Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Not my main reason for wanting to ctb, but I have a really bad phobia of Asian beetles (they look like ladybugs, but they're not and can bite and leave a horrible smell when crushed). They're coming to where I live in about a month and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I hate the way they look and feel and they make a lot of noise banging their shell against the wall. One more reason I feel I have to leave this world before they show up. What's your phobia?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pho3nix, Ghost2211, please_kill_me and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
not why i want to die (but will probably end up killing me whether i want it to or not) needles. i just cant without completely panicking

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, purplesmoothie and 2 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Scorpions and Arizona recluses(look like brown recluses) Relatively new to Arizona. Haven't encountered the spiders yet, but shared a shower with a baby bark scorpion a month or two back. Nearly had a heart attack. Don't even get me started on crane fly season....

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and Squiddy
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Not really to the point of a reason but I have horrible arachnophobia

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and Squiddy
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I have arachnophobia too. I put bug killer granules around my house a couple times a year. I sleep with a gallon of Ortho Home Defense in my room.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, Squiddy and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
So this is weird and I'm not sure it really counts as an answer here, but this is one of the things I really struggle with. It's not my main reason or only reason, but it's definitely a factor.

A few years ago, I had breast cancer. No matter how many clean checkups I have, I'm convinced it'll come back any day now. I'm so terrified of the possibility, I'd rather just kill myself than live with the threat anymore. (I fully realize how stupid this is.)

My doctors scare me, the oncology clinic paralyzes me... It's definitely phobia level. I've been diagnosed with PTSD, and it's just really bad. I can't think about it too deeply or it feels like my mind will shatter.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and _Kaira_
please_kill_me

please_kill_me

Oct 7, 2020
Not my main reason for wanting to ctb, but I have a really bad phobia of Asian beetles (they look like ladybugs, but they're not and can bite and leave a horrible smell when crushed). They're coming to where I live in about a month and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I hate the way they look and feel and they make a lot of noise banging their shell against the wall. One more reason I feel I have to leave this world before they show up. What's your phobia?
I understand a lot, im afraid of almost everything I know even clouds man....Mother fucking clouds like wtf. But yeah I just love whit my fears and sometimes my psychologist says that I can't be like this forever or I'll end up in my house forever but that's cause he sometimes forgets that I'm afraid of being home too :/ good luck with that sorry idk how to help u cause I'm in the same situation.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kurororo, Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
So this is weird and I'm not sure it really counts as an answer here, but this is one of the things I really struggle with. It's not my main reason or only reason, but it's definitely a factor.

A few years ago, I had breast cancer. No matter how many clean checkups I have, I'm convinced it'll come back any day now. I'm so terrified of the possibility, I'd rather just kill myself than live with the threat anymore. (I fully realize how stupid this is.)

My doctors scare me, the oncology clinic paralyzes me... It's definitely phobia level. I've been diagnosed with PTSD, and it's just really bad. I can't think about it too deeply or it feels like my mind will shatter.

I don't think this is strange at all, or stupid either. It is a legitimate concern even when at five or six plus years of being in remission.

Reactions: SunnyDaze, Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Cockroaches lol

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I don't think this is strange at all, or stupid either. It is a legitimate concern even when at five or six plus years of being in remission.
Thanks. I guess it's just that it doesn't make much sense to be like I'm afraid the thing is going to kill me so I'm going to kill me first. Also, why the hell did I endure all that awful treatment to just not survive anyway? It's confusing.

• Hugs
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Experience tells me the lungs and bones are important to get checked.. if you have concerns while in remission. Of course, look at the liver and labs to see what the bloodwork results have to say.

If it was an aggressive type to begin with?

I personally recommend a full body PET scan if someone hasn't and are wanting extra reassurance over time.

A positron emission tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test that helps reveal how your tissues and organs are functioning. A PET scan uses a radioactive drug (tracer) to show this activity. This scan can sometimes detect disease before it shows up on other imaging tests.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and k75
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
I fear the dead. To overcome my fear I must join them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kurororo, Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Experience tells me the lungs and bones are important to get checked.. if you have concerns while in remission. Of course, look at the liver and labs to see what the bloodwork results have to say.

If it was an aggressive type to begin with?

I personally recommend a full body PET scan if someone hasn't and are wanting extra reassurance over time.

A positron emission tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test that helps reveal how your tissues and organs are functioning. A PET scan uses a radioactive drug (tracer) to show this activity. This scan can sometimes detect disease before it shows up on other imaging tests.
I'm actually trying to convince them to do a new PET scan, and there's a weird reluctance I don't understand. In fact, they refused to give me another one after my initial diagnosis, and I think that's weird. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks where I'm bringing that up. Dreading it so much, but I have to. My dad currently has cancer, so I'm hoping I can use that as leverage.

My cancer was super aggressive and hormone negative, so I can't even take meds to try to lower my risk. And I tested positive for the BRCA mutation, so it's definitely not an unfounded fear I have. But my whole medical team says I am fine and shouldn't worry so much. I'm doing great... It's frustrating. I have other issues involving my pancreas and liver, and it's easy to start thinking it's really cancer. Plus, I get MRIs and other tests often for that, which makes me worry I'm going to get sick from radiation exposure anyway. Just a horrible loop. I want to hide and never see another doctor again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Deleted member 4993
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm actually trying to convince them to do a new PET scan, and there's a weird reluctance I don't understand. In fact, they refused to give me another one after my initial diagnosis, and I think that's weird. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks where I'm bringing that up. Dreading it so much, but I have to. My dad currently has cancer, so I'm hoping I can use that as leverage.

My cancer was super aggressive and hormone negative, so I can't even take meds to try to lower my risk. And I tested positive for the BRCA mutation, so it's definitely not an unfounded fear I have. But my whole medical team says I am fine and shouldn't worry so much. I'm doing great... It's frustrating. I have other issues involving my pancreas and liver, and it's easy to start thinking it's really cancer. Plus, I get MRIs and other tests often for that, which makes me worry I'm going to get sick from radiation exposure anyway. Just a horrible loop. I want to hide and never see another doctor again.

gBRCAmutation, HERII-neg, hormone negative is a triple negative? I would insist on a new scan if it were me. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
gBRCAmutation, HERII-neg, hormone negative is a triple negative? I would insist on a new scan if it were me. Sorry to hear about your Dad.
Yep, I was triple negative and pretty young. I'm impressed you knew that. I rarely bother specifying, because most people don't even realize there are different types. I'm intending to insist, but really I'll probably just do what I always do and have a panic attack instead. I postponed this appointment for something like 18 months due to fear.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and Spitfire
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
[QUOTE = "Squiddy, post: 914398, membro: 10337"]
Não é o meu principal motivo para querer ctb, mas tenho uma fobia muito forte de besouros asiáticos (eles parecem joaninhas, mas não são e podem morder e deixar um cheiro horrível quando esmagados). Eles virão para onde moro daqui a cerca de um mês e não estou ansioso por isso. Eu odeio a aparência e sensação deles e eles fazem muito barulho batendo sua concha contra a parede. Mais uma razão pela qual sinto que devo deixar este mundo antes que eles apareçam. Qual é a sua fobia?
[/CITAR]
Tem fobia de aranhas, e sim você deveria ter deixado este mundo há muito tempo. Por que não resolve se matar hoje mesmo?
I tried to put in Spanish to English translator, but I couldn't translate it

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
[QUOTE = "Squiddy, post: 914398, membro: 10337"]
Não é o meu principal motivo para querer ctb, mas tenho uma fobia muito forte de besouros asiáticos (eles parecem joaninhas, mas não são e podem morder e deixar um cheiro horrível quando esmagados). Eles virão para onde moro daqui a cerca de um mês e não estou ansioso por isso. Eu odeio a aparência e sensação deles e eles fazem muito barulho batendo sua concha contra a parede. Mais uma razão pela qual sinto que devo deixar este mundo antes que eles apareçam. Qual é a sua fobia?
[/CITAR]
Tem fobia de aranhas, e sim você deveria ter deixado este mundo há muito tempo. Por que não resolve se matar hoje mesmo?
Is that Portuguese? Dude, if you're saying what I think you said, that's very uncool.

StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
WTF???????

Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
I have a phobia of cockroaches but it has nothing to do with me wanting to CTB. I've lived in hot countries where they grow massive and they fly too. Even thinking about them makes me shudder.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy