Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I know Sweet Pea is stressed. She hates change as most cats do. Does anyone know why she pooped outside her litter box? She's old (14 years) so I know that's an issue plus with the move she is really stressed. Any ideas?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, pole, Adûnâi and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
not a cat expert or veterinarian

but I heard that cats hesitate to use their litter box or are confused about it once moved if it doesn't have their own scent in it or urine or maybe a piece of fecal matter which labels it as theirs in their own mind similar to regular scent marking where they run their face and cheeks up against things and people

I think this is probably talked about in this video

(I find Jackson Galaxy's videos to be very interesting and many cat owners in the comments of his videos find him to be helpful)

edit: or maybe this one

I hope this helps in someway and that Sweet Pea feels comfortable soon (what a great and lovely name for a cat)

edit 2: I wonder if putting the poop from outside the box into the box and letting it sit there for a while will encourage her to poop there or indicate to her that it is her territory as well

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: pole, leavingthesoultrap, Adûnâi and 3 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
not a cat expert or veterinarian

but I heard that cats hesitate to use their litter box or are confused about it once moved if it doesn't have their own scent in it or urine or maybe a piece of fecal matter which labels it as theirs in their own mind similar to regular scent marking where they run their face and cheeks up against things and people

I think this is probably talked about in this video

(I find Jackson Galaxy's videos to be very interesting and many cat owners in the comments of his videos find him to be helpful)

edit: or maybe this one

I hope this helps in someway and that Sweet Pea feels comfortable soon (what a great and lovely name for a cat)

edit 2: I wonder if putting the poop from outside the box into the box and letting it sit there for a while will encourage her to poop there or indicate to her that it is her territory as well

Thank you very much

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, Adûnâi and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Thank you very much
I am very interested to hear if anything works or improves for Sweet Pea if you decide to give an update

cat math/logic is always very interesting to observe and learn about

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole and Adûnâi
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I am very interested to hear if anything works or improves for Sweet Pea if you decide to give an update

cat math/logic is always very interesting to observe and learn about
She seems to be doing much better this morning. She is very sensitive and I know moving is hard on her

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jar-baby, pole, Adûnâi and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Is her name a reference to that one movie I cared to watch almost a decade ago, with lobotomised schoolgirls? Sucker Punch (2011)?
LOL no. SHe is a southern girl and Sweet Pea is a southern name for their animals. LOL
I know Sweet Pea is stressed. She hates change as most cats do. Does anyone know why she pooped outside her litter box? She's old (14 years) so I know that's an issue plus with the move she is really stressed. Any ideas?
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU INPUT. SWEET PEA IS MUCH BETTER THIS MORNING. I DO APPRECIATE YOU ALL TAKING THE TIME TO ADVISE ME ON HOW TO BETTER TAKE CARE OF HER.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole, ColorlessTrees, psp3000 and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
just want to point out that not including pictures of Sweet Pea in your thread for us to see is a crime against humanity and in violation of forum rules.

we demand Sweet Pea make an appearance on this thread.

Reactions: Disappointered, donsie and jar-baby