• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

glitxo

glitxo

Oct 18, 2020
I hope you'll find what true happiness is for you and experience it :) and i really hope your life will improve in a positive way.
I don't think anyone knows the answer or maybe i'm too dumb to know it, or maybe it does get better for some people and some people are born cursed.

Last edited:
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
In my experience, it tends to make you more cynical. Even uncaring to more and more things over time. Your health will start to decline over time.

Life will get harder as you age. That's a fact. Either because people or society expect certain things from you depending on your age. The amount of responsibilities you accumulate. If you can't take care of them, you'll be overwhelmed. Or even left behind, struggling to keep up to the rapid changes in life. Life is just an ever growing struggle of hardships. Never ending.

Although, if anyone does happen to live up to an old age... It can be happier. There comes a point where you have to accept things as they are because you are too old to change them or work on them. Whether people see acceptance of past choices as happiness or not varies greatly.

I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
It 10 years since my first bus so for me no,time doesn't not cure depression ,your ability to cope with it does,and I gave up on trying to be happy years ago so im just waiting for my ticket

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
It all depends on who you ask. Things do improve andnd it gets better for some people. Others like me it got worse in everyway possible...mental issues, health, quality of life. Also I'm not cut out for adult life and responsibilities...I'ms failure in every way possible.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
You might not be able to change your life, but you can try to change how you feel about it and reinterpret what meaning you derive from it and what has happened to you.

Forget about the future, its right now that matters.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
For myself, I think some aspects of life got better with time. I learned to understand what truly matters in life and do my best to ignore the other less appealing and non rewarding aspects.

Unless, one takes drastic life style interventions - diet, exercise, sleep - I don't know many success stories for health issues with age. But, from my own experiences those three variables worked incredibly well in myself earlier in life. Wished I had "got with the program" in my twenties and early thirties.

Reactions: Silvermorning
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It might get easier over time but I don't think the problems ever really go away in the way a lot of us might want them to. I've heard even from good recovery stories that it's usually a matter of people getting better at coping with their problems rather than getting rid of them.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I think it's an accurate guess to say that for everyone reading this post, at some point of your lives, you will feel better than you currently do.

Pedantism aside, my life did got better over time, with motivation and other resources. Over time I started exercising, eating better, changed some bad habits (mostly thinking) to good ones, have grown more realistic expectations towards the world, so I get to feel less bad. I still prefer not to experience this life, so I'm waiting for challenges to come and get me. Bad things aren't necessarily bad in the long term. Too much good, and I'm good. Too much bad, and I'm out. I see the desirable outcomes on both ends. Also, the desirable outcome will happen eventually, over time. Excuse me for being optimistic.

MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Im on the edge of reality
May 10, 2020
I don't know, honestly. I don't wanna lie but I think for some people life might actually get better with time. As you get more confidence, live by yourself (if you have abusive parents) or in general you just have faith in life. That you'll find a good job and meet someone. But some people just don't want it, either that or they don't believe in themselves because of their handicaps. You gotta love life to survive I ain't gonna lie. When I was a bit more younger I used to think life would get better with time. I didn't even think about suicide when I was 19. But I guess ever since last year everything started to go down spiral. Once you start to grow old and you understand you're facing a dead end, there's nothing you want to live for. It's hard to escape your fate.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I'll be 49 in 3 days. I spent my teenage years in psych a lot and trying to ctb. I was born into hell. My life has been... shit. I had my older son at 20 and the love, happiness of being mom over powered the depression. His dad didn't want anything to do with him I was all he had so I stayed stable for him.. I can tell you I am here because he died 3 years ago in a car accident. I exist- I died with him that day. Up until he died my life was at the best it had ever been. Somethings you end up putting behind you like my dads abuse it was put behind me yet hiding in the shadows waiting,. When my son died all the bad in my life came back right in my face. Somethings like my 1st love or 3rd I grew up and it got better I've loved 10x or so I dont know way to many to admit. Somethings when you mature you work through them and go forward. I don't care what ANYONE says there are problems in life for everyone. Will you ever find happiness? it's possible but you will still need to work to pay for the roof over your head and you might hate your job...

Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Unless you expect an inheritance which could provide you with a high quality life (because money CAN buy you ALMOST everything), time itself does not improve anything... while it can make things worse.

Only money can help you age in a dignified manner... a life actually worth living.
And just ignore the "money cannot buy you happiness" mantras...
Nothing can buy happiness or love, but a lot of "distractions" can be bought to make life more bearable and pleasurable.

I feel like you're asking the wrong crowd to get an accurate scientific average answer to that one

Yes, perhaps we are not the right "crowd" for this question, but the OD is interested in a practical point of view from people in a similar situation, a subjective perspective we can provide and she can relate to. (don't ask why I believe the OD is a female :smiling: )

Last edited:
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
It's so circumstancial and dependant on so many factors. For some it probably does get better but not for everyone.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Does it actually get better? Does anyone have experience with getting happier or healthier with age?

Yes, many people DO get better/overcome their mental health issues? But only if they are prepared to put in the hard work to achieve it.

Then again, some people also suffer terribly with physical health issues which can't be overcome. This adds to their mental torment and makes it so. much more difficult to overcome.

Reactions: peacechoice
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I'll be 49 in 3 days. I spent my teenage years in psych a lot and trying to ctb. I was born into hell. My life has been... shit. I had my older son at 20 and the love, happiness of being mom over powered the depression. His dad didn't want anything to do with him I was all he had so I stayed stable for him.. I can tell you I am here because he died 3 years ago in a car accident. I exist- I died with him that day. Up until he died my life was at the best it had ever been. Somethings you end up putting behind you like my dads abuse it was put behind me yet hiding in the shadows waiting,. When my son died all the bad in my life came back right in my face. Somethings like my 1st love or 3rd I grew up and it got better I've loved 10x or so I dont know way to many to admit. Somethings when you mature you work through them and go forward. I don't care what ANYONE says there are problems in life for everyone. Will you ever find happiness? it's possible but you will still need to work to pay for the roof over your head and you might hate your job...
I just had to say that I was very moved by your story. I'm sure you gave your son the best life you could provide. I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

• Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
If I was answering the 18 year old me who was lost, in an abusive relationship and suffering from anhedonia for years, I would say "yes, it will get better, just notice when it does and appreciate it, you won't need more". If I was answering the 25 year old me who had what he needed but didn't see it and developed horrible psychosomatic issues I would say "this is your last chance at a normal, happy life, it won't get better, be grateful and hold on to love". What am I telling myself now? Oh god.

So it really depends at the stage of life you are in. I would tell any teenager (I'm generalising) that they should give it time, move away, try and land a job, become independent.

Reactions: LonelyDude15
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I just had to say that I was very moved by your story. I'm sure you gave your son the best life you could provide. I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Thank you. I did give him the best life I could he turned out to be an amazing man. SO much so about 200 people gave him a candlelight ceremony the night after he died. The night of his death there were T shirts already made and about 4 different bumper stickers. NO parent is perfect and looking back yes there are things I would do different. But I did the best I could and the people at the candle light ceremony told me how the world lost one of the best, he was the most humble guy, he helped everyone and never ask nor accepted anything in return.. that to me I did something right. Most of all I poured so much love into him..

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
It changes. I would be hesistant to say that it gets better. YOU get better. You get wiser, learn new skills and tricks for dealing with your existence. In that sense it gets easier to manage bad periods. Life doesn't really start until your 30s for a number of reasons. Teens and 20s are an absolute shit show. I would say that if you get through that, you're basically invincible.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Not for me. Maybe for others. Depends on the person.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Every year has been an exponentially depressing descent into pain and agonizing existence. Zeal for life morphs into yearning for death, and the life ahead of you, though dwindling in actuality, seems to be far more than you can handle. Each successive day is a slightly different retelling of a recurring nightmare.

So, I guess the answer to your question is... meh, idk, probs not.

peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Mental issues are nothing to me, I always believed that I could overcome anything mentally, but physical pain makes you so weak. I don't want to be here like this.

• Love