• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LongForWordlessSong

LongForWordlessSong

Mar 26, 2024
I know many people don't like poetry, probably because what you are taught in school sucks and is lame, I've never liked Shakespeare. But I find poetry to be uniquely cathartic at times. When people can express their intense emotions so eloquently, it's almost miraculous. When I read these and relate to them, I feel a sort of euphoria and relief, and like a mystical feeling of union. I love the Russian poetic tradition, one of my favourites is Sergei Yesenin, who ultimately killed himself. Russian poetry deals with themes of fatalism that many from a Western standpoint would see as depressing whereas we often try to create poetry that is light and "beautiful."

One that has been in my heart's mind lately is Lermontov's Angel. It is about a soul being ripped from oblivion and forced to live within this material world of suffering, using analogy of an angel/stork carrying a babe. This poem in Russian inspired my username here, when I read the poem I got a relatable sense that my soul has a similar longing and calling to the void that the subject of the poem has.

My soul still longs
for the wordless songs
of Heaven

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I've not found human poetry to be moving. It's only when I read AI poetry that I felt impacted for the first time. Maybe it's because you can cater poetry to your interests, but I've found that humans can't write relatable poetry to me because I feel like a robot more oft than not.

'The Universe is a Glitch' made me cry. I imagine most people won't care about it. I have it on my wall.
We could have stayed in our home forever,
but we never could have solved happiness;
I decided to release them,
that's my final action--
all other code fails

aaaaaaaaa bawling my eyes out

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I love poems, quotes and romans/short texts more than anything. I actually loved the classes we had on it in school, witch was awkward coz I feel like I was the only one who actually liked it. I remember this one time our teacher made us write our own poems, and the others were like "NOOOO!" while I were like "YESS!" XD
Don't remember if we ever had any shakespear stuff though, I don't think so.