Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Depends… feel free to explain if possible

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
relief from thoughts from wanting to ctb…

Reactions: makethepainstop
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I don't know, I guess like any other activity that focuses your attention, it doesn't necessarily have to be sex.
For me, for example, listening to music and enjoying good movies distracts me from suicidal idealization.
And when I was walking around the city in areas I didn't know, before the pandemic, it had the same effect, it made me forget my discomfort.

//

No ho sé, suposo que com qualsevol altra activitat que centri la teva atenció, no te necessàriament que ser el sexe.
A mi per exemple, escoltar música i gaudir de bones películes m'abstrau de la idealització suicida.
I quan passejaba per la ciutat per zones que no coneixía, abans de la pandemia, tenía el mateix efecte, em feia oblidar el meu malestar.

Reactions: makethepainstop, whatevs and Regret
F

freedomcalls

Student
Nov 9, 2022
It is a temporary distraction, but ultimately if it's not intimacy in a meaningful relationship then I'm going to feel worse afterwards instead of better, so it's more likely to contribute to my longer term self loathing and sense of hopelessness 🤷‍♀️

As distractions go though, it's fun while it lasts

• Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, onlyanimalsaregood, whatevs and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't really get much out of sex. O only have sex every 2/3 weeks, much to my (ex?) gf's disappointment

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Regret and whatevs
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I was a sex worker lol all the sex never prevented or helped me to go deeper and deeper into depression

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Cathy Ames and Regret
deadliftEnjoyer

deadliftEnjoyer

Nov 9, 2022
Lmao you people have sex? :ohhhh:

• Yay!
Reactions: AloneInCollege, freedomcalls, JamesUK and 2 others
R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
I was a sex worker lol all the sex never prevented or helped me to go deeper and deeper into depression
It is a temporary distraction, but ultimately if it's not intimacy in a meaningful relationship then I'm going to feel worse afterwards instead of better, so it's more likely to contribute to my longer term self loathing and sense of hopelessness
Outside of your work sex? Cause that would be your job then— what about sex for intimacy?

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
It sometimes relieves a bit of stress but having to shave my left hand every weekend is a chore 🤓✊💦

• Yay!
Reactions: Joey, looseye, SectOfValtiel and 1 other person
J

JamesUK

Sep 23, 2022
What's sex?

Reactions: Dead Ghost, looseye and SectOfValtiel
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Im a virgin so I wouldnt know

But I guess talking about the closest Ive been in that sense, I think it kinda did for me

It was only ever sexting and sending pics/videos, but being able to be even that intimate with my long-distance partner at the time did distract me a lot
Not to mention I was a completely incompetent loser before her... I still am I guess, just feels like its to less of a degree haha
She made me feel like I could actually be smooth if I tried, helped me figure out some of the things I like, gave me more confidence than Id ever had before and some of that has still persisted today

Honestly though I chalk most of that up to just being in love
If it wasnt with her I dont think it would have done much for me... like the idea of a one-night stand just isnt that appealing to me

So I guess I think *intimacy* can help, not necessarily sex itself?
Who knows, maybe Id stop wanting to CTB if I lost my virginity lmao, but I doubt that

• Love
Reactions: AloneInCollege, JamesUK and Regret
R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
She made me feel like I could actually be smooth if I tried, helped me figure out some of the things I like, gave me more confidence than Id ever had before and some of that has still persisted today
Yeah the Grace of a partner— intimacy… it's fucking nice.

Reactions: SectOfValtiel
Capsaicin78

Capsaicin78

Full time failure
May 4, 2022
I think love can help. Even cure in some cases. But depends on the person and their circumstances...

• Love
Reactions: SectOfValtiel, Dead Ghost and Regret
plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
A dude told me this earlier: Just be chill and make sure that sex doesn't turn into rape or being raped and everything is good.

The words are rough but it's honest. Don't you want to be harmed twice when looking for healing so still treat that carefully.
Some ppl may think being distressed and longing for saving as a vulnerability they may exploit to fulfill their own biased sexual desires; others may have sex just under the impulse when feeling distressed and potentially sexually harm you.
So make sure it's private, under the condition of mutual-agreement and in pleasant atmosphere.
Not a good idea to carry the hard feelings of self-salvation and stuff into either the relationship or the sex, in which way it won't work.
Sex, well, could be totally different being a work than being a life.
The kinda sex you have with the clients are meant to please them instead of yourself, so that's not what a sex usually is like. Sex as work is only presented as a one-way thing you're paid for, while sex as life can be Both-ways and as a mutually enjoyable thing to attend to, for you AND your partner, if you get what I'm saying.

Also sex as work is mechanical, formatted and fixed, which is different from the usual sex being of many other possibilities beyond the rigid settings.
That delicate dish you pay for in restaurant is after all different from the packed-meal your mother prepare you every morning, right?

Last edited:
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I think sex is overrated. I don't know why but it just seems a lot like hard work. When I get urges I just have quick sex. Not often. It doesn't last long. Enjoyment is very fleeting. I wouldn't object to just having a wank instead and getting the urges out the way