S

SodaBaconWeed

Jul 22, 2020
Do you have social anxiety disorder and it makes it hard to find employment?

I know that if I could handle and talk to customers then I could maintain a job and not want to CTB but that just isn't the case.

I have a job right now doing repair work on niche electronics but soon I'll have to talk to customers on the phone and I'm dreading that day.

one because I don't know hardly anything about the products and two because I have social anxiety and the thought of conversing with customers puts fear into me.

I don't know what I'll do and if I'll end up being fired with then no income.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and ohhgeeitsme
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
It's one of my biggest reasons. I totally understand.

Reactions: VikingWinger
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Can you get NEETbux OP?

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I had to give up work because of social anxiety. Being on universal credits is financially crippling so ctb will end up being a must in 6 months. Am hoping to go way before then, ideally this weekend but don't think it will be possible

Reactions: Deleted member 20852
D

Deleted member 20852

I hear you, this is partly my reason too.

• Hugs
Reactions: VikingWinger and Gromit-CTB
M

massiveblackhole

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Working SUCKS! Dealing with people SUCKS! But being poor and unemployed also SUCKS! There's no way out but death.

Reactions: VikingWinger
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
My anxiety makes me just stay at home.

Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
One of my reasons for sure, I have general anxiety and communicating with people is very hard. I can't even make a fucking phone call. There's no job for someone worthless as me

• Hugs
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yeh part of the reason is my anxiety is crippling it gets super bad if I have to leave the house or if someone comes over. Lots of other reasons as well but ye

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
One of my reasons for sure, I have general anxiety and communicating with people is very hard. I can't even make a fucking phone call. There's no job for someone worthless as me
Phone calls are next to impossible for me. It can take me months to listen to a a single voicemail. Sometimes I just delete them without listening. One time, at a local restaurant, they were having a big sweepstake for a two week cruise and I entered it. About two months later, I finally listened to my voicemails and a month before they had called me to tell me I had won. I was so crushed. Something like that was exactly what I needed. I wished I hadn't listened to it. But yeah, no one seems to get the phone thing. Even when I tell people about my phone phobia, a lot don't listen or take it seriously. I'm always made to feel like shit. I ghost people all the time, and I hate it. It's not because I'm inconsiderate but everyone assumes that's the case. Most people just think it's all one of those millennial quirks they roll their eyes about. They don't understand how much it can affect a person's life. I couldn't even call my mom when she was dying of cancer without getting drunk first. I've paid for services for months and even years that I no longer used because I was too anxious just to call them and cancel it. I went without hot water for six months and bathed by heating up water on a stove and taking it into the bath. which means I barely bathed.. all because I couldn't just call the office and get someone to fix it.. and also too anxious to let them in my apartment. I ended up "fixing" it myself. The whole time, all I had to do was switch the water heater off and on, on the circuit breaker. I can't believe it took me six months to try that. So yeah, I totally feel ya.

Reactions: Nymph
clocktower

clocktower

anxious
Jun 25, 2020
my SAD is so bad i haven't left the house properly for about 10 years. i just don't know how to fix it. it hurts so much missing out on life.

S

SodaBaconWeed

Jul 22, 2020
The thing is I can stay on disability which pays roughly 1400 usd a month but even that isn't enough to be comfortable. As in have tv, internet, and a pet. I'm so stuck. In the end I'll be evicted for not being able to cover the cost of property taxes I just know it.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Completely resonate with OP. My reason. Too

Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
I can say I'm in the same boat as you OP, this time around I've had crippling anxiety and depression and haven't been too work since over two weeks(employers don't know) they know I have an autoimmune disease so it kinda covers it. I have to deal with clients and customers daily... And just can't do it anymore... It's becoming my primary reason cause of my mental state, it just doesn't come and go I break down bad atleast 4 times a year for weeks and this time I feel there's no recovery.