• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Saying it as a mantra helps me stress less about ctb. This life never mattered. It was always just a dream

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: xi0ni, reclaimedbynature, divinemistress36 and 9 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally no- I don't see life as an illusion or dream. I'm not really sold on that particular conspiracy. However- I do think we're tiny flecks of dust. Our lives for most of us are pretty inconsequencial. That's not to say we don't have rights that need to be protected/ respected. But, even people who make a huge impact on this world- for better or worse can be struck down suddenly before their prime. It's the nature of being mortal- we're transient. So- personally speaking- beyond a tiny circle of people who knew me, the fabric of the universe will remain the same- whether I'm part of it or not.

It's easier for me though- I've had those thoughts from childhood. Lots of family deaths early on made me aware of just how vulnerable and expendable we are. I get the impression you're struggling a lot more with- I don't know- notions of intrinsic worth or missed potential if you leave now?

Reactions: sserafim and MeltingBrain
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I view existence as being a nightmare which ends in death, the existence of life was such a cruel, horrific mistake and it's truly something so dreadful having the ability to exist here so of course the only relief lies in death. I do find it comforting how this meaningless existence is impermanent and will eventually be forgotten about, I very strongly believe that we just cease existing after this, the existence of life was a tragedy disturbing the ideal state of non-existence that we are destined to return to.

Reactions: newave3
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Personally no- I don't see life as an illusion or dream. I'm not really sold on that particular conspiracy. However- I do think we're tiny flecks of dust. Our lives for most of us are pretty inconsequencial. That's not to say we don't have rights that need to be protected/ respected. But, even people who make a huge impact on this world- for better or worse can be struck down suddenly before their prime. It's the nature of being mortal- we're transient. So- personally speaking- beyond a tiny circle of people who knew me, the fabric of the universe will remain the same- whether I'm part of it or not.

It's easier for me though- I've had those thoughts from childhood. Lots of family deaths early on made me aware of just how vulnerable and expendable we are. I get the impression you're struggling a lot more with- I don't know- notions of intrinsic worth or missed potential if you leave now?
Our lives are the equivalent of a dream. I wasn't being literal

Reactions: Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never intended to dream my life or to experience my life as a dream. I wanted to LIVE my dream and that obviously failed. From this point of view seeing life as a dream doesn't help me at all.

woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
I agree that life doesn't matter, we don't matter, and we will all be forgotten eventually. However, I don't view life as just a dream. It insinuates that you'd wake up to another (horrible) life again. I want it to end when it ends.

Reactions: newave3
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I agree that life doesn't matter, we don't matter, and we will all be forgotten eventually. However, I don't view life as just a dream. It insinuates that you'd wake up to another (horrible) life again. I want it to end when it ends.
I want another life. I couldve had a good one if things were just a little different

• Hugs
Reactions: woh6
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Saying it as a mantra helps me stress less about ctb. This life never mattered. It was always just a dream
Interesting framework but life is not a dream, it's all real so viewing it as such is denying the obvious and hence cannot be viewed as such .

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Interesting framework but life is not a dream, it's all real so viewing it as such is denying the obvious and hence cannot be viewed as such .
Well, I "suffer" from derealization. it's always felt very much like a dream to me, which is probably why I've been able to endure so much. Feel free to view life as "all so real." You're just hurting yourself. Ctb is harder for people with your framework.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I view life not exactly as a dream but rather as a simulation. Life can be likened to a video game, we're all playing a game of survival and competition. We were all brought into this game of life against our will...

Reactions: divinemistress36