• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
Depression can get so thick and deep. If any of my friends asked me to describe it - this would be the movie I would tell them to watch. It's based on Virginia Woolf's life and book she wrote. It's an older movie. I recently watched it again and it's exactly what it feels like.

Or is there another movie that describes what you are going through?

Reactions: Walilamdzi, whatever1111 and Ruffian
favourite

favourite

Student
Feb 15, 2019
The Seventh Continent by Haneke, I feel like Im also preparing for this trip...

Reactions: Ruffian and Jenna
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Did Virginia Woolf drown herself?

Reactions: Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Somewhat - I'm extremely envious of Virginia Woolf - she acomplished both things I wish I could - write books and ctb. "Melancholia" is the best depiction of depression I've ever seen on film. It's not a mainstream film, but I honestly can't recommend it enough. The director wrote it after a long bout with depression. However, if you like it and want to check out his other movies, I seriously advise you research his others and I can't recommend them in good faith without saying proceed with extreme caution. I can only watch one every couple years and he's prolific. His other films deal with brutal subject matter, can be extremely gory, and have some of the bleakest outlooks on human existence ever. "Melancholia" is quite different than any of them, and Kirsten Dunst gives the best performance of her career.
I just wanted to also add that in "In a Room of One's own she is absolutely brutal towards other women writers and basically outlines their inferiority to their male peers. You have to wonder how much of that she internalized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gina, whatever1111 and Jenna
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I love superheroes/special effects films. I like to forget about problems. But the film appeared when I was married. And my wife was more sensible and liked those films. Normally I use to think that I missed many good films after following her ideas of films to watch. The hours is one of my favorite films. I always liked the film, even before I knew I wanted to ctb. I didn't know why I was so attracted by the film.
Somewhat - I'm extremely envious of Virginia Woolf - she acomplished both things I wish I could - write books and ctb. "Melancholia" is the best depiction of depression I've ever seen on film. It's not a mainstream film, but I honestly can't recommend it enough. The director wrote it after a long bout with depression. However, if you like it and want to check out his other movies, I seriously advise you research his others and I can't recommend them in good faith without saying proceed with extreme caution. I can only watch one every couple years and he's prolific. His other films deal with brutal subject matter, can be extremely gory, and have some of the bleakest outlooks on human existence ever. "Melancholia" is quite different than any of them, and Kirsten Dunst gives the best performance of her career.
I just wanted to also add that in "In a Room of One's own she is absolutely brutal towards other women writers and basically outlines their inferiority to their male peers. You have to wonder how much of that she internalized.
As an always melancholic person I will see the film. I'm not very fond of the director films. But this it triggers me some interest. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I love superheroes/special effects films. I don't like to forget about problems. But the film appeared when I was married. And my wife was more sensible and liked those films. Normally I use to think that I missed many good films after following her ideas of films to watch. The hours is one of my favorite films. I always liked the film, even before I knew I wanted to ctb. I didn't know why I was so attracted by the film.

As an always melancholic person I will see the film. I'm not very fond of the director films. But this it triggers me some interest. Thanks
Yes, I liken watching them to a car accident. You know you shouldn't be watching it, but there you are. Also, a lot of the plots end with no redemption and a smack in the face. It's somewhat masochistic I think when I watch another film of his.