DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I was watching a Youtube video about an investigation with heavily implied child abuse that hasn't gone much of anywhere. It makes me think of how many children are abused behind closed doors. How parents put up a good front in public and are careful to act nice in front of others, are sure to not give their children visible scars, etc. And then the doors close the abuse happens. Physical, verbal, etc. I remember the horrible abuse my mom out me through. I look at how the amount times I spoke up to the people who were supposed to help me, and instead they reminded me that I must forgive my mom. It felt as if it was my fault for speaking up

There are so many stories of children being failed by society where the adults ae supposed to help them. A case that broke me was of a 16 year old who reportedly told CPS of her parents abuse, and they did nothing. She was eventually killed by them. How does things ever get to this point?

Everyone talks about how children are innocent and that we need to protect them, but why isn't enough being done? It just really disgusts me. Children are innocent, and we should be dong more. If I was taken more seriously as a kid maybe I wouldn't be so messed up today...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: !WILL!, Zappfe lover, Marchioness and 14 others
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
One thing I would like to see is putting mental health professionals in schools here in the US. For awhile I was working with middle school grade boys who were labeled with emotional behavioral disorders. Most had been in an intensive program before being put back into the public school system where there was no extra help for the transition. And yes, too often children may show signs of abuse but someone might not want to get involved or the parent is convincing enough - nothing to see here! Emotional abuse is especially difficult to detect. And too many do fall through the cracks.

The saddest abuse case I know of was a baby girl in New Mexico. She was only months old when she died. The investigators found no picture of her in the home. They took a picture of her after death, erased her bruises and she looks like she is sleeping. The prosecutor has it on their wall so they will never forget who it is they are trying to save.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: one.way.out, all_pointless, ithappens and 4 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
One thing I would like to see is putting mental health professionals in schools here in the US. For awhile I was working with middle school grade boys who were labeled with emotional behavioral disorders. Most had been in an intensive program before being put back into the public school system where there was no extra help for the transition. And yes, too often children may show signs of abuse but someone might not want to get involved or the parent is convincing enough - nothing to see here! Emotional abuse is especially difficult to detect. And too many do fall through the cracks.
That's so true and way too common these days :'(:'(

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
B

Borabora

May 6, 2020
It is so sad. I was curious of the youngest documented child ctbs and found: Children Ctb. Youngest one was 6: Youngest person to ctb. I have read children ctb by jumping, 1 used chainsaw (yikes), but most seem to use hanging (yet from reading, adults have lots of trouble with this method).

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: FriendofDeath and DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020

The saddest abuse case I know of was a baby girl in New Mexico. She was only months old when she died. The investigators found no picture of her in the home. They took a picture of her after death, erased her bruises and she looks like she is sleeping. The prosecutor has it on their wall so they will never forget who it is they are trying to save.
I don't get how much hatred on can have to abuse a baby. And yes that is a very good point. My mom for instance was very good at changing her behavior. She would make everything seem fine and dandy. One day she beat me with a bat and practically dragged me from escaping the house. Even told me to not call the Copland she wants to stay until she got back home. The next day she hung out with some friends like nothing happened

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, FriendofDeath, Torbasco and 1 other person
Torbasco

Torbasco

Jun 10, 2020
It really matters more about the individuals, some are much more caring than others. But I feel as time goes on, people care less about the wellbeing of the children they're in charge of, and more about themselves and simply influencing the children with their opinions or using them as a personal outlet. My upbringing was just so horrible it's hard to believe anyone really cares anymore.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, FriendofDeath, ithappens and 1 other person
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
There are individuals who care about children but to answer your question I think generally no. It's just been so evident for me growing up that society does not care about children. It's more talk than actions. To be honest, society doesn't care about adults either. They are just left to fend for themselves and find a way to survive, unfortunately.

• Aww..
Reactions: one.way.out, TakeYourHappyPills, Marchioness and 4 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I think society mostly doesn't. People have kids for selfish reasons mostly (metaphorical "make me proud" and "glass of water"), the transition from ancient tribes to modern nuclear family has been gradually increasing parents' power over kids while reducing supervision, child trafficking rings still existing and active, schools being oppressive institutions designed for working parents to have somewhere to put kids away, the default assumption is that anybody can be a good parent and very little is done for preventing bad parents from being bad until they are caught.

So far it seems that society is mostly concerned about a child in the 9 months between conception and the birth, and then it's up to whether the parents can muster some fucks to give and sub-communities to care about each other whatever that means.

• Love
Reactions: one.way.out, Lost Magic, Marchioness and 4 others
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I d
I think society mostly doesn't. People have kids for selfish reasons mostly (metaphorical "make me proud" and "glass of water"), the transition from ancient tribes to modern nuclear family has been gradually increasing parents' power over kids while reducing supervision, child trafficking rings still existing and active, schools being oppressive institutions designed for working parents to have somewhere to put kids away, the default assumption is that anybody can be a good parent and very little is done for preventing bad parents from being bad until they are caught.

So far it seems that society is mostly concerned about a child in the 9 months between conception and the birth, and then it's up to whether the parents can muster some fucks to give and sub-communities to care about each other whatever that means.

I sadly agree. Its disgusting. Itsso funny how, we always say "kids are innocent" but then nothing is done. That being said, there are cases where children are protected and saved from abusive homes. But I feel the majority of kids are often being neglected. I don't think its not that people want to inherently hurt kids but, they don't know what to do. They don't know how to go about having the conversation and preventing the abuse. I am not giving people a pass but, many times an abusive parent can easily make it seem like everything is ok when at home there is terror.

Reactions: one.way.out, Bct, FriendofDeath and 1 other person
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I think the best treatment for a kid would be to not have one, but a second best would be e.g. requiring a license for having children at all which would involve extensive education and testing, like driving license.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I think the best treatment for a kid would be to not have one, but a second best would be e.g. requiring a license for having children at all which would involve extensive education and testing, like driving license.
That I agree with. So many people havechilwren for, as you mentioned, selfish reasons. There needs to be education and a way to weed out parents who eventually abuse their children. Like my m0om absurd me nearly to suicide and I might end up CTBing one day

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I'm also concerned about less overt abuse; situations where the parents are incompetent or damaged enough themselves that they can't raise a child properly, but since there's no qualification needed to bring a life into the world, the kids suffer. I have a nephew, but my sister got pregnant way too early and knew the father wasn't going to stick around before she even gave birth. She does neglectful things like buying him a tablet at 2 and putting him on it all day, buying him junk and processed food like she has for herself, shouts at him whenever he irritates her even though his bad behaviour is caused by her inability to teach him or her own doing (she likes to apply fake tan and then expects her child to not touch his mother at all), and dumps him on our parents most of the time who are pretty much as bad as her. Spoil your children, raise your grandchildren, I suppose. And he has to witness her screaming episodes whenever she does something as mundane as lose something (which happens often), and he even tries to comfort her which is so upsetting when you remember that she's supposed to be comforting him. I just feel so powerless because social services are useless since she just puts on a pretty face, not to mention that they don't seem to have an idea of what a parent should be like and don't do anything unless it's something overtly wrong like physical beatings. The sad thing is that he's going to grow up to have such terrible behaviour and society's going to tell him it's his fault, to take responsibility, etc, and he's not going to have a sob story to point to because he was ruined in a way society deems acceptable. I wish I could play with him more often but I get so tired of spending hours with him, I don't have the energy to replace his mother.

• Aww..
Reactions: not4us, TotallyIsolated, Iwanttooffmyself and 2 others
L

laertes_voula

Jun 30, 2020
In my experience, people care more about having children and keeping them alive rather than caring about what quality of life they have, and if they have access to the things that can increase the chances of creating happy & productive adults. I once worked in a community known to have one of the highest fetal alcohol syndrome rates in the world (complex issue linked to wine farms, colonialism and Apartheid). People with access to decent enough basic education, somewhat cheap healthcare, free family planning services ...often would end up with multiple children predisposed to being caught up in the same toxic cycle. Driving around my city, there are homeless people kids around the main hubs of activity, not going to school, breaks my heart to see these innocent kids just slip through the cracks, failed by their parents, government, society.

Reactions: one.way.out, Iwanttooffmyself, Bct and 1 other person
red_pen

red_pen

yob: 1999
Jul 2, 2020
depends on the person i think.
i really don't doubt that there are lots of adults out there that could give a child everything they need to grow up not fucked, but for every one of them there are like...ten more than have absolutely no business around a kid, ever, let alone rearing one.
there really needs to be a test or something people take before having kids. like imo. a course or whatever

Reactions: one.way.out
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Overal, no, they dont care of anyone really.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Society only cares about children when it can use them to push some kind of agenda. Like when a politician says: "Think of the children!" to get votes, or when an anti-abortionist says: "All lives are precious!" and then once the child is born they couldn't care less; in fact they will rail against any policies that help children - like social welfare.

Reactions: one.way.out, Marchioness and DeathIsTheWayOut99
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
In theory yes, but in practice people end up busy with their own lives and can't find the time for much else

Reactions: one.way.out and DeathIsTheWayOut99
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
I care about children, and there are many people like me in society.

S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
I am one of those you describe. Parents married, seemingly very happy on the outside. At home.. my mother was a alcoholic who emotionally abused me for years. I have blocks of my childhood I don't remember and my therapist said that's a sign the abuse got really bad my brains blocked it . She was a kind lady, sometimes seemingly a bit vacant. But when she had a drink my god it was nasty :( nobody knew I was being treated like this.

• Aww..
Reactions: less than and TotallyIsolated
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
So many peoples problems (including many of my own) are caused by child abuse and then these children grow into adults who abuse their kids. The saddest thing is there is really no help for these kids, unless your lucky enough to have family who can step in. Not only does CPS rarely help kids children in there services often suffer worse abuse. CPS has a reputation for trafficking. It makes me sick!

Reactions: TotallyIsolated
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
To be honest, humans in general don't really care about other humans.
You hear and read it everyday that "kids are our future" and when something horrible happens to a child other parents come up with crap like "as a parent myself reading this hurts me a lot" but what do we as humans ever do to personally help a child in need?
In the case of little Gabriel Fernandez so many adults and people knew about the abuse he endured and noone did anything. But now, when it's already too late and he's dead, I read crap on YouTube comments such as "I would have taken him/I would have adopted him/If they had given him to me I would have raised him as my own". But noone stepped up when he actually was alive.

People like to pretend to care for other people, especially children, because it looks good but in reality noone really cares.

• Aww..
Reactions: one.way.out, Marchioness and FriendofDeath
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
They do really care for fetus though. :nomouth:

Reactions: strawberryfield and Zappfe lover
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Had an interview once for a position at the D.A.'s office in the juvenile department. They asked if I could handle seeing videos/photos of child abuse to help handle the cases. Couldn't do it, most of the cases are from people (family) abusing their own kids or foster homes.

Reactions: one.way.out
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Children = futur workforce for state and society.

Reactions: one.way.out and puppy9