Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
This is a weird question and quite difficult for me to articulate clearly, but sometimes I experience a kind of intuition that allows me to feel out how a situation or circumstance is going to play out without much prior knowledge of specifics. It's akin to a little "voice" inside me that exists and when I listen to it, without too much emotion or expectation clouding this voice, the insight tends to be accurate. To be clear, I'm not talking about "knowing" in the sense of clairvoyance or how a psychic would experience it. But a kind of "knowing" for hidden/obfuscated details of a situation, or predicting certain future events. I also experience it somewhat regularly when it comes to reading people and a "knowing" as to what their future feelings, behavior, or intent are going to be. Does anyone here have this and know what I'm talking about?

This year I experienced this several times towards situations in my life that were quite unpredictable, uncertain, and unknowable - which treatment would fare best out of several options (this intuition was buried beneath much anxiety and depression), how a person in my life and their attitude would change on a specific decision, how a specific relationship between two friends would progress, etc. This intuition even led me predict one of my friends would eventually come out to themselves regarding same sex attraction, despite their initial statements that they were very much straight.

When it happens, I either want to explain it away by picking out the information that would lead most people to a logical conclusion; other times, this "knowing" can spook me because I arrived at such conclusions without much evidence, connecting info, or initial specifics.

Edit: To be clear, the "voice" in question is not like a human voice in my ear. I don't experience psychosis (not that there should be shame in that). Just more a knowing feeling, or a thought.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhiteRabbit and Dead Ghost
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
yeah, i relate it to my bpd. if you read the "positive traits" of bpd youll trip across a higher intuition then most to be one of them

Reactions: Mixo
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Never.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Yes, for me such "voices" are the thoughts of my alters. Some of my parts are quite insightful.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Yes! Many times I have experienced knowing things before they happen. It scared a few of my family and coworkers too. I

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Yes, certain people in the past have given me a bad gut feeling before I knew them and it turns out that they indeed were bad news. Also a few prophetic dreams here and there.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Not sure if it is the same. I sort of always have the feeling and sometimes real vivid day dream about how things would evolve, but it is always about bad scenarios. It can be quite detailed sometimes, down to dialogue and situations, not like voices but more like a real dream.