L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
For me, it doesn't help, its neutral. If my depression is in extreme, it will make it worse. However, for low depression and anhedonia which I experience sometimes, it can be good "sometimes" because the chemicals can give temporary relief.
I think its actually independent but there is little relation, its like hitting a wall or digging to get drops of relief.
That being said, I think having some muscle can help on the physical side, not mental side, as it will help the body automatically and can form a protective wall and raise metabolism. While it looks not good idea for some, but its actually better imo for both ctb and life options to have better body and metabolism as ctb itself requires energy even if the method is peaceful. Years ago when I had more muscle and being more athletic, I had less SI and fear but when I got weaker after years, I became more hesitant and doubtful about my abilities and couldn't do it.

P.S.: that's assuming you don't have injury or something that prevents you. Otherwise, it can be worse

SECTS777

SECTS777

Sep 23, 2019
It's supposed to. But beyond the positive impact of releasing endorphins it should also help with getting a routine in place. Getting up and dressed, showered and so on... But getting to the point where it gets easier and easier until it becomes second nature in getting to the gym without having any barriers takes a bit of time. I tried for 3 or 4 months going 3 times a week, but I just couldn't break down those barriers. I began to question it, lost motivation, found it a futile effort before doing away with it. It's tough.