T

Tuumii

Worthless trash
Jan 26, 2020
I've had scoliosis pretty much my entire life, it's gotten a lot worse over time, it's not severe, it's rather mild, but I deal with a lot of back pain daily, especially when I'm trying to rest. My condition consists of left tilt scoliosis and rotoscoliosis of my pelvis and rib cage. When I'm trying to exercise, it makes it almost impossible to exercise the right side of my abs, obliques and hips. It's really irritating.

Does anyone have any experience with scoliosis exercises and do they actually work? I don't have the money, nor is my condition so severe to get professional treatment. I'm not sure what to do about it at this point. I just don't want it to get any worse at least.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't have scoliosis but I've had an anterior pelvic tilt since childhood, and exercises made a ton of difference. Decades of lower back pain gone, and muscles firing properly now that didn't before, such as glutes. Doing exercises for a month made significant improvement, and after three months I had major improvement. I highly recommend.

There are plenty of scoliosis videos on YouTube by physical therapists, so imo it's not necessary to get treatment. If you find a PT on YouTube you particularly like, they may have a website with a more detailed program. I actually found an online program for APT/crossed posture syndrome, paid for a month, got all the exercises, and cancelled the subscription. Then I supplemented it with videos from other PTs and made my own program.

For me, my back would seize up from standing too long or doing some kinds of housework, now I can cook for hours and do all the housework I need to. If I stiffen up because I haven't been doing the exercises and stretches, it only takes a few minutes of a few stretches to work it out and I can go back to what I was doing. I can't say enough how this changed my daily life for the better.

Reactions: SpareWheel