Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
That's a fun creepypasta. I'd like that kind of hell.

Yeah, on second thought, I changed my answer. I mean it'd certainly be unpleasant in its own way, but there are far more profoundly visceral ideas/experiences of hell out there. Truth be told, I kind of cringe at the fact that I even posted that since, you're right, it does read like a really silly creepypasta.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Yeah, on second thought, I changed my answer. I mean it'd certainly be unpleasant in its own way, but there are far more profoundly visceral ideas/experiences of hell out there. Truth be told, I kind of cringe at the fact that I even posted that since, you're right, it does read like a really silly creepypasta.
Don't regret posting it. Anything is good that fuels the imagination.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
What if all the murderers, rapists, arsonists and con men are not only NOT punished in the afterlife, but are also able to walk away scot-free as they did in life?
Then we might have no inhibitions to do any of those things. There is no point in being afraid of what actions or inactions warrant one a place in hell if there is no way of knowing which ones do and which ones don't, until after it's too late to figure out.
I stand by it. Neither you or any other living person knows what awaits after death.

"If you think you know what's really going on, you're probably full of shit." – Robert Anton Wilson​

I like this one:
"Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it."

Reactions: usernameforhere, GenesAndEnvironment, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
Then we might have no inhibitions to do any of those things. There is no point in being afraid of what actions or inactions warrant one a place in hell if there is no way of knowing which ones do and which ones don't, until after it's too late to figure out.

I like this one:
"Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it."
That is a good one! I've met enough fake gurus in my time for my bullshit detector to be pretty well calibrated.

Reactions: LastFlowers
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I'm an atheist, but I don't understand why Lucifer is considered bad. Because he didn't want to live on his knees, because he wanted to be free to make his own choices? Lucifer seems like a being who values free will, and I would rather spend my time with him than some god who expects me to bow before him.
I'm the same way. Even though I'm an atheist, objectively speaking, I have an easier time trusting the devil (Satan) than god (Yahweh). If you read the Old Testament closely, you can tell that Yahweh is egotistical and manipulative. He dangles hope and healing just out of people's reach, and only gives it when people are just about to give up. Like in the book of Exodus, when it took him 400 years to bring Jews out of Egypt. Also, in the book of Lamentations, he let his own temple get destroyed by the Babylonians, after the Israelites spent decades building it for him. Basically, he does to his believers what MHP's do to us: all platitudes and promises, and no actual results.

Satan, on the other hand, never actively DID anything bad to people. He just sits in front of a lake of fire where sinners allegedly go. Maybe the bad part is tempting people to sin, like an unethical salesman scamming customers. But that's it, really. You still have a choice to say no. And when you actually go to to hell, how are the flames supposed to hurt, when you don't have your physical body? Souls don't have neurons and pain receptors. I actually like the depiction of hell in Dante's "Inferno". Unlike the Christian hell, where everyone, from scammers to rapists, go the same lake of fire, Dante's "Inferno" has different parts of hell, depending on the severity of sin.

Last edited:
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
A close second to that would simply be infinite blackness forever. I mean, yeah, I know some people might say, "Oh good, I'd have all the peace and quiet that I could ever want. How would that be hell?", but come fucking on man. You really think you'd enjoy being alone in an infinite blackness forever? I find that extremely hard to believe. For one thing, true death would be denied you and you'd have nothing, but your own disembodied thoughts constantly informing you of the terror of your predicament.

When you say "being alone in an infinite blackness forever", who are you referring to ?

Who is the "observer" of that ? Who is going to "experience" that ?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
That is why even though I'm against the use of fear to bring about order, the fact that we don't have the slightest idea what happens after we die makes people think twice about committing morally reprehensible acts. There was a time where nobody dared question the supreme authority of the Church.

Last edited:
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Watch more than one episode of EastEnders and you'll realise you're already in hell. Not just any hell, but real bad hell.

Reactions: Bigpink and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Does the thought of going to hell ever cross your mind ever? Is it something you fear? Are you afraid?
No. I have never seen, heard or read anything that made the concept of "hell" seem worth even considering. Sure, nobody knows what happens after death, but I strongly assume that it's the same thing that happens every night in the deep sleep phase – nothing.

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
°

We can't see the color of a building while we're inside of it.

But it can be reflected back to us by something on the other side.

It's up to the one seeing it, whether to believe it or not.

°

Last edited:
Reactions: BandAddict
throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021
I'm an atheist and really don't think there is any afterlife and once you ctb that is it. Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais quote during an interaction with Stephen Colbert during a debate on Gervais' atheist views vs Colbert's religious ones:

GERVAIS: Okay. But there are about 3,000 to choose from… Basically, you deny one less God than I do. You don't believe in 2,999 gods. And I don't believe in just one more.

Reactions: IWTD and Skathon
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
Does the thought of going to hell ever cross your mind ever? Is it something you fear? Are you afraid?
No if there was a hell, it would be full of normal people . So I don't see myself there

Reactions: TotallyIsolated
J

JGT1

Apr 16, 2021
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist. I'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a shit"

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
The only Hell I fear is the living hell I am already in. If I were to die, and was born into yet another Hell, I would simply fight the same fight for my right to escape it.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, even though I am atheist, I was raised Christian. Logically, the risk of hell is worth shuffling through the remainder of my shitty life. Belief in Hell isn't rational though, of course.

Reactions: TowerUpright
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
We're in hell already, baby. We can only make things better by leaving

Reactions: Celerity
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I was Evangelical for a while, but no longer believe in God or Hell.

I seriously doubt there's a hell. I mean, what would define that Hell? If you the Bible, which version/translation? If you mean another religion, then which one and why is it right? Or is it whatever I choose??

Maybe, I suppose, there is a Hell. I mean, have you ever been to Alabama??

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity