• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

bl@ckc@t

May 28, 2024
I've been thinking about this recently as I made a series of suicide attempts as a teenager, of which probably one (the first) was serious and the others were more cries for help. My method at the time was an OD of paracetamol and I remember it was really physically hard to swallow down the tablets, I guess that was survival instinct kicking in. The next time I tried, it wasn't as hard. But I've only attempted suicide with that method.

Twenty odd years down the road, I'm giving serious consideration to suicide again. I mess everything up and let everyone down. I've got myself into a series of negative cycles doing things I'm ashamed of and it's all going to come crashing down again soon and I don't think I'll make it out this time. I don't see the point in trying to make it out when I know I'll just get back into the same cycles all over again. I feel like those who love me will actually have an easier life when I'm gone as I'll never be able to let them down again.

I'm now wondering if I'm going to find it easier to overcome the survival instinct this time using another method (I'm thinking jumping as I can't order drugs or any kind of equipment without people finding out and I don't have the money anyway) or if it will kick in full pelt?

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches and restinpeace2
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Never done profound research, but from what I heard, people get used to it as they attempt. Reduced SI is well shown by people who cut themselves. They don't hesitate before cutting once they are used to it. My assumption is it would be same for ctb.

But yeah, I hope you can reach your peace succesfully.

Reactions: Heartaches, maneose, ladylazarus4 and 1 other person
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
My assumption would actually be the opposite, that the more you attempt, the stronger SI gets, as your body becomes increasingly sensitive, ie. better at recognizing and avoiding, threats to its life. Kind of like how after getting food poisoning, most people then become completely averse to even the smell of that food. Choosing an entirely different method might make this point moot though.

Reactions: ladylazarus4
Begotten

Begotten

May 8, 2024
There's no way back on jumping, knowing that the SI will be a lot more stronger than when you tried to od with meds, I don't think any of past experiences like that will influence on jumping.

Hope you find what you want friend.

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Alexei_Kirillov
C

CosmicPaperCut

May 21, 2024
i think physically, as in ur nervous system, gets more sensitive as it sort of sees attempts as a traumatic experience. in my experience ive fainted before an attempt due to my nervous system going in overdrive
but psychologically, if u can overcome the physical side of things, i think it gets easier because you get desensitized to causing yourself harm.
just my experience

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and restinpeace2
restinpeace2

restinpeace2

May 28, 2024
i think physically, as in ur nervous system, gets more sensitive as it sort of sees attempts as a traumatic experience. in my experience ive fainted before an attempt due to my nervous system going in overdrive
but psychologically, if u can overcome the physical side of things, i think it gets easier because you get desensitized to causing yourself harm.
just my experience
With me, I want to go through with it, but its just the fear

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I do not believe that the survival instinct can be repressed, it is innate in our reptilian brain (so to speak) the only way to eliminate it slightly must be with some medication, that is my opinion and experience. Stay on the edge of reasoning and unconsciousness and take the leap.

What stops us the most is the fear of the unknown, normally, the pain that we may suffer in our attempt, and it is normal, even the child who has only scraped his knee fears any type of pain, even if he has not known it, getting burned , a broken bone... as I say, innate.

The only thing left for me is to do it and not think about the consequences, looking for possible scenarios and excuses is what makes our brain scream for SI, you have to train yourself a lot mentally to avoid thinking, simply act.

Reactions: restinpeace2 and Alexei_Kirillov