Luminousjelly

Luminousjelly

Glows in the dark
Feb 10, 2023
Binge and purge until it's not possible then I take a break. The only downside is food expenses... It's fun while it lasts..

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Laivirt, morimori and 1 other person
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I only eat when I drink too much. After several hours, I have to eat something so I can take medicine for my headache or to stop the shakes from coming on.

Then I immediately start counting down the 2 hours until I can drink again after the food digests.

I love cooking and trying different foods, but I'd prefer to keep an empty stomach so the alcohol is more effective.

It's a stupid cycle. Drink, sleep, eat, medicine, drink...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Laivirt
R

RUPA

Student
Oct 19, 2022
It feels like I used food as drug to ease or get out of pain, agony even if only for a short time
For someone suffering, food can be no different than any type of addiction or abuse like alcohol, drug, gambling, sex, smoking, etc

• Hugs
Reactions: Laivirt
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
food is the most accessible and acceptable form of quick dopamine release there is it really sucks. ive been a binge eater since a child and developed bulimia to try and prevent it. losing the same 10 lbs over and over again as a result. not pretty, and i have no energy to puke 3-6 times a day anymore

• Hugs
Dry-Finding7733

Dry-Finding7733

Expect disappointment and never be disappointed
Feb 1, 2023
You see, this for a long time was my lifeline. It may sound stupid, but it was. I would go out to eat at real whole-in-the-wall restaurants and just try their food. Often times, unsurprisingly, I would get a massive dopamine rush from doing so. IT honestly got to the point where I was doing this every night. After a while though, the dopamine just didn't come anymore. Hell, now even I no longer feel satiated by food. Of course, COVID certainly didn't help because I lost the majority of my ability to taste and it still hasn't recovered.

• Hugs
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
As long as I'm not shamed for eating a lot or called fat, I love eating good food. Pho, springrolls, southern mac n cheese, ice cream, sundaes, chocolate truffles, stuffed mushrooms, salmon, steak, trout, there's so much good food in the world, and eating them definitely elevates my mood.

However, I gain weight easily, so weight gain, in addition to how people point out chubby I am, brings down my mood more often than not, cancelling out the happiness I experienced from eating.

• Hugs
Laivirt

Laivirt

No one is going to save you.
Feb 5, 2023
I binge but I don't feel good about it. Eating feels nice for about 5 minutes or so. Then I'm not only back to feeling miserable but I also hate myself because I'm going to gain weight. I think it's just better to play video games as a distraction.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
Of course. Not just food but overall diet: healthy relationships, media consumption, food, lifestyle etc these are all medicine

wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
the weight i gained by binge eating has only made my suicidal thoughts worse

• Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce and Sweet Tart
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
sometimes. Ordering food makes me a lil happier (esp if I buy some boba along with) but sometimes I cant muster up the appetite to put it in my mouth

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
yes, but only in moderation since it could lead to a binge for me personally

I think the act of cooking or baking is better it can keep you busy, bring people closer to you, and its a new or useful skill

Reactions: Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Salty, starchy, and sweet are my drugs of choice. I have been eating disordered since I was a child. I have PCOS now and weight sticks to me, whether I eat or skip meals. I think I'd lose weight if I exercised but I'm way too depressed for that. I don't binge anymore but would if I had the opportunity.

Living with family makes it too difficult to binge. It's always been a very private thing. A doc recently prescribed Ozempic, and it makes restricting easy, cause I'm nauseated all the time. Losing weight is the only thing that could possibly make my life worth living. My weight isn't why I'm depressed but my weight and age keep me from being confident enough to try to restart my life. It seems pointless to try; no one would employ or date a person like me.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I am allergic to all foods so no, it is one of the main reasons to my suffering.

Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
Food makes it worse. I wish I didn't have to eat at all, a waste of food and money to use on myself. It might feel good for a minute when I eat something tasty, but that's about it.

But I do love cooking and serving food for others! Mostly my loved ones. Idk why, it makes me feel useful, and when people love my food, it does give me a little bit of happiness in this hell.

• Love
Reactions: SolomonKado
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Does eating good food make you happy ? Do you binge eat ?
OMG! A whole plate full of Chicken Tikka Masala with Sticky Rice along with a couple pieces of Naan Bread puts me in the best mood.

Don't get me started on about 20 or more rolls worth of Sushi! Especially the breaded kind with the sauce is heaven.

I also make really good breakfast burritos with chorizo, eggs, potatoes, green chilies, and pork green chili sauce inside. I also make another version with eggs, potatoes, and sausage pepper gravy inside. I make about 20-30 of them and freeze them so I have one every morning for breakfast. Just throw in microwave for a few minutes and starts my day off in a good mood.

I don't binge though. It feels like it because plates at restaurants are large and completely full. Each plate could feed 3 people…. This is the only time I eat more than I should. If it was a burger and fries at a restaurant then I'd feel sick after because I'd be so full and carbs and me don't get along very well.

Haven't been to a restaurant or even cooked for a couple years because my mental health has gotten worse. Being around people causes me to have panic attacks and I have no energy or motivation anymore.