M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I hesitate to post here because I am white - and I hate myself because of it. Perhaps not the most politically correct thing to say - or perhaps most correct thing of all. The pendulum swings back and forth. It is coming around now - we cannot avoid it.

Society is trying to mindfuck us all - keep us dissatisfied, divided, and trapped - so we are unable to fight back. That is only my opinion. It is your decision to give it credence or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, Pluto, Grey-zoner and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Algorithms on dating apps are by default racist. They are designed to bring up certain people's profiles more than others. There are studies that have shown that. People have 'preferences', but you have to ask what the motive behind these 'preferences' is. I don't understand why when someone brings up how their race has affected them it is always questioned. You wouldn't do that if someone was talking about sexuality and the difficulties they face as a result of that. Idk why racism is always suggested to be 'just in our heads'. It doesn't need you to dissect it but by bit. If someone says race has had an impact, then it has.
I clearly stated that I believe racism and all other forms of hate exists. It would be hard to find anyone that disagrees with that.

I would have to see a data backed example of the dating site example you gave. You are free to post them here if you have them or DM me. I personally would not default to racism for a site simply bringing up certain profiles more than frequently than others. I personal never draw conclusions without a thorough non-biased investigation of the data.

In my previous response I also clearly stated I look at individual experience instead of making global claims. Like the previous posted just showed, an individual example of racism by living as a minority in a majority neighborhood. I did not dismiss your individual experience, just your global claim of all blacks. I let each individual speak for themselves not one person speaking for them all as I know plenty of black who do not share your experience and the list I gave you to check out are some as well.

Lastly, I am equally passionate about all forms of hate. Whether someone is picking on someone for being short or is picking on someone for their religion, I do not care to tolerate either. There isn't a hierarchy to me concerning hate. Let us stop all forms of it and be passionate about it all. What is supposed to bring us together here is shared pain. Relating to each other through shared pain is what brings compassion for each other. When you start dividing things up into groups of who has it better and who has it worst, then how does anyone work together? You have now created dozens of small groups instead of one large inclusive group.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and Grey-zoner
J

jello

Curiosity killed the cat
Aug 30, 2021
I used to hate myself for my skin tone a lot; it did get better as I grew older though

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and 4eyebiped
hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
In your opinion, being black makes it harder to date in what sense? Are you saying other black people aren't dating black people or you don't find that enough non-blacks are dating blacks? If partly the latter, as someone else pointed out, not dating different cultures, or races, by default is not racism.

I would argue that being human makes it hard to date, even more so due to swipe culture, social media and less in person engagement. We are simply complicated creatures on so many mind boggling levels. Being an "ugly" human, visually and/or mentally, makes it even harder to date, and we all deal with that regardless of our shade. Having disabilities or being self defeating adds another layer in making it even harder, but this isn't a competition and each case is unique. I would rather us all approach it as "I am having a problem dating" than "everyone in this certain group is having a hard time dating". One has a better chance of finding a resolution.

Does racism exist along with the plethora of other ism? Absolutely and that will never change. We are human and there is, on average, an innate flaw to that, which I am not sure could ever fully be resolved. For anyone that experiences any form of hate, real or perceived, it has the potential to change them and affect them throughout their lives. Our parents often determine our resiliency and success in life and not everyone is lucky enough to have great parents as role models. It is even worst when people get trapped in negative echo chambers online where algorithms bombard you with a seemingly never ending playlist of whatever travesty you just watched. This could be anything and will give the impression of an epidemic no matter the content. The feedback loop caused by these echo chambers is enough to defeat even the strongest.

Your quote highlights one potential issue, who you are listening to. Certain people will ensure you will never progress. I recommend at least giving some of the following people a listen with an open mind. Thomas Sowells, see video in one of previous posts for Smokey Robison, Larry Elder, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Officer Tatum, Candice Owens, Anthony Brian Logan, Herman Cain, Don Cheadle and the list goes on. I do not claim these people to be perfect or infallible nor do I agree with everything they say and believe. Then again, that applies to everyone, it is okay to have some disagreements and still appreciate their core beliefs and values. There wouldn't be personal growth if we only dealt with clones of ourselves. These people, which happen to be black if that matters, have a completely different mindset on blacks than what the media, certain political parties and certain race hustlers push.

Keep in mind I am an "average" white male that by some of your descriptions should have me knee deep in the beaver pond. As mentioned elsewhere, a big part of my future demise will be due to loneliness. I say let us stop the competition of who has it worse and who has it better and instead acknowledge we all suffer from it. I am unaware of any group of people that is on the verge of extinction due to no one dating anyone in that group.

Have a wonderful day, beautiful person.
racism is not an individual problem of 'bad role models' or 'bad attitude'. Those examples are a certain minority who are either anti-black or colorblind. All difference are not equal. As a popular meme says-- the average white person has more generational wealth that most black people. and the average college education white man will have a better job, income and position that an intelligent, Phd, rich black man. It also does little to simply listen to upper class black people who have some degree of insulation from the major effects of racism.
I mean I identify way more as American than just Asian or even East Asian. I was already born in the US and never even visited the country my parents came from (Taiwan) until I was 18. I can't even speak Mandarin, only English. 🤷‍♀️
its more common for people who are not the 1st generation in the US to say they feel more 'american' as you say because you never likely ever were in your parents homeland and most likely didn't learn much or any of your parents native language. I read this book about it: https://www.dukeupress.edu/racial-melancholia-racial-dissociation
I clearly stated that I believe racism and all other forms of hate exists. It would be hard to find anyone that disagrees with that.

I would have to see a data backed example of the dating site example you gave. You are free to post them here if you have them or DM me. I personally would not default to racism for a site simply bringing up certain profiles more than frequently than others. I personal never draw conclusions without a thorough non-biased investigation of the data.

In my previous response I also clearly stated I look at individual experience instead of making global claims. Like the previous posted just showed, an individual example of racism by living as a minority in a majority neighborhood. I did not dismiss your individual experience, just your global claim of all blacks. I let each individual speak for themselves not one person speaking for them all as I know plenty of black who do not share your experience and the list I gave you to check out are some as well.

Lastly, I am equally passionate about all forms of hate. Whether someone is picking on someone for being short or is picking on someone for their religion, I do not care to tolerate either. There isn't a hierarchy to me concerning hate. Let us stop all forms of it and be passionate about it all. What is supposed to bring us together here is shared pain. Relating to each other through shared pain is what brings compassion for each other. When you start dividing things up into groups of who has it better and who has it worst, then how does anyone work together? You have now created dozens of small groups instead of one large inclusive group.
racism, sexism and other isms exist. They are based upon structures, not something that happens to all people. it may be true that many people 'hate hate' but that does not mean we see hate in the same way. I see the hate of black people as a structure (institutional racism) and as single acts of hate. You say you do not. Sure I feel pain. But that is not a basis for similarity. validating each other requires you to believe the other person. If you don't, then the other people will not feel supported. there is no 'better' or 'worse' pain. its a feeling and its called 'oppression olympics' to compare. But that doesn't mean certain people are more likely to experience it. If you are a woman, you are going to live in a world where most men are going to try to hit on your or rape you. If you are a black person, you are going to live in a world where most white people are going to leave you out of clubs, jobs, colleges, etc. People from my background were left out of many places because of our beliefs. If you don't understand where I come from, its hard to fight against they hate I deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForsakenDial, Heartaches and maakies
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Sort of? Though, it's not as bad as it used to be. I'm generally okay with being a person of color; it's racist people that make it out to be a bad thing, though. I know I would be treated better in society if I were white, though that's not my fault and I am tired of hating myself because of how other people view me. People will either accept me as I am or they won't and they can get out of my life. That being said, I still think I would look better if I were a shade or two lighter.

Reactions: Heartaches
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
I would argue that being human makes it hard to date, even more so due to swipe culture,
Your post has some serious "whataboutism" energy.

As a black man who's dated both white and black women I can say wholeheartedly black women have it way tougher than you can imagine. Even tougher than black men.

Not only do they have the insecurity of their ethnicity tested on a daily, they also have the weird raceplay white guys who don't quite see them as equal, then they also have the "crazy black woman" stereotypes to fight against. If black women show anger or frustration no matter how justified, they're labelled "problematic". If a white woman does that, "she's just having a bad day"
Your quote highlights one potential issue, who you are listening to. Certain people will ensure you will never progress. I recommend at least giving some of the following people a listen with an open mind. Thomas Sowells, see video in one of previous posts for Smokey Robison, Larry Elder, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Officer Tatum, Candice Owens,
Bruh. She's the biggest self hating grifter and a cancer to the black community. How can you even suggest her to a black person?

She'll be the first to say racism isn't real and that she's never experienced it, but when she was in school the deans son would send her racist death threats and phone calls about how they were going to murder her and her monkey family. Now she's all grown up and she makes $$$ giving talks to the same right wingers that traumatized her. She's disgusting, disingenuous and a down right dickhead.
Keep in mind I am an "average" white male that by some of your descriptions should have me knee deep in the beaver pond.
Oh snap. Who could a guessed 🤷🏿‍♂️
And on a sidenote...

All this talk about "preferring your own race is natural" is fucking bullshit dude.

My longest relationship was with a white woman from a super conservative family. most of the white partners I've been with all came from conservative families and I'm very progressive black dude who can't stand racism

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ForsakenDial, come to dust, Alcoholic Teletubby and 4 others
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Your post has some serious "whataboutism" energy.

As a black man who's dated both white and black women I can say wholeheartedly black women have it way tougher than you can imagine. Even tougher than black men.

Not only do they have the insecurity of their ethnicity tested on a daily, they also have the weird raceplay white guys who don't quite see them as equal, then they also have the "crazy black woman" stereotypes to fight against. If black women show anger or frustration no matter how justified, they're labelled "problematic". If a white woman does that, "she's just having a bad day"

Bruh. She's the biggest self hating grifter and a cancer to the black community. How can you even suggest her to a black person?

She'll be the first to say racism isn't real and that she's never experienced it, but when she was in school the deans son would send her racist death threats and phone calls about how they were going to murder her and her monkey family. Now she's all grown up and she makes $$$ giving talks to the same right wingers that traumatized her. She's disgusting, disingenuous and a down right dickhead.

Oh snap. Who could a guessed 🤷🏿‍♂️
My post first started off asking a question and asking for clarification. I was engaging the poster. I then ended with listing some people I felt, and other black friends of mine feel, are more inspirational and motivational than someone she quoted. Is it up to the poster whether they wish to look at that list I provided or not. I just found it disheartening that someone she looked up to said something that was self defeating. If everyone you look up to says you are going to fail, well, it is hard to succeed.

I pose the same question to you that I did to the poster, could you clarify what troubles you are having with dating as a black man that is unique to you that other individuals are not dealing with? You said you were dating both black and white women so it gives the impression you are doing better than most.

What usually throws people off with my posts is that I do not speak in absolute terms and I do not make claims for large groups of people and I wont. I talk about my experiences and experiences of others I have directly talked to. When I look at you I am not going make any assumptions about you because you are black and I am not going to make assumptions about you because you are a guy. I won't be foolish and pretend to know anything about you based on your skin color, sex or any other attribute. I will engage you as an individual. There isn't anything global to any specific race or sex. Even then you are better off breaking things down by sub cultures. I have got a bit of hate on the forum for treating people as individuals instead of assuming things about an entire race. Very puzzling.

I disagree with your assessment of Candice and know plenty of black people who agree with her, which you probably have something bad to say about them as well? While I haven't listened to everything she has said, and will not claim I agree with everything she says, what I have heard was accurate and reasonable to me. You are free to mention something specific and we can discuss that. I do know she has never once claimed racism doesn't exist, as most reasonable people do not make such claims, but you are free to post where she made that statement, if you feel I am in error, and I will happily look it over. I will definitely stop recommending her if that is the case.

Do you have opinions about any of the other people on the list or does having her name there make you dismiss the entire list?

EDIT: Are you saying I claimed that people preferred their own race or were you speaking in a general way? Also, are you claiming I am pro racism in some way?

Last edited:
maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I wish I was born a different way. That's for sure.

It is a fact of the modern world. Racism exists. For those who claim not to "see race," that does not negate the fact that it does continue to exist. The minute legislation and sundown towns dictated what black and brown people could and couldn't do (I speak as an American, and as an Southeast Asian American) was the minute America forfeited the ability to claim racism doesn't exist. I wish it weren't so. It's all very tiresome. I'd like to be able to wash my mind of it all. I was told to read as a child. It seems that reading made everything worse. I'd rather live in blissful ignorance than as I do now. But, I cannot help myself.

If it does really come down to who you are in a romantic relationship with and who finds you attractive — that is ridiculous; it is boring. As I age, I realize more and more I don't want to have children. God forbid I did—I wouldn't want to have a child with a white person. Something about it feels like forfeiting. Inevitable that all I date and seem to attract are Russian Jews or Irish Catholic people. People want to have sex with me, even date me. I find it boring, and romance is no longer interesting to me. What's interesting to me are things like how Belgian chocolate is a household name and De Beers owns the means of diamond mining and but they're all from Africa and maintained by African people. Or, how Mexico and the Philippines and Vietnam and Ghana were respectively forced to trade with each other and rely on each other's economies because that is what the Spanish and French dictated. It's a money game. We're all peons in it.

Reality is I don't have the best opinions or work hard enough to deserve much of anything. However, I do believe that people from my parent's homeland deserve reparations for all the shit they've been put through.

hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
only white people, who don't have to deal with racism, could say that its not a system of oppression because 'they don't want to generalize'. like there is some need to be accurate in that. like if something happens to people 99 out of 100 times, its not 'really a pattern'. that is a view that denies institutional racism. its color blind. it tries to judge everyone the same. its part of neoliberalism. its why our supreme court fails to address racism. you are either racist or anti-racist. colorblindness is racism.

Reactions: ForsakenDial, come to dust, Heartaches and 1 other person
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
My post first started off asking a question and asking for clarification. I was engaging the poster. I then ended with listing some people I felt, and other black friends of mine feel,
No offence, but if your gonna draw for the black friends defence you'll have to give me numbers (how many black friends do you have that listen to these people?)
I have to ask because this is a super common talking point for racists online. not to tar you with that brush, but flags are already being raised when you immediately go for the black friend defence.
are more inspirational and motivational than someone she quoted. Is it up to the poster whether they wish to look at that list I provided or not. I just found it disheartening that someone she looked up to said something that was self defeating. If everyone you look up to says you are going to fail, well, it is hard to succeed.
Sure, but if your going to listen to a black conservative grifter who simultaneously defended Hitler...

And claimed the BLM movement is unjust/bad because Tucker Carlson(popular with white supremists) told her so...
"Tucker Carlson told the truth about #BLM: it has nothing to do with black lives. When 18 black people were murdered in 24 hours in Chicago #GeorgeFloyd riots, plus 10 people shot in Brooklyn in one hour — the movement is about black anarchy. And I will never bend a knee to that."

Candace Owens, Twitter, June 9, 2020.
She also claimed White Supremecy isn't an issue for Minority Americans as they aren't harming Black Americans...

"Based on the hierarchy of what's impacting minority Americans, if I had to make a list of 100 things, white nationalism would not make the list. White supremacy and white nationalism is not a problem that is harming Black America."

Candace Owens in testimony in front of a U.S. House Oversight Joint Subcommittee hearing Sept. 20, 2019.
It's safe to say she's not on your side, and probably more harmful to listen too than someone simply stating the truth that your life will be harder as a black person or POC.
I pose the same question to you that I did to the poster, could you clarify what troubles you are having with dating as a black man that is unique to you that other individuals are not dealing with? You said you were dating both black and white women so it gives the impression you are doing better than most.
Sure. Worth noting my dating data pool is taken from my dating experience of 10+ years. This was also before my mental health declined massively.

So as a black guy, you're automatically hyper-sexualised, there's a huge expectation from every other race, and there's this ridiculous hyper masculine standard your supposed to meet because black men are always portrayed that way from pop culture to porn. Always.

Now, this can work in your favour depending on the type of person you are. I'm pretty introverted so I relied on my personality to win myself over with prospective partners. Though i'm not exactly ugly, i'm slim but athletic, and i'm blessed in other areas too, (which im super thankful for) however, if your a black guy who doesn't meet that criteria, it's tougher to attract people based on your true self. You're kind of forced to put on a front to attract any kind of attention. But even in this case, a good personality can get you there. It really can.

If you can make a woman feel comfortable and laugh around you, you're doing great. Just try and be self aware.

What usually throws people off with my posts is that I do not speak in absolute terms and I do not make claims for large groups of people and I wont. I talk about my experiences and experiences of others I have directly talked to. When I look at you I am not going make any assumptions about you because you are black and I am not going to make assumptions about you because you are a guy. I won't be foolish and pretend to know anything about you based on your skin color, sex or any other attribute. I will engage you as an individual. There isn't anything global to any specific race or sex. Even then you are better off breaking things down by sub cultures. I have got a bit of hate on the forum for treating people as individuals instead of assuming things about an entire race. Very puzzling.
No. I don't think this is the case at all.
I'm willing to bet its because you disregard the shared experience certain groups have to endure, therefore you're not considerate of that persons struggles with their racial identity. While each person is individual and unique, society as a whole doesn't always treat us so. There are certainly triggers you could be hitting while trying to "treat this person as an individual" because you're neglecting that racism has any effect on their personal life.

Asian women as often stereotyped as being sub-servient, timid, quiet, passive etc...
If i were talking to an Asian woman on here, I would avoid criticism of her being too loud, vocal, independent, opinionated, outspoken etc..
While people can be obnoxious regardless of race, some people are also made to feel like they don't have an equal say because of race. This can also cause a vicious cycle.

You can apply this to any race ^

I disagree with your assessment of Candice and know plenty of black people who agree with her, which you probably have something bad to say about them as well?
In a lot of cases, yes. You can be black and conservative, but you can also be black and racist. Owens is racist. And if you follow her, I have to question you.
While I haven't listened to everything she has said, and will not claim I agree with everything she says, what I have heard was accurate and reasonable to me. You are free to mention something specific and we can discuss that. I do know she has never once claimed racism doesn't exist, as most reasonable people do not make such claims, but you are free to post where she made that statement, if you feel I am in error, and I will happily look it over. I will definitely stop recommending her if that is the case.
maybe we can start with the stuff i quoted at the top of my reply.
She's definitely claimed institutional racism doesn't exist, she's also a paid speaker for Prager-U, the same Prager-U that put out a pro-slavery video.

You probably about to type about "what about this video is racist or pro-slavery, give an example"

So i'll save time and post this video that Hasan summed up perfectly.

Now answer this, what kind of self respecting, self aware black person would endorse Prager-U's racist propaganda??
easy answer. a grifter millionaire out to make a quick buck. She's in it for the money, her views and perspective are dictated by cash.

Oh, and lets not forget her stigmatization of Anthony Bourdain after he took his own life.
when anthony bourdain took his own life, candace owens made a video where she blamed it on "pc culture" and the "culture of victimhood" and bragged about how because she was outspoken she wasn't prone to suicidal ideation

So do you really want to suggest her to a suicidal black woman on a suicide forum? like really dude? ...you still sure about her?

Do you have opinions about any of the other people on the list or does having her name there make you dismiss the entire list?

EDIT: Are you saying I claimed that people preferred their own race or were you speaking in a general way? Also, are you claiming I am pro racism in some way?
she might be worst in that list, but some of the others are hardly a beacon of light for minorities.

RE: preferring race - no this was generally aimed at anybody trying to make that claim. not you specifically, when i hit post comment it just added it to my previous post.

• Informative
Reactions: ForsakenDial, Heartaches and NumbItAll
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
No offence, but if your gonna draw for the black friends defence you'll have to give me numbers (how many black friends do you have that listen to these people?)
I have to ask because this is a super common talking point for racists online. not to tar you with that brush, but flags are already being raised when you immediately go for the black friend defence.
I am not drawing a defense for anything unless you are implying you are attacking me and in turn I need to defend myself? Then you follow it up with "this is a super common talking point for racists online... " Not even remotely sure what I could had said that would imply I was possibly racist? If telling people not to judge or make assumptions about others by the color of their skin, and instead engage in conversation with the individual, is consider racist, then okay, guilty as charged. I simply will not group people together and make assumptions about them as stated over and over again.

I have black friends and I respect their opinions just as I respect all the opinions of all individuals in real life or here. No, I do not need to prove anything to you no more than you need to prove your story to me. I take everyone here word for whatever their experiences are. I have asked questions and showed openness to conversation and discussion. Your reluctance to believe what I say, you condescending tone, your hinting towards potential malice on my part and how you aggressively phrased multiple things, I think it is best for us to peacefully ignore each other.

Best wishes and have a good day.

Reactions: user_name_here
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I hate my pale white skin. I tan almost every day (sometimes multiple times a day) to have a darker, healthy looking complexion. I went out with a Hispanic girl. She had perfect skin, and made me look even paler haha.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I hate my pale white skin. I tan almost every day (sometimes multiple times a day) to have a darker, healthy looking complexion. I went out with a Hispanic girl. She had perfect skin, and made me look even paler haha.
I realize that some here do not think about the future due to the obvious, but do take into consideration that you are damaging your skin. UVB light is very destructive and tanning beds blast you with it (Some beds and lighting technologies can be horrendous). The good news is that the paler your skin is, the less amount of UVB light you need to make a healthy dose of Vitamin D. The darker your skin, the more exposure. Dark skin individuals are often severely deficient which causes many problems. I can share a detail PDF document about what all Vitamin D affects and it is a LOT! Anyone is free to DM me for it.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I realize that some here do not think about the future due to the obvious, but do take into consideration that you are damaging your skin. UVB light is very destructive and tanning beds blast you with it (Some beds and lighting technologies can be horrendous). The good news is that the paler your skin is, the less amount of UVB light you need to make a healthy dose of Vitamin D. The darker your skin, the more exposure. Dark skin individuals are often severely deficient which causes many problems. I can share a detail PDF document about what all Vitamin D affects and it is a LOT! Anyone is free to DM me for it.
Thank you for that info and your concern. Luckily, it'll be lead poisoning and not skin cancer that does me in 👍

S

stoicseal

Jan 29, 2021
I get what you're saying here, but being black definitely makes it harder to date. Racism exists in society, and dating is not immune to it.
I feel like lots of my problems around my sense of self stem from my experiences of being a black woman. I used to get called an 'Oreo' a lot. Black on the outside, white on the inside. Ppl don't want to acknowledge the mental impact of racism yet though. I once heard someone say: 'I don't know how to make the world care about me as a black woman' and I relate to that a lot. It's a hard truth to swallow every day that I just don't matter. And tbh, there will be ppl who say: 'that's your own self loathing', but who taught me to hate myself?
"Who taught you to hate the color of your skin? Who taught you to hate the texture of your hair? Who taught you to hate the shape of your nose and the shape of your lips? Who taught you to hate yourself from the top of your head to the soles of your feet? Who taught you to hate your own kind?"
-Malcolm X

Reactions: Heartaches and texas_yellow_rose
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This bias is obvious everywhere so I'm not going to argue against its existence but I have seen plenty of people with darker skin tones that are gorgeous. I think it's just a disadvantage but not a decisive one.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I wish there was no racism in the world.

I think all people are beautiful and unique in their own way. It doesn't matter the color of their skin, or the color of their eyes, etc. What really matters and is lacking in this world are good beautiful ones on the inside.

The world has become so futile, with priorities on fleeting things. I wish I was born in another generation because I really don't identify with this one and how the world has become.

Reactions: ForsakenDial and come to dust
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Hispanic people (of European descent) are still typically light/white skinned, just with some tan. Dark complexions are African or South Asian. Do you truly wish you had such a dark complexion, or just a tanned but light European descent complexion?

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
It's not so much my skin tone that bothers me (I wish I was a little darker), but rather my entire body. I believe representation has played a significant part in this.

There's no doubting that white/paler folks receive the lion's share of public attention. When you do see other black individuals, they're usually attractive or have some sort of talent/gimmick that makes them notable (though I'm not painting them as a monolith, just stating what comes to mind). It may make you feel as if you have to completely change yourself in order to maintain some sense of self-acceptance.

I'll never have the physique of Rico Nasty, for example. The only other people I see who live the way I wish to live are sparse or white women.

But that's just my point-of-view.

Reactions: come to dust
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Hispanic people (of European descent) are still typically light/white skinned, just with some tan. Dark complexions are African or South Asian. Do you truly wish you had such a dark complexion, or just a tanned but light European descent complexion?
No, I'm not trying to look anything other than a tanned European. I'm proud of my heritage, but I think being tan is a better look for me. When I said I hate my pale skin, I just mean how much I have to put in to have a decent tan, and how fast that tan fades.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't hate myself because of my skin color, but I don't like my eyes. I wish they could be bigger and lighter. I've always liked blue and green eyes. Brown eyes are so boring. I wish I could have been white instead of (East) Asian

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I don't hate myself because of my skin color, but I don't like my eyes. I wish they could be bigger and lighter. I've always liked blue and green eyes. Brown eyes are so boring. I wish I could have been white instead of (East) Asian
me too but im south asian

Reactions: sserafim
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024

Brown eyes can be very beautiful. Sir George Ivan Morrison (a mid-twentieth century bard and Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) even wrote a famous ode to girls with brown eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotviolin and sserafim
sleepyforever

sleepyforever

Jun 18, 2023
im a pakistani trans fem girl, i used to sometimes pray that i woke up with white skin. all the social circles i inhabit are filled with white thin trans fems and it makes me feel awful about myself

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
The whites control the media, of course they'll use it for their own gain. Why wouldn't they want to boost their status while driving away competition by portraying POC in a negative light? I call it "mental steroids", white people's self-esteem get inflated whenever they watch their Hollywood movies of white protagonists saving the world from the evil POC characters.

Hey, when countries like Africa gain more power, they'll invest some of it into their own media and you'll gain better representation.

The world is becoming multipolar, the west will no longer have their hegemony in the future.