nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
And prefer them because the pharmaceutical drugs (in particularly anti-depressants and anti-psychotics) feel shit to them? Don't get me wrong, I feel that these pharma meds can benefit those suffering from serious mood disorders/psychosis but in many cases, the side effects are not fucking worth it.

I've been on Abilify, Seroquel, and Risperidal. The latter two gave me lethargy so bad that I almost killed myself. One of my friends was feeling actively suicidal and went to the hospital. They just increased his dose of antidepressants (didn't even give him a benzo). He later slit his throat no more than 20 hours later. Had ecstasy or shrooms been available to him, do you think that would have happened?

Back to me, i tried almost every anti-depressant in the book and they DIDN'T WORK. They also made me feel tired.

Finally i gave up and now self medicate with a mix of codeine, nicotine, and weed.

Reactions: sarahlouise, Abgrundanziehung and Despairing
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I have OCD, major depression and borderline tendencies, but have not tried illicit drugs at all (not trying to get my probation revoked either).

I believe antidepressants simply will not work for some people, I'm not sure how long you tried each drug and what your dosage was for each, but it definitely isn't for everyone, and the side effects surely suck. Have you tried different kinds of cognitive behavioral therapy? It's usually more helpful than medication, which simply suppresses mental health symptoms without attacking the underlying issue(s).

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I am on a few psych meds that don't really work. I take ecstasy, heroin, cocaine etc occasionally and it does help, at least the xtc does, for a little while.

Reactions: Despairing
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Used to use heroin now I use Tramadol I don't care if I am swapping depression for addiction I would rather be addicted than depressed.

got2beFionaC

got2beFionaC

i am nobody. who are you? are you nobody, too?
Jul 1, 2020
And prefer them because the pharmaceutical drugs (in particularly anti-depressants and anti-psychotics) feel shit to them? Don't get me wrong, I feel that these pharma meds can benefit those suffering from serious mood disorders/psychosis but in many cases, the side effects are not fucking worth it.

I've been on Abilify, Seroquel, and Risperidal. The latter two gave me lethargy so bad that I almost killed myself. One of my friends was feeling actively suicidal and went to the hospital. They just increased his dose of antidepressants (didn't even give him a benzo). He later slit his throat no more than 20 hours later. Had ecstasy or shrooms been available to him, do you think that would have happened?

Back to me, i tried almost every anti-depressant in the book and they DIDN'T WORK. They also made me feel tired.

Finally i gave up and now self medicate with a mix of codeine, nicotine, and weed.

yesss! honestly, my "friends" called me a garbage disposal because anything they would put in my hand i would use. i used meth daily for over a year. i was prescribed xanax but got addicted. i've tried several pharmaceuticals that didn't work. honestly i just want to feel better and whatever numbs it at the time works.

D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019

For me opiates defiantly help.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I smoked weed for a good 2 years to escape my thoughts but haven't touched it for 2 months now.

I tried microdosing LSD and psilocybin which I prefer but its always harder to find where I live. I'm just waiting for picking season to come back around so I can feel some semblance of mental clarity.

Reactions: red_pen
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
not illegal, but I go for alcohol. at this point I'd take just about anything to not feel the everyday feelings and alcohol is just easier to come by.

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I don't take illegal drugs, but sometimes if I self-medicate to sleep, I have been suffering from insomnia for a long time.

Sometimes I think that people with mental disorders are overmedicated, perhaps therapy should focus more on the reason for that situation, I am not saying that you should not use medications, but it is not always the solution.

Reactions: red_pen
sarahlouise

sarahlouise

Jul 24, 2020
I've been on so many different antidepressants, none of them really work and quite a few of them made me feel worse. I was put on 400mg seroquel/Quetiapine for 5 years and it turned me into a fat hungry zombie but then my pych stopped it abruptly and the withdrawals were so bad I don't know how I got through it, never again .I have insomnia now because of it . I've been unable to find anything online that helps . I would probably try anything if I could get hold of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence