bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
hi!!!
so basically i have a friend willing to ship me SN (they are in poland) although im just worried if they will get into any legal trouble and stuff???
i mean i know that sources who sell SN can get taken down for like assisting in suicide…

but my friend does not know what i need the SN for, i told them for like curing meat for a project etc etc. would they still get in any trouble if they ship me the sn? even if they didnt know what it was for?

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez and Shinobu
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That is a difficult question. Imo only a laywer can give an answer here.

Anyway - not an advice - but how could ever be proven from where you got it if the parcel has been delivered some time ago and there're no traces of chats, parcel sticker, no payments on accounts and so on.

However - aside from law and legal stuff - if your friend will hear about you dying from SN .... he might be devastated. Think about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bussy
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
No one can get in trouble for posting it as the substance itself isn't illegal but they'll probably feel guilty for sending you it if they find out you ctb with it.

You can probably avoid all the drama if you find a seller that'll ship direct to you, I've seen at least 3 since being on the forums and one was in Poland called OxxxxxxT.

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez, Praestat_Mori and bussy
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm not a lawyer but imo seller companies have all the necessary things to deal with such cases, they make sure they are within the legal permission for what they sell. But I doubt an individual could easily get away with personally sending you such a toxic substance. It might be more complicated, especially if there would be trace of evidence. Better look for a company that can ship it directly to you.

Reactions: davidtorez, Praestat_Mori and bussy
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I'm pretty sure that if you know a person wants to use SN for CTB and you send them it, it could be be seen as assisting someones suicide which is illegal.

I'd not risk it.

Reactions: davidtorez, Mothman. and bussy
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I wouldn't deceive your friend like that.

Reactions: Rosebud0924, nyahaha01, davidtorez and 2 others
bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
huuuuuh,,,,,, this is a lot more complicated than i thought, guess im back looking for sources that ship directly to the UK T_T

Reactions: davidtorez
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
That's a great question!

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
stupid question, but does it make it any better if i find/convince a stranger from poland to ship me it?

W

wyo777

When life is a nightmare...
May 18, 2024
I'm not a lawyer but imo seller companies have all the necessary things to deal with such cases, they make sure they are within the legal permission for what they sell. But I doubt an individual could easily get away with personally sending you such a toxic substance. It might be more complicated, especially if there would be trace of evidence. Better look for a company that can ship it directly to you.
Nope, SN it is not an illegal substance in Poland as well as in other EU countries, including UK. As it is legal You can send it, same as companies was sending it. It does not need any special paperwork as some other type of chemicals( this is about hazard in transporting). SN is not one of them. The only thing is morality. Polish companies are not sending it anymore due to be aware of possibility of use. Legally they can do that, but it is not worth it. There is basicly no money on selling SN from legal source. Now my concern is that because of that quickly black market will be created. If something is illegal or hard to get it is always creating black market.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Nope, SN it is not an illegal substance in Poland as well as in other EU countries, including UK. As it is legal You can send it, same as companies was sending it. It does not need any special paperwork as some other type of chemicals( this is about hazard in transporting). SN is not one of them. The only thing is morality. Polish companies are not sending it anymore due to be aware of possibility of use. Legally they can do that, but it is not worth it. There is basicly no money on selling SN from legal source. Now my concern is that because of that quickly black market will be created. If something is illegal or hard to get it is always creating black market.
Depending on where you live and what type of mailing service you use, there are rules and regulations and procedures to follow in sending toxic chemicals and other hazardous substances that can harm people, other living organisms, property, or the environment if improperly shipped, stored, or handled. One of which is oxidizers/organic peroxides, these are chemicals that readily yield oxygen in reactions, thereby causing or enhancing combustion. This includes nitrites and nitrates. If you are able to pass this procedure and complete the shipment as an individual taking all the responsibility, your personal information along with the declaration that you being aware of the nature of the substance will be stored and can be used against you if the person is found to have taken their life with it. You would have no business sending a 99% sodium nitrite to a personal address. But companies do and they take a number of precautions so this doesn't harm their business. Most companies stopped sending it to personal address not only for morality aspects of it but to also save their behind from legal aspects of it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
W

wyo777

May 18, 2024
Depending on where you live and what type of mailing service you use, there are rules and regulations and procedures to follow in sending toxic chemicals and other hazardous substances that can harm people, other living organisms, property, or the environment if improperly shipped, stored, or handled. One of which is oxidizers/organic peroxides, these are chemicals that readily yield oxygen in reactions, thereby causing or enhancing combustion. This includes nitrites and nitrates. If you are able to pass this procedure and complete the shipment as an individual taking all the responsibility, your personal information along with the declaration that you being aware of the nature of the substance will be stored and can be used against you if the person is found to have taken their life with it. You would have no business sending a 99% sodium nitrite to a personal address. But companies do and they take a number of precautions so this doesn't harm their business. Most companies stopped sending it to personal address not only for morality aspects of it but to also save their behind from legal aspects of it.
With my SN package i have not received any letter with hazardous goods and there was no info about it in mail. The cost of delivery was standard, when hazard materials got much higher prices. In my opinion it is not consider as hazard material in trasportation acts. SN is being used in meat processing as also in mechanic shops. There is around 3 milion polish people in UK. The ammount of parcels both sides are extremely huge. Many people over here are making their own mrat products for their own use. If a family member or friend can legally buy this product in homecountry and is also legal in UK, then i do not see any problems why it can't be sent.
BTW one of the biggest seller in PL again opened delivery to UK and other EU countries just today.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
With my SN package i have not received any letter with hazardous goods and there was no info about it in mail. The cost of delivery was standard, when hazard materials got much higher prices. In my opinion it is not consider as hazard material in trasportation acts. SN is being used in meat processing as also in mechanic shops. There is around 3 milion polish people in UK. The ammount of parcels both sides are extremely huge. Many people over here are making their own mrat products for their own use. If a family member or friend can legally buy this product in homecountry and is also legal in UK, then i do not see any problems why it can't be sent.
BTW one of the biggest seller in PL again opened delivery to UK and other EU countries just today.
I didn't say you would recieve a letter, I didn't say it is necessarily costly for shipping, which imo would be of higher rate than non hazardous materials but i didn't say that as i don't have a sure fact regarding all areas, I didn't say every company has stopped sending it. Please refer to the op's original question along with other replys then refer back to my previous reply.
It is a toxic hazardous substance that requires care in handling it. Companies make sure to indicate that on the packing bottle plus on their website. There is a designated salt intended for meat curing that is less than 10% SN. We are talking about a 99% SN which is more toxic and hazardous.

W

wyo777

May 18, 2024
I didn't say you would recieve a letter, I didn't say it is necessarily costly for shipping, which imo would be of higher rate than non hazardous materials but i didn't say that as i don't have a sure fact regarding all areas, I didn't say every company has stopped sending it. Please refer to the op's original question along with other replys then refer back to my previous reply.
It is a toxic hazardous substance that requires care in handling it. Companies make sure to indicate that on the packing bottle plus on their website. There is a designated salt intended for meat curing that is less than 10% SN. We are talking about a 99% SN which is more toxic and hazardous.
Well, regarding to OP i still do not think that sending SN by private person is illegal. As long as their is no money involved in it ( black market ). I live in UK long enough and even used to work at place where customs was part of it. In my personal opinion it is not illegal and as long as their no mental history their is no need to be concern about welfare checks. According to Your post i think all hazardous materials must be marked on the package outside. The SN is not one of them, at least my parcel did not have any hazard labels. I can be wrong, not gonna argue, but in my opinion delivery is not an issue. Of course if person will commit suicide by drinking SN, then the investigation will be done. But i strongly doubt that a sender will be consider as a part of this duicide or as a guilty. If it would hapen more times then yes, the sender will be in eyes of law a person who is responsible for death. That is just my opinion as a person who works 20 years in international airfreight, seafreight.

D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
stupid question, but does it make it any better if i find/convince a stranger from poland to ship me it?

I think so. One, how would the stranger ever even hear about your death, as opposed to a friend who would. Two, even if the stranger figures it out he won't be nearly as hurt by knowing he unwittingly aided someone in dying as a friend would be.

But morals and scruples are different for different people.

Reactions: bussy
W

wyo777

May 18, 2024
Actually i found a proof that SN is not considered as hazardous material in transportation and storaging in PL.
Here is part of inpost parcel lockers regulations, i already translated it:

However, please note that there are certain items that cannot be sent using InPost parcel lockers.
Należy jednak pamiętać, że niektórych przesyłek nie można wysłać za pomocą paczkomatów InPost.
These are among others:

Flammable materials,
Hazardous substances, such as chemicals, radioactive materials or toxic substances,
Food that is easily perishable or requires special storage conditions,
High-value items such as valuables, jewelry or documents of legal importance.

However all polish legal companies offers delivery to inpost parcel lockers. Do You think they braking the law? In my opinion: No, because as long it is closed and sealed in trasportation and storaging regulations it is not hazardous material. All hazardous materials must be labeled outside on the parcel with a special invidual markings.
Below is link for inpost parcel regulations:

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Actually i found a proof that SN is not considered as hazardous material in transportation and storaging in PL.
Here is part of inpost parcel lockers regulations, i already translated it:

However, please note that there are certain items that cannot be sent using InPost parcel lockers.
Należy jednak pamiętać, że niektórych przesyłek nie można wysłać za pomocą paczkomatów InPost.
These are among others:

Flammable materials,
Hazardous substances, such as chemicals, radioactive materials or toxic substances,
Food that is easily perishable or requires special storage conditions,
High-value items such as valuables, jewelry or documents of legal importance.

However all polish legal companies offers delivery to inpost parcel lockers. Do You think they braking the law? In my opinion: No, because as long it is closed and sealed in trasportation and storaging regulations it is not hazardous material. All hazardous materials must be labeled outside on the parcel with a special invidual markings.
Below is link for inpost parcel regulations:
Again, I didn't say that hazardous substances are never transported. I didn't say shipping hazardous chemical is illegal. I said there are many rules and regulations required to transport them. Which could be an added risk and complication for an individual to send through. I never said companies are not selling and shipping SN. I never said they are breaking rules by shipping a hazardous chemical. They definitely are selling and shipping but those companies have their own process of selling and shipping nationally and internationally. They have company regulations and policies that helps them in running their business smoothly and a way to protect them and deal with possible legal issues. An individual person doesn't have those, which can be a possible complication.

This post was never about companies selling and shipping SN. This post is about a random individual buying SN and shipping it to another individual. Which I gave my opinion that it is a risky and not a good idea in my first comment by saying imo, which is short for in my opinion. This comment is not started as a fact but my personal opinion. I then stated some facts that I based my opinion on.

W

wyo777

May 18, 2024
Again, I didn't say that hazardous substances are never transported. I didn't say shipping hazardous chemical is illegal. I said there are many rules and regulations required to transport them. Which could be an added risk and complication for an individual to send through. I never said companies are not selling and shipping SN. I never said they are breaking rules by shipping a hazardous chemical. They definitely are selling and shipping but those companies have their own process of selling and shipping nationally and internationally. They have company regulations and policies that helps them in running their business smoothly and a way to protect them and deal with possible legal issues. An individual person doesn't have those, which can be a possible complication.

This post was never about companies selling and shipping SN. This post is about a random individual buying SN and shipping it to another individual. Which I gave my opinion that it is a risky and not a good idea in my first comment by saying imo, which is short for in my opinion. This comment is not started as a fact but my personal opinion. I then stated some facts that I based my opinion on.
No need to argue. I understand what You said, i just showed You that in Poland it is not consider as hazardous material in trasportation. Maybe it is in Your country, no idea, but for sure not in PL, if it could be delivered to inpost parcel locker. By that all statements that is hazardous and can't be mailed by private people in my opininion or imo if u prefer are baseless. Btw im orginally polish. Poland is a main source for people looking for SN so that is why i specificly mentioned regulations in PL.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No need to argue. I understand what You said, i just showed You that in Poland it is not consider as hazardous material in trasportation. Maybe it is in Your country, no idea, but for sure not in PL, if it could be delivered to inpost parcel locker. By that all statements that is hazardous and can't be mailed by private people in my opininion or imo if u prefer are baseless. Btw im orginally polish. Poland is a main source for people looking for SN so that is why i specificly mentioned regulations in PL.
Alright, lets end this here shall we? Because this could go on for ages with me telling you what I said and didn't say again and again and again... when infact you can just look up and read it yourself. Good day!

Reactions: wyo777
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
No. You are still deceiving an unsuspecting person into playing a role in your death. Your death is NOT their burden, it is yours and yours alone. I'm sorry, but you sound like a teenager who shouldn't be on this forum.

Reactions: wyo777
W

wyo777

May 18, 2024
To totally end this conversation i will say one more time.
Poland biggest seller is again legaly shiping to EU and UK, so there is no need to involve 3rt parties.
End of story 🙂