wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I've been watching "the good place" and wondered if maybe if I'm already in "the bad place". When I die I'll just get rebooted and suffer the same life again.

what if I'm stuck in a cycle of eternal recurrence?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, wCvML2 and sserafim
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I have sort of the same intrusive thought that if I die I'll just restart from somewhere and not die for real, especially when I experience déjà vu. hopefully this isn't the bad place

Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think if this was the actual Bad Place from the show it would be way more obvious. None of the Bad Place architects were very subtle except for Oneguy so it's statistically unlikely you're in a Bad Place neighborhood…Unless you're being tortured by penis-flattening bees with teeth or something.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Presumably then, you've already lived multiple 'bad' lives? But- if they aren't troubling you now- if you can't even remember them- even if reincarnation is real, it seems likely you'll forget again and feel like you're starting again. Plus- you'll be someone new supposedly. All that made you you- your parents, your genes, your upbringing, your environment will be different.

Unless you think we all keep living carbon copies of our lives. In which case- there would need to be an unimaginable amount of planet earths to keep up with everyone's unique time line. Or, I suppose you could believe this was a simulation that didn't take up so much space.

Still- why? Why would this be happening? I suppose: why is life happening at all? But then, I'm not sure why this scenario is more likely than our particular consciousness arising from our one physical body that then dies with it. That's my hope anyhow.