• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

ihavenothingleft

Jul 30, 2023
I know that if I do it. I'll make sure I do it right so that it doesn't fail. But what does scare me is the thought of reincarnation. I don't want to come back as an animal or someone else who is in a much worse condition. But an animal is worse because everyday is a fight to survive and because they don't have there own thoughts everyday is just about survival. I'm quite scared I'll fail to as well tbh. And I dont want to do it in my house as it will destroy my family

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, maidens, hopesickndopeless and 4 others
amygdala

amygdala

hopeless
Mar 30, 2020
I've stressed about reincarnation before when considering ctb. I think for me I try to remember that I wouldn't have any memory of a past life if that were to happen.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hopesickndopeless, not-2-b-the-answer, caliban and 1 other person
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I actually like the thought.
One of the thoughts I wanna tell myself as I go is that I'll get to try again - I wish I could start over at earlier points in my life and do better.

I guess it'd be a different life.
In a way, getting more experiences sounds very interesting. The early parts of a life are most intriguing, most hopeful, usually.

Not that I'd be fully aware of this life.
But given how vivid my dreams are, I have often wondered if some are a window to a life past.

• Love
Reactions: sleepingintherain, not-2-b-the-answer, hhh_ and 4 others
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
While I don't believe in reincarnation myself, I can understand where your worries are coming from. I can also sympathize with your fear of failing. Both of these are completely reasonable things to worry about. Reincarnation implies that your spirit/ soul is transferred to another being, and that your memories, your life, your "sense of self" does not come with you. I wouldn't worry too much about this one since eventually you will have to face death, and you can't do anything about what happens after. As for fear of failing, as long as your method is sound and you carry it out properly, you shouldn't be worried about that. I understand not wanting to do it in your house. Depending on your method there are many other options- a hotel, a park/ forest/ somewhere far from civilization, your car, etc.
I truly am sorry for your pain and I hope you can rest a little easier after reading some of these responses. Best of luck on everything, bb

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and starlover
S

SeenMoreThanEnough

Student
Sep 16, 2022
I know that if I do it. I'll make sure I do it right so that it doesn't fail. But what does scare me is the thought of reincarnation. I don't want to come back as an animal or someone else who is in a much worse condition. But an animal is worse because everyday is a fight to survive and because they don't have there own thoughts everyday is just about survival. I'm quite scared I'll fail to as well tbh. And I dont want to do it in my house as it will destroy my family

Labelling the theory of reincarnation as "ridiculous" might be seen as dismissive or disrespectful to those who hold such beliefs. However, I can provide you with some arguments that people often bring up when discussing the potential difficulties or skepticism surrounding the concept of reincarnation:
  1. Lack of Empirical Evidence: One of the main challenges with the theory of reincarnation is the lack of concrete empirical evidence to support it. While many anecdotes and stories exist about people claiming to remember past lives, these accounts are difficult to verify and often rely on subjective experiences.
  2. Population Imbalance: Proponents of reincarnation suggest that souls are reborn into new bodies after death. However, the global population has been steadily increasing over time. This raises questions about where new souls are coming from and how the number of souls is regulated, especially considering that the number of living beings has grown so significantly.
  3. Lack of Continuity: Reincarnation implies that a soul moves from one body to another, retaining its identity and consciousness. However, this notion conflicts with our understanding of neuroscience and the brain's role in generating consciousness. There's no scientific evidence to support the idea that consciousness can exist independently of the brain or be transferred from one body to another.
  4. Inconsistent Memories: Some proponents of reincarnation claim to remember their past lives and offer detailed accounts. However, these memories are often inconsistent, vague, or influenced by cultural beliefs. Memory is highly fallible, and it's difficult to distinguish between actual memories of past lives and imaginative constructs.
  5. Cultural Influence: Belief in reincarnation is prevalent in certain cultures and religions, such as Hinduism and Buddhism. It's important to consider that beliefs in reincarnation might be influenced by cultural conditioning and religious teachings. Beliefs that are deeply ingrained in a culture's worldview can shape people's perceptions and memories.
  6. Reincarnation as Moral Judgment: Some versions of the theory of reincarnation suggest that the circumstances of a person's next life are determined by their actions in previous lives, implying a system of moral judgment. This raises ethical and logical questions about the fairness of such a system and the nature of punishment or reward across lifetimes.
It's worth noting that while many people find these arguments compelling, others have different perspectives. Beliefs in reincarnation often come from deeply held spiritual or religious convictions, and individuals may find personal meaning and comfort in such beliefs despite the challenges presented by these arguments. Ultimately, whether one considers the theory of reincarnation as "ridiculous" or not depends on their personal beliefs, cultural background, and willingness to engage with these philosophical and metaphysical questions.

TLDR: Relax.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and amygdala
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
Well, I'm the opposite. I wish reincarnation was real. I could start all over again, with a normal body, without all the traumas and messed up mind. Maybe I wouldn't have made the same mistakes and maybe I wouldn't have ended up where I am now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fractal, divinemistress36, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
xxyinyangxx

xxyinyangxx

Aug 23, 2023
Idk if I'm the only one who feels this way. But I feel like maybe if I was given another life it could be better. The thought of having another life doesn't scare me so much as continuing the life I'm living

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and leland
HoleintheDark

HoleintheDark

Writhing with the worms
Jul 12, 2023
Statistically speaking, one would become an ant, a fly, a worm, or some other small thing. Maybe even a microscopic organism. It'll take an eternity of short, simple lives before you become a complex creature like a mammal again. Even then, probably not one that can think on a similar level as humans. So I don't worry about reincarnation, as long as I'm not able to even think about the concept of it (if it ever actually happens).

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and GoingMyOwnWay
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
It's a terrifying concept. That on some level we are brought back to this planet in a new form to suffer once more. An endless cycle of it. Losing any knowledge we acquire. If reincarnation is the function after death, then I'd like to believe in the "escaping the soul trap" theories as well.

• Love
Reactions: hopesickndopeless and not-2-b-the-answer
I

I_Am_Trashman

Jun 4, 2018
"My only fear of death is reincarnation." - 2Pac

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and not-2-b-the-answer
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Not one bit. The dead simply become dirt. If I get miraculously get reincarnated, I will off myself in that life as well.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
endofafoxtwo

endofafoxtwo

silly red fox guy
May 1, 2023
Personally I find the concept of reincarnation comforting. I love life, despise humanity.
It's a terrifying concept. That on some level we are brought back to this planet in a new form to suffer once more. An endless cycle of it. Losing any knowledge we acquire. If reincarnation is the function after death, then I'd like to believe in the "escaping the soul trap" theories as well.
Who says all knowledge is lost? That is an odd assumption. You also assume that you cannot suffer between lives which is odd too.

Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
The thought of reincarnation is definitely horrible. I don't think it exists though, it's similar to the concept of God for me. This world doesn't have living beings at its center, it's wholly indifferent, so I don't think something like that is real.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i don't believe in the sense that your soul or spirit is somehow transferred into a new machine i believe everything you are gets destroyed upon your death, but i still believe this universe could potentially bring you alive into a brand new machine in the future since the universe is clearly creating something from nothing, i believe being alive is just down to random chance, if the universe was a simulation which it is clearly not do you really think life would be a one time thing

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and 87316
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
They say that there is heaven, and they also say that there are other worlds. There is no evidence for that. Why do I believe?

• Hugs
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
They say that there is heaven, and they also say that there are other worlds
i think heaven is a mad made concept thats based on a work of fiction, there's clearly at least another trillon planets out there in the universe as for how many have life on them that up for debate

starlover

starlover

Apr 28, 2023
There's no way to know what happens after we die. The only thing we know for sure is that we will die at some point in the future.

The way I see it, might as well believe in something that gives you comfort in facing death. For me I have a personal idea of "heaven." For someone else it can be whatever. Even nothing. It doesn't really matter so long as it brings you comfort, since death is the inevitable end no matter what and no one knows for sure what's on the other side, if anything.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of such a thing is so horrifying to me, it's disturbing the thought of being trapped in an eternal loop of suffering but I personally don't believe in it, to me it sounds completely fictional, I very strongly believe death to be the absence of everything, death comforts me as I believe it to simply be eternal nothingness.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ihavenothingleft and 87316
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I intend avoiding it by not going into the light

I'll sink the heavens while reaching for the dawn
Mar 1, 2023
I personally believe that after death, there is eternal nothingness, just like before you were born. Nothing exists and you're gone. If reincarnation was real however, i'm not scared. Obviously no one can remember anything from a 'past life', therefore either reincarnation doesn't exist, or you lose all memory of your previous lives. What would happen in my next life does not concern me - i will not be there. I'm not worried about becoming an animal, a homeless druggie or a sea cucumber. My current thoughts will not exist, so i couldn't care less what happens after i free myself from my suffering in this life. That's pretty much all that matters to me as i think of CTB.

• Hugs
MrSpaghetti

MrSpaghetti

Shoot me straight like whisky
Aug 22, 2023
Not at all, if that's whats waiting for me maybe ill have a "normal " brain in my next life.

• Hugs
Waterr

Waterr

The messiest Trans-Fem
Aug 21, 2023
I actually like the thought.
One of the thoughts I wanna tell myself as I go is that I'll get to try again - I wish I could start over at earlier points in my life and do better.

I guess it'd be a different life.
In a way, getting more experiences sounds very interesting. The early parts of a life are most intriguing, most hopeful, usually.

Not that I'd be fully aware of this life.
But given how vivid my dreams are, I have often wondered if some are a window to a life past.
Had you ever considered this mightve been your reincarnation? Your different life and different experience? Ive always wondered if there was such a thing as reincarnation, and if so whos to say we hadnt lived many times over, maybe lifes much more worth than this one even. I wonder if we're even experiencing such draught because our previous life was so happy and joyful, some sort of balance.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and LonelyKitten
I

ihavenothingleft

Jul 30, 2023
Idk if I'm the only one who feels this way. But I feel like maybe if I was given another life it could be better. The thought of having another life doesn't scare me so much as continuing the life I'm living
Yeah but the chances of it being much worse is also a possibility .let's face it. Your more likely to be born in to a poorer country then a richer one not only that animals give birth at a rate more then humans

• Aww..
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Had you ever considered this mightve been your reincarnation? Your different life and different experience? Ive always wondered if there was such a thing as reincarnation, and if so whos to say we hadnt lived many times over, maybe lifes much more worth than this one even. I wonder if we're even experiencing such draught because our previous life was so happy and joyful, some sort of balance.
Yes! Some of these vivid dreams I remember so well since childhood still - there's a few in particular that always come to mind.
They were at different, previous time periods in my birth country, so it kind of tracks that it could have been a past life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Waterr
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
Not to be disrespectful but it just will not happen. The end of the brain is the end of life. Nothing after that.

• Hugs
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I'm terrified of the thought of reincarnation. Even if I had another life with completely different circumstances, the world will still be just as ugly and fucked up as it was when I left it, and I can't watch this madness anymore. I don't ever want to come back here again.

• Love
Reactions: Elio24 and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
This terrifys me!!!
I don't want to come back and have to do this shit again. I was raised in the one and done belief but no one really knows what happens when we die. 😢

bio-paradox-nausea

bio-paradox-nausea

All the worlds a stage
Aug 26, 2023
I don't consider it to be true. I recently saw this video from an Egyptian atheist which made me even more convinced we are nothing more than bunch of chemicals and we wont wake up again. The original reincarnation concept was invented by Hindus to justify their discrimination based on caste system.

• Aww..
Reactions: 2806, 》|□-◇-□|《 H 》 《 R 》 and not-2-b-the-answer
N

nom de guerre

Aug 22, 2023
No. Death is final.

• Hugs
P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
If you were to be reincarnated, is that truly a worse reality than the one you currently reside? Outside of other apes (orangutans, chimps, gorillas) animals are able to suffer mentally but a fraction of a percent of what humans are. Sure you may be instinctually focused on survival, but is that not a good thing? Nothing else to worry about. Something traumatic happens to you, it will have far less impact on you than if you were a human. I don't believe in reincarnation, but the idea of living another life is far more appealing to me in comparison to continuing to live this one.

• Hugs