• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Is there Anyone else on here who are thoroughly sick of Muppet's who think they know better than you or anyone else?

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It seems like you are describing everyone who has a slighly narcissistic bent. Did you have any type of person in mind?

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
What I meant to say is that you are describing people who, basically, care too much about themselves - sometimes to the detriment to other people.
Ah yes that's it, Thank you for the explanation Julgran, l've made many mistakes myself because of Arrogance and now I'm my later years it upsets me when l see the younger generation making those same mistakes and because l don't know how to communicate with the younger generation there's nothing I can do to explain to them why they should change their chosen path!

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Ah yes that's it, Thank you for the explanation Julgran, l've made many mistakes myself because of Arrogance and now I'm my later years it upsets me when l see the younger generation making those same mistakes and because l don't know how to communicate with the younger generation there's nothing I can do to explain to them why they should change their chosen path!

I see. Is your goal, then, to prevent future generations from making the same mistakes that you have made? Is this correctly understood?

I assume that those younger people will just think "Oh! Here's yet amother old man or woman who wants to teach me to tie my shoes..." - with this I mean that they may not even want to learn.

Last edited:
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I see. Is your goal, then, to prevent future generations from making the same mistakes that you have made? Is this correctly understood?

I assume that those younger people will just think "Oh! Here's yet amother old man or woman who wants to teach me to tie my shoes..." - with this I mean that they may way not even want to learn.
Yes that's exactly it, in January 2022 l start as a volunteer counselor with BDP, and hope to dissuade young addicts from venturing to far down that road that they find they can't turn round and end up as yet another overdose statistic! Oh and l'm only 49yrs old! 'old man' (Cheeky git) :-)

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Yes that's exactly it, in January 2022 l start as a volunteer counselor with BDP, and hope to dissuade young addicts from venturing to far down that road that they find they can't turn round and end up as yet another overdose statistic!

This sounds praiseworthy! Do you have any good examples from your own life that you can share with them? If so, your lessons might be more concrete to them.

Oh and l'm only 49yrs old! 'old man' (Cheeky git) :-)

You know how youngsters think, right..? :wink:

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Yes, l think my time in the infantry as a BEF Sniper may encourage some to head towards a military career (Worthwhile) my experience of being stranded in a overnight Blizzard on the A47 between Leicester and Peterborough may be useful in how things can go drastically Wrong very very quickly! And the years following my diagnosis of ASPD & PTSD because of those events plus a few other situations l found myself in all may help (hopefully) get through to them why making Positive decisions is really important! If l can help just one person then surely that counts as something?
Got to switch off for a few hours now as need to do other stuff! Hope to talk with you again soon @Julgran, Thank You You've made me feel a lot better,and l am truly grateful :-)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Yes, l think my time in the infantry as a BEF Sniper may encourage some to head towards a military career (Worthwhile) my experience of being stranded in a overnight Blizzard on the A47 between Leicester and Peterborough may be useful in how things can go drastically Wrong very very quickly! And the years following my diagnosis of ASPD & PTSD because of those events plus a few other situations l found myself in all may help (hopefully) get through to them why making Positive decisions is really important! If l can help just one person then surely that counts as something?
Got to switch off for a few hours now as need to do other stuff! Hope to talk with you again soon @Julgran, Thank You You've made me feel a lot better,and l am truly grateful :-)

Wow! You do have an interesting background, and I would have loved to have you as one of my role models when I was younger. I never had any drug problems, though, but I had a too comfortable life playing video games, so with the wisdow of a person such as yourself, I could have grown up much earlier.

The kids will probably find your military history exciting, and your medical history as genuine. People in general should get the chance to realize that life will not necessarily manifest as a red line that you can follow and which will keep you from harm - but, rather, that one should be prepared for the thought that the default state of life is negative, and you can do certain things to make your journey to the end slightly better.

I believe that you can make a valuable impact on the kids :wink:

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Wow! You do have an interesting background, and I would have loved to have you as one of my role models when I was younger. I never had any drug problems, though, but I had a too comfortable life playing video games, so with the wisdow of a person such as yourself, I could have grown up much earlier.

The kids will probably find your military history exciting, and your medical history as genuine. People in general should get the chance to realize that life will not necessarily manifest as a red line that you can follow and which will keep you from harm - but, rather, that one should be prepared for the thought that the default state of life is negative, and you can do certain things to make your journey to the end slightly better.

I believe that you can make a valuable impact on the kids :wink:
@Julgran Thank You and may the spirit of Xmas shine upon you brightly! IMG 201809251 013726

• Love
Reactions: Julgran
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I hope that you are able to relax and unwind now during the holidays, since you have such a responsible - but exciting - task ahead of you next year šŸ¤—

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
As i say quite often lately, only immortal one can tell me what to do :)