• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Hello friends.

As per my last post i was ready to do the exit bag nitrogen method, but unsurprisingly my body wanted to keep on living for a few days and i also had this question haunting me before i try so i wanted a clear answer to it.

Which one of these bags should i use in my first and hopefully last attempt?

First one is the classic oven bag thats reccomended, but as per a lot of other peoples concerns its very crinkly, thin, and could be easily punctured/displaced. Even if its proven to work it makes me ridiculously anxious.

So i went and bought a sturdier plastic one ( large ziplock bags) and was planning to use that one.

My question is, am i doing more bad than good by trying the plastic one and i should just swallow my anxiety and try with the crinkly oven bag one?

It differs even in inflation time despite being the same size almost.
The oven bag takes around 30 secs to inflate
While the plastic ziplock takes 2 minutes! ( In pph they mention 2 minutes as well.)

So that made me think the aerodynamics inside would be different (based on the material)and that could impact the success rate, yet im not sure if im right or worrying about nothing.

Whats your suggestion on this?
( I reinforced the ziplock bag with a little more tape as it was sliding outwards slightly after a few runs,but now its just fine)

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_185811.jpg
    IMG_20220605_185811.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hurt
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Hello friends.

As per my last post i was ready to do the exit bag nitrogen method, but unsurprisingly my body wanted to keep on living for a few days and i also had this question haunting me before i try so i wanted a clear answer to it.

Which one of these bags should i use in my first and hopefully last attempt?

First one is the classic oven bag thats reccomended, but as per a lot of other peoples concerns its very crinkly, thin, and could be easily punctured/displaced. Even if its proven to work it makes me ridiculously anxious.

So i went and bought a sturdier plastic one ( large ziplock bags) and was planning to use that one.

My question is, am i doing more bad than good by trying the plastic one and i should just swallow my anxiety and try with the crinkly oven bag one?

It differs even in inflation time despite being the same size almost.
The oven bag takes around 30 secs to inflate
While the plastic ziplock takes 2 minutes! ( In pph they mention 2 minutes as well.)

So that made me think the aerodynamics inside would be different (based on the material)and that could impact the success rate, yet im not sure if im right or worrying about nothing.

Whats your suggestion on this?
( I reinforced the ziplock bag with a little more tape as it was sliding outwards slightly after a few runs,but now its just fine)
The Turkey Bag, 19" by 23.5" is the most recommended---Greenberg on Inert Gas Mega Thread will answer any of your concerns

Reactions: Raum
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
The Turkey Bag, 19" by 23.5" is the most recommended---Greenberg on Inert Gas Mega Thread will answer any of your concerns
Thanks for always being around to answer to my questions outrider :)

F

FinishingLine

May 23, 2022
That is quite some difference in inflation time. It probably has to do with the ziplock bag being a heavier material not as easily inflatable as the thin turkey bag. I imagine that gas, instead of inflating is released at the elastic seal.
I was thinking of using a ziplock bag myself, now I have to rethink. As far as for the material of the turkey bag I have learned during research that the material is not easily to be ripped.

Maybe if you have a spare one do a test putting it to different situations you think could occur.
Try to tear it.

May I ask you how you did attach the elastic band to the turkey bags´inside? Did you glue it on?
Looking at your picture I can´t figure it out.

I should be doing more reading on that matter, but have fortunately sourced the nitrogen bottle and the pressure valve and flowmeter.

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
That is quite some difference in inflation time. It probably has to do with the ziplock bag being a heavier material not as easily inflatable as the thin turkey bag. I imagine that gas, instead of inflating is released at the elastic seal.
I was thinking of using a ziplock bag myself, now I have to rethink. As far as for the material of the turkey bag I have learned during research that the material is not easily to be ripped.

Maybe if you have a spare one do a test putting it to different situations you think could occur.
Try to tear it.

May I ask you how you did attach the elastic band to the turkey bags´inside? Did you glue it on?
Looking at your picture I can´t figure it out.

I should be doing more reading on that matter, but have fortunately sourced the nitrogen bottle and the pressure valve and flowmeter.
I already did such tests, no way for the pvc one to be torn, it is indeed more sturdy than the oven bag.

The oven bag only gets torn easily if i grab with both hands and pull at opposite sides at the edge.

Which won't even be a factor as ill have my hands secured to the chair.
For my setup check my prior post.

Its just that the material itself does not inspire reliability despite it being shown to work, and then if you have an anxiety disorder on top it can make it pretty unsettling, so you can see where im coming from.
Problem is also that you can't do "practice runs" unless you have an oxygen tank as well laying around.

If nobody can attest the safety of the ziplock hard plastic one by tomorrow ill try the classic oven and hopefully i won't be here to talk about it haha.