Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
So after me being in the hospital for vomiting blood, I kind of miss the doctor who treated me even though I saw him for like 2 seconds. Anyone else get this way?

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Epsilon0, Woodnote, mediocre and 4 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes. I do. Not that extreme as you describe, but i attach pretty easy to someone who's nice to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Isisnefert, WinterFaust and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Yep, over every single person I meet. I got jealous that my female psychiatrist had a husband and kids, that my friends have other friends, the list goes on. As soon as someone interacts with me I get attached.

Reactions: Woodnote, WinterFaust and Squiddy
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Is the BPD being discussed here bi-polar disorder, or borderline personality disorder? I only ask as I've seen a few people over the years with one or the other that use BPD to describe themselves.

Reactions: Oyoy
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I used to think I met some criteria for BPD - so I guess this question applies. But honestly, no - I don't feel attached to people as much anymore because I know most of them are not worth the time. As soon as they're done trying to seek me out for whatever resource they're trying to obtain - whether it's emotional or material - and the exchange is done, I couldn't care less. It sounds horrible, but after being disappointed and let down so many times, you start to learn that attachment is a one-way ticket to hell if you're hypersensitive to rejection/abandonment.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Deleted member 17331
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
It only happens with men for me, which probably says a lot about who I am lol. Some guy shows me a sliver of kindness and compassion, even if it's just an occupational thing like a nurse or a crisis volunteer, and the most borderline parts of my brain are like "but why can't we get married??" It's happened a few times with members here too!

I can't imagine how difficult this would be if I actually took it seriously and didn't realize it's just my brain playing tricks on me again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, voyager, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Is the BPD being discussed here bi-polar disorder, or borderline personality disorder? I only ask as I've seen a few people over the years with one or the other that use BPD to describe themselves.
Borderline personality disorder

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Yeah usually BD is bipolar disorder
That's exactly what I've said in the past. Bipolar or bi-polar, only needs the B. So many write BPD though, or at least English people I've seen online do.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
That's exactly what I've said in the past. Bipolar or bi-polar, only needs the B. So many write BPD though, or at least English people I've seen online do.
Yeah idk why they write BPD. Maybe they don't know about Borderline

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Yeah idk why they write BPD. Maybe they don't know about Borderline
To be fair neither did I til around 5/6 years ago, made friends with a girl that suffers badly with it and got a real insight. Most unhappy person I've ever come across.

GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I do. I hate this diagnosis. before this I thought I just made friends easily and loved my family. Now I have to question every thought and feeling I have. Cant even be around family anymore I don't trust anyone. Fuck bpd and whoever came up with it

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and BabyYoda
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Estamos acostumbrados a que nos hieran que cuando alguien es amable lo confundimos con amistad

funeraleveryday

funeraleveryday

please help me die
May 16, 2020
my BPD isn't like this, I'm a big internalizer and isolator and I shut off to everyone until they give me a reason to love them. but if you show me love and affirm to me you love me then I will go insane if you stop making me feel loved... sometimes it makes me wonder if I'm actually BPD or if I'm just C-PTSD/schizoaffective/attachment injury. but it all exists on a spectrum so I'm likely mostly discouraged BPD who hides and camouflages to 99.9% of the world

CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
I usually cling to people I've just met if they're showing me any form of positive attention. They feel like the most amazing person on the planet and I love them so passionately. If there's any red flags I can't see them because I'm too busy worshiping the ground they walk on. I can get very upset if the tone of the conversation changes because I instantly think I must have done something wrong and I'm and awful person and I don't deserve somebody so superior in my life.