bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
My apologies I do not know if this goes in the suicide discussion part or the off-topic part. If it is in the wrong one my deepest condolences for my mistake.

I was going to write something on suicide in Japan and I thought I'd look at some Japanese suicide forums to see if I could gather any information there but one issue: I could not find any.
I'm not 100% sure what keywords to look up to find one, I tried using a bunch of different ones but after looking up all the keywords I could think of I didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask here as this is the place most likely to help.

my apologies for the question that is probably not very smart but nonetheless thank you for your time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: charlotte_, Hikikomori1, Huntfish34 and 4 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Many Japanese tend to post suicide related content on social media like Twitter. It's possible Japan censors these types of forums all together.

Reactions: Hikikomori1
Piki

Piki

_( ^ ᴗ ᴗ^) ᶻ ᶻ ᶻ
Dec 2, 2022
Many of them have vanished as a result of a series of events. Tried to find some, not sure whether they're what you're looking for but hope to give some clues:

- NO NAME YET (zigennokanata.net)
- 自殺願望掲示板★★★ - したらば (kyodemo.net)
-【情報・知識】THE首吊りPart198【募集中】(ワ有) (5ch.net)
- 自殺・死|宛名のないメール (blindletter.com)
- 番人テラス(チャット&掲示板) (gokenin.com)
- ドクター・キリコ診察室 (scenecritique.com)

And... they do seem to discuss about suicide more on SNS lately; checking Twitter for tags like #自殺 #死にたい #希死念慮 #心中 may be helpful.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: selain, Suicidе, bubo and 7 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My Japanese skills have tanked massively, so I'm not able to translate very much anymore, however, I do think that imageboards like 2channel have a lot of people discussing the topic. Western imageboards like 4chan that are based off the OG Japanese sites have quite a lot of discussion about ctb as well, but many of them have shut down in recent years due to lack of activity or bad shit going down on there.

• Hugs
Reactions: bubo, Skathon and Huntfish34
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
You could try putting in 自殺 自殺チャット 自殺掲示板 自殺BBS or ネット心中 in Google or Yahoo Japan search but a lot of these bulletin boards and chatrooms have been closed down by the Japanese authorities or have gone underground and locked themselves down to avoid being taken down.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante, Skathon and Ki_Nam
umjammertranner

umjammertranner

Not your friend
Mar 25, 2023
You could try putting in 自殺 自殺チャット 自殺掲示板 自殺BBS or ネット心中 in Google or Yahoo Japan search but a lot of these bulletin boards and chatrooms have been closed down by the Japanese authorities or have gone underground and locked themselves down to avoid being taken down.
just wanted to say nice profile pic, don't see many WTTNHK fans around these days

Reactions: Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
just wanted to say nice profile pic, don't see many WTTNHK fans around these days

Thanks. :smiling:
Many Japanese tend to post suicide related content on social media like Twitter. It's possible Japan censors these types of forums all together.

This is the case too at least nowadays. A lot of those pro-choice bulletin boards and chatrooms were around in the old internet days 15-20 years ago.

Most young Japanese today use Twitter Facebook Line Discord instead of using old school chatrooms or message boards like 2ch or Futaba.

Last edited:
Reactions: umjammertranner
Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
What other suicide forums are still out there in general? This is the only one have been able to find.