All an illusion

All an illusion

Jul 13, 2019
Even as a little kid i felt like this "reality" was off. I never wanted to conform to societies bullshit and didn't care for any of it. Am i off or does anyone agree with me? Just seems like we were put here for bigger and better things as opposed to be mindless drones who work for the system.

• Love
Reactions: Marian, Xaphous, Black_Knight and 7 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yes. It has to be.
But no, we are not meant for better things; that is part of the programming, the neurological carrot dangled before you to keep you going, keep you struggling for that imaginary better thing. That's how the system keeps the slaves docile and working.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGL91, Black_Knight, Echoko and 5 others
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I've felt like an alien on this planet for a long time. But there is no mothership coming for me. Can't remember who said it but the quote is something like 'reality is just a collective hunch.'

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamon9326, Heliochrome, Broken Chimera and 3 others
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
I'm not sure it would matter if it was a simulation or some definition of "real" life. To us it's the same either way.

Maybe once you check out of this life you'll see behind the curtain at what is really there, but otherwise I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Reactions: Intelligent_Lobster
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Even as a little kid i felt like this "reality" was off. I never wanted to conform to societies bullshit and didn't care for any of it. Am i off or does anyone agree with me? Just seems like we were put here for bigger and better things as opposed to be mindless drones who work for the system.
Sounds like you might have a little derealization or depersonalization disorder.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Sounds like you might have a little derealization or depersonalization disorder.
Feeling like everything in the world is a fat stupid lie is no disorder, if everything in the world really is a fat stupid lie.
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is not king; he is sectioned and called delusional for seeing what others can't."

Reactions: DreamCatcher, Broken Chimera, cryptic_cynic and 1 other person
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Feeling like everything in the world is a fat stupid lie is no disorder, if everything in the world really is a fat stupid lie.
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is not king; he is sectioned and called delusional for seeing what others can't."

I've had extreme forms of derealization and depersonalization disorder in the past. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Reactions: not_a_robot
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019

I have a strong depersonalization and I thought that we live in some kind of simulation, in virtual reality.

I had about such a crazy idea: I assumed that there was some kind of network (like the Internet) and everything around (including people) is part of it, like websites on the Internet. Something that is called human consciousness is a computer program, 0 and 1, it connects from this network to self-replicating drones (human bodies). I also assumed that the most valuable thing in a human being, what is unique for everyone, is his memory, experience, and it is stored in this network, synchronizes with the "cloud" when people sleep (does sleep somehow affect memory?). I thought that the whole world is of a digital nature, that the fundamental basis is information.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, Lavendel, Deleted member 4288 and 1 other person
Leesap

Leesap

Jul 5, 2019
Always. Like, is it a game from somewhere? After reading about that woman that fell on a metal sipping straw and died, I feel more convinced than ever.

Reactions: Heliochrome, jake3d and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I have a strong depersonalization and I thought that we live in some kind of simulation, in virtual reality.

I had about such a crazy idea: I assumed that there was some kind of network (like the Internet) and everything around (including people) is part of it, like websites on the Internet. Something that is called human consciousness is a computer program, 0 and 1, it connects from this network to self-replicating drones (human bodies). I also assumed that the most valuable thing in a human being, what is unique for everyone, is his memory, experience, and it is stored in this network, synchronizes with the "cloud" when people sleep (does sleep somehow affect memory?). I thought that the whole world is of a digital nature, that the fundamental basis is information.
Fundamentally yes. Not so refined yet. But soon.
Shh.
12039454 0 image m 75 1554794483777

All an illusion

All an illusion

Jul 13, 2019
Yes. It has to be.
But no, we are not meant for better things; that is part of the programming, the neurological carrot dangled before you to keep you going, keep you struggling for that imaginary better thing. That's how the system keeps the slaves docile and working.
So in your opinion why are we here? Are we just to be experimented on? I still hold on hope that our infinite consciousness is what binds us together...I know that many people see him as a kook but i agree with his motto "Infinite love is the only truth. everthing else is an illusion" - David Icke

All an illusion

All an illusion

Jul 13, 2019
What kind of bullshit?
Well for 1, we're born in a world of supposed abundance...no one in this world should go without food, clothing and shelter....whether you "work" for it or not. Just my opinion.

Reactions: cryptic_cynic
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Does anyone feel like this is a matrix/illusion?

No, sadly this is reality. As much as we know it, that is.

I don't think we human beings can ever know the reality of the world. Our brains, perceptions and consciousness are not built to. We understand the world differently to its reality. I think we want to understand in terms of categories, structure and stability. We don't comprehend fluidity and change, things never being the same thing twice.

There's no illusion, unless you mean illusion as a metaphor. We simply don't 'get' the world we live in.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
]
So in your opinion why are we here? Are we just to be experimented on? I still hold on hope that our infinite consciousness is what binds us together...I know that many people see him as a kook but i agree with his motto "Infinite love is the only truth. everthing else is an illusion" - David Icke
Wellll, infinite consciousness will bind us, but in digital form. It will not be what we want, there will be no individuality tolerated(except when it is useful propaganda to keep you all hoping, hoping, hoping). It will be controlled more by propaganda programming than by force. Similar to now just more refined.
"Purpose", who ever said we have a purpose? Life originated spontaneously from organic chaos and it merely replicates it's program to the point of absurdity til it can't anymore, like every species that has gone extinct before us. We are not special. We are useful to a larger system of life, that does not mean we, or it, have any "purpose" for existing; we simply do.

• Love
Reactions: 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Well for 1, we're born in a world of supposed abundance...no one in this world should go without food, clothing and shelter....whether you "work" for it or not. Just my opinion.
It's just societal bullshit phase used so often I'm not catching up it's meaning anymore; not sure I ever was.
It will be controlled more by propaganda programming than by force. Similar to now just more refined.
Yes, yes... Well said. Sounds... plausible, even though the reason is not apparent, but I can sense it's glow behind the curtain. Like a cell in complex life forms? Just your average Jane or Joe, doing one's job.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
We all experience our individual reality. There is no objective reality

cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
It's not just you. I honestly feel like I'm living in a nightmare all the time. The way things are and the way people behave just seems so bizarre to me. I've been observing people my whole life, and have never felt like I was one of them.

Reactions: Xaphous, Heliochrome, Broken Chimera and 1 other person
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
It's not just you. I honestly feel like I'm living in a nightmare all the time. The way things are and the way people behave just seems so bizarre to me. I've been observing people my whole life, and have never felt like I was one of them.
I feel this so much. The longer I'm around them the more I'm like "Are we even the same species?" It's like they're copies of the same person. I hate the hive mind that they operate from. Rarely any uniqueness about any of them.

A scientist once said that the matrix is a documentary. I thought he hit the bong too hard, but the longer I live the more I see it and the less I want to be apart of it.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, cryptic_cynic and Heliochrome
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
There is no objective reality

If by "objective" you mean something perceivable by human beings then I agree. I think there is a reality though, just not one we can comprehend because, as I said above, we are not 'built' to. The world we understand , the one we construct in our heads, is not the real world. Who knows what the real world is like?

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot and Vegrau
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes I began to sense something was not right early in life. Especially as a kid in the public school system. I wondered why am I being forced to come here? I'm so uncomfortable, bored, stressed, hungry, can hardly pay attention. This is torture lol! I knew on some level this cannot be right. You would want the environment to be somewhere most kids are eager to go not forced to go. Where you are stimulated properly and comfortable. You actually learn about things that prevent u from making terrible adult decisions. I mean if you are going to hold kids hostage for all those hours daily at least teach some real useful life skills and actual factual knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Broken Chimera and Laststop
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Yes and it's rigged

• Hugs
Reactions: Going Home and not_a_robot
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I've thought about it a bit, since The Matrix came out. I don't believe it's really like that. If anything, we're in a World controlled by people of wealth and power. But, as we can see from elections in the US, they don't have complete control. Or, I don't think. Another happier prospect is an episode of that TV show Black Mirror on Netflix. I've only seen a half dozen episodes, or so. But there was one where your conscience gets uploaded into virtual world so realistic, you can't tell it isn't real. Except you can have things the way you want them. Unlike out here. Even if it is a Matrix, it sucks like the regular old World.