk further efforts to get it shut down. I suppose someone could be vague but still. It will end up biting them in the ass in one way or another.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, Deleted member 4288, StillWaiting and 3 others
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
It will bite us all in the ass, but I'm sure they are too absorbed in self-care to go looking for anything like this anyway. I still see mine because it calms my impulsivity down to be able to be face to face with someone who knows your struggles (even if I don't say much), but I consider it « palliative care » till i CTB.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, Egddios, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
No. I don't feel a need to tell them. Then again, I wouldn't say I'm actively suicidal during this period. My suicidal ideation has regressed to more passive thoughts as of late, but even at that I still feel it is necessary to stay here and research/plan just in case things go to shit again and all other options have truly been exhausted. But anyway, my therapist and I just use our sessions to examine how and why I became suicidal in the first place and possible ways to cope with social anxiety. I can't imagine that anything good would result in telling them about this site, so I never will.

Reactions: Egddios and Wolfjob_dayjob
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I don't have a therapist but I wouldn't say anything, I'm not on here because I want to die and having been on here less than a week but urge to ctb as gone. I'm not saying saying I'm in a great place but at the mo I'm sleeping, eating and going to work.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and Wolfjob_dayjob
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It will bite us all in the ass, but I'm sure they are too absorbed in self-care to go looking for anything like this anyway. I still see mine because it calms my impulsivity down to be able to be face to face with someone who knows your struggles (even if I don't say much), but I consider it « palliative care » till i CTB.
You may be right, but we can not be sure so better safe than sorry.
I never found one who understood or cared about my struggles and it wasn't enough for them to hear and know them. I've also researched their methods and am too aware of the techniques they use to be able to immerse in it. But that is good if it bring you some peace of mind in the meantime, or if anyone else finds it helpful. Definitely not for everyone.

Reactions: eve2004
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
¡Sí!

She suggested I join a "resiliency" forum as well.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I told my former psychiatrist that I was on a pro-choice website, but did not give the name of this place.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Wow. Ok... well this is good, he's never really checked out a pro-choice forum.
He did ask me if I researched any methods and I lied and told him no

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
He did ask me if I researched any methods and I lied and told him no
I'd never admit to a plan nor having anything at home that could kill me. The whole system is set up so you have no choice to lie because you can't just talk about it and expect to go home and on with your day/week/life as usual.

Reactions: Dawn0071111, woxihuanni, Erin Inari and 3 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I'd never admit to a plan nor having anything at home that could kill me. The whole system is set up so you have no choice to lie because you can't just talk about it and expect to go home and on with your day/week/life as usual.
Yeah unfortunately...

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well i did have a psychiatrist until I hit him ops LOL i was telling him how much i bottle my anger up to the point that it was like having sum one else in my head. So he said he like to talk to this other person so he try to get me angry so he pop up but did not work i ended up smacking him one . Try telling him it won't work but did not listen so he ended up missing a few teeth black eye o and a crack rib to . Well after that i never went back LOL

Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
Not seeing a therapist, I don't think I'd tell them if I did.
But my boyfriend knows, he asked one time when he saw I was reading, he assumed it was a kink site because of the dark background I'm using, and I told him what it was.
I explained it to him, and he actually surprisingly understood my reasoning for being there, he's happy that I have a sanctuary where I can express myself freely without judgement, he has seen how it has affected me positively, I smile more.

Reactions: woxihuanni
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
God no, why on earth would anyone tell them that??

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I haven't told her about this site but I've discussed my ideas and plans around how I might CTB. She seems trustworthy to hear those things.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Well i did have a psychiatrist until I hit him ops LOL i was telling him how much i bottle my anger up to the point that it was like having sum one else in my head. So he said he like to talk to this other person so he try to get me angry so he pop up but did not work i ended up smacking him one . Try telling him it won't work but did not listen so he ended up missing a few teeth black eye o and a crack rib to . Well after that i never went back LOL
Did he press any charges against you?

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Not seeing a therapist, I don't think I'd tell them if I did.
But my boyfriend knows, he asked one time when he saw I was reading, he assumed it was a kink site because of the dark background I'm using, and I told him what it was.
I explained it to him, and he actually surprisingly understood my reasoning for being there, he's happy that I have a sanctuary where I can express myself freely without judgement, he has seen how it has affected me positively, I smile more.
Did he press any charges against you?
No he did not as luck had it he new he was out of his depth. All so when they try these things they had to be two of them and back up from two or more big burly guys . But he try to be clever and try it on his own i think they did not renew his contract when it ended a few months later.

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I haven't told her about this site but I've discussed my ideas and plans around how I might CTB. She seems trustworthy to hear those things.
Really?!? That's rare...I bet she's documenting your words practically verbatim...

Reactions: woxihuanni and Wolfjob_dayjob
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
probably true.
Have you been seeing her long? Is she older and experienced? How do you think she "knows"/trusts that you won't just go ahead and do it? Is it because you're willing to talk about it?

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Have you been seeing her long? Is she older and experienced? How do you think she "knows"/trusts that you won't just go ahead and do it? Is it because you're willing to talk about it?
She's young and I haven't seen her for long. I guess she just trusts that I'm not on the verge of suicide.

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
No way in Hell would I tell her I'm on here. She would have me committed for sure, and I'm done with involuntary hospitalization

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and woxihuanni
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
As usual, seems I"m the outlier even among minorities.

I haven't told my therapist of this site specifically but I have informed her that I do visit sites like this. It's not some deep secret either: a quick google/duckduckgo search brings this site up within the first couple of results. Google is trying CYA so this site is mentioned indirectly in the first couple of results when you search "pro suicide site" but duckduckgo has it in the top of the 2nd page. Again: no secret at all.

She's...different than the legions of feckless PhDs I have talked to. She didn't probe too much and only asked if I had an immediate plan (you know: as all of them are obligated to ask) and I lied "No". She's quite aware communities such as this exist.

From what I can ascertain, while see really cares about her patients, she is respectful enough that if she gauges her patient has crossed the despair event horizon (ie virtually no hope of convincing you to not ctb), she won't waste time convince otherwise trying to be "good" Samaritan/doesn't have a savior complex.
This is of course if such a death wish is "lucidly" arrived at: I have calmly talked about suicide and my wish to not be in detail across many sessions that it's clear, while I might be "wrong", I do not neatly fit the "irrational" criterion in order to involuntarily commit me to a cell or to forcibly keep me there until I "agree" to live and never ctb.

I'm sure so pro-life, insufferable piece of garbage nutbag doctor could tweak the definition of "irrational" if s/he/they really wanted to but I'm mostly clear as long as I stick with my script and staying lowkey.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
They know I'm pro-choice, but not about this place.

blankSlate

blankSlate

Sep 17, 2019
I've never told them I'm reading sites like these, don't see anything good coming out of that. Mostly because I don't really feel like my therapist is helping me at all. I am discussing the pro-choice thing however and that hits a lot of walls already