• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UnfeelingVoid

UnfeelingVoid

Black Hole
Jul 21, 2023
For a long time until a few days ago, I was a frequent Discord user who used the site as a way to portray myself as my ideal appearance, personality, and way of talking. As a guy with gender dysphoria, I tried using it as a way to deal with the uncomfortable feelings of being uncomfortable as myself, but it was so pleasant that I began using it obsessively for months until I deleted my account.

Has anyone else done something similar through things like VR, Discord, Twitter, etc.?

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
No but I use a virtual platform to escape reality. I prefer online/the virtual world to real life and the real world

• Hugs
Reactions: cupcakesandmilk
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Done this multiple times throughout my life but never realised why I did until recently. Hadnt done anything like that for a good 5 years but about a year ago I did it again on Instagram but recently just got quite angry and disgusted with myself for no reason and deleted it all.

• Love
Headspace Dweller

Headspace Dweller

Close your eyes and you'll leave this dream
Nov 2, 2023
I've done this for ages, since before I had a word for dysphoria. Even before I had broadband internet and still had dial-up - I had a few geocities character shrines that I'd keep up to date and use to connect with people through email. The emails I sent were always under a male alias of some kind. It helped a lot, for what it's worth.

Most recently, I play FFXIV.

IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
I used make characters in MMOs as my true gender rather than that assigned at birth, and used my true gender on forums etc. I think that doing such things is actually being more honest, as you're showing who you are on the inside, rather than your physical gender.

• Hugs
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
yes you are definitely not alone i also do this... :( i wish i could be how i wanted...

• Love
MarsProxy

MarsProxy

Nov 27, 2023
My sister says that VR Chat helps with her dysphoria. I'm not sure how my partner dealt with his. He never talked about it.

• Hugs
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I did that from the time I came out (which was 8 years before I finally got to start HRT and legally transition). Back then, I was too scared to introduce myself to anyone irl as my real name, but online I could do so easily. So I existed NOWHERE on the internet as my deadname. I was even part of a Discord group where no one knew what I looked or sounded like, just my chosen name and therefore that I was a girl, it was nice.