salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
Hello there,
I use to sh by cutting (a lot) on different parts of my body. I do it everyday, but I always clean my cuts afterwards. However recently, I sometimes feel dizzy or just really tired. I know that my mental health is also playing its role, but I was wondering if this could be caused by blood loss

• Aww..
Reactions: lostforever77
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Yes, cutting yourself involves many risks including but not limited to infection, blood loss, scarring, difficulties in trying to hide the SH sites from friends and family, accidental serious injury such as artery or vein perforation, sepsis, and potentially anemia if the blood loss is sufficient enough. That may explain some of your symptoms.

Reactions: Celerity and salai
Upvote 0
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yes, most any form of self harm involves risk. This includes cutting. Aside from what Falling Grace pointed out, there's also risk of diseases entering in the body so anything is a risk, you have to assess whether it's worth the reward of what you wish for the result.

Reactions: salai
Upvote 0
salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
Yes, cutting yourself involves many risks including but not limited to infection, blood loss, scarring, difficulties in trying to hide the SH sites from friends and family, accidental serious injury such as artery or vein perforation, sepsis, and potentially anemia if the blood loss is sufficient enough. That may explain some of your symptoms.
Yes, most any form of self harm involves risk. This includes cutting. Aside from what Falling Grace pointed out, there's also risk of diseases entering in the body so anything is a risk, you have to assess whether it's worth the reward of what you wish for the result.
Thanks for replaying, I really appreciate that

Upvote 1
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Now that you mention it, I also feel really tired on the days I cut vs. the days when I don't.

Upvote 0
spacehardware

spacehardware

Unsubscribing soon
Feb 21, 2022
How much blood are you losing per day? I used to bloodlet and the body is really good at regenerating blood, so unless you're losing a lot regularly is more likely something else or not the only cause. You could have iron deficiency anaemia or low blood pressure or some other physical health ailment, but I'm not a doctor. Maybe a blood test would be a good shout if you can ask for/access one. Hope you're not feeling too awful salai - it's exhausting battling with mental illness.

Reactions: salai
Upvote 0
salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
Now that you mention it, I also feel really tired on the days I cut vs. the days when I don't.
Glad that I could make things clearer for you. And I know that it sounds weird, but it's honestly a bit comforting to see people just like me
How much blood are you losing per day? I used to bloodlet and the body is really good at regenerating blood, so unless you're losing a lot regularly is more likely something else or not the only cause. You could have iron deficiency anaemia or low blood pressure or some other physical health ailment, but I'm not a doctor. Maybe a blood test would be a good shout if you can ask for/access one. Hope you're not feeling too awful salai - it's exhausting battling with mental illness.
I honestly don't know how much blood I lose per day, but my wounds are pretty deep (not enough to reach arteries though), and the tissues that I use always end up soaked in blood.
I don't have the access to check my pressure or to do a blood test, but I assume it's nothing serious (my symptoms aren't compromising).
Thank you for the support and advice

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon
Upvote 0
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
Depends on how deep. If it goes down to fat, then probably. Use smaller and thinner blades instead if you have to SH.

Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Iron deficiency anemia can be caused by blood loss. Anyone who regularly experiences blood loss is at increased risk for anemia, that is why women are commonly anemic in comparison to men.

Reactions: salai and spacehardware
Upvote 0