Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
Sometimes I think that the things that happened to me these last years is karma and I am paying for the things that I did wrong some time or the kind of person that I was as a teenager. Sometimes when I cry I apologize for the things or people that I could hurt. I get to think that sometimes I even deserve to feel miserable and that everything is a punishment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Metalhead, Mr2005, EmptyManForever and 18 others
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Sometimes I think that the things that happened to me these last years is karma and I am paying for the things that I did wrong some time or the kind of person that I was as a teenager. Sometimes when I cry I apologize for the things or people that I could hurt. I get to think that sometimes I even deserve to feel miserable and that everything is a punishment.
I can relate to this. Though I was abused as a child and teenager, so all that I did in relationships (manipulation, etc) came out of trauma. But sometimes I wonder if the pain I'm suffering is due to karma. That this is, indeed, a punishment. Are you depressed?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: FatalSystemError591, purplesmoothie, crybaby and 3 others
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
"I don't believe in Karma. If it were real I would never win." - The Gambler (Path of Exile).

Reactions: crybaby, Bct, Leshen and 1 other person
Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
I can relate to this. Though I was abused as a child and teenager, so all that I did in relationships (manipulation, etc) came out of trauma. But sometimes I wonder if the pain I'm suffering is due to karma. That this is, indeed, a punishment. Are you depressed?
I've been depressed for a long time and looking for a way to go in peace. what worries me the most is to normalize being sad all the time nobody deserves to live that way

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, EraseRewind, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
it depends. part of me believes it's all karma for something I did in a past life (even though I don't really believe in those, go figure), but lately i've realized that actually, I'm a horrible human person, so maybe it's karma for something i did in this life but my brain is not letting me remember/realize what

• Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, purplesmoothie, EraseRewind and 3 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, I get this. Whether being punished for wrongdoings in this life, or maybe being punished for wrongdoings in past lives.
Whatever it is, there must be a reason why we become conscious humans at some point in the history of the universe, why we are born as a particular person in time with conscious experiences.
13.8 billion years after the big bang, we awaken on earth, we suffer, everything appears to be random and meaningless and tragic. This cannot just be the end of the story.
There must be an underlying rationale to this, what david bohm called the implicate order. Something more fundamental at work.
Whether it is a metaphysical process, a purposeful unfolding of quantum mechanical laws, the will of a supernatural mind, whatever. It cannot just be meaningless suffering. I refuse to accept that.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlevanillaballoon, So-lowgid, theboiwhostilllived and 3 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I do. I feel like being mean when I was younger and failing to take opportunities or care about anything has built up some wall of negativity that I need to break down before I can actually make progress. In reality I don't think this is the case, but it feels like it at times.

Reactions: parasytes_ and Mgl91
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I did use to believe that there was just no reason for it, but things came up one after another, after another, after another… to the point where now, there's no way it's not for a reason

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Mgl91
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Totally. I'm paying for being weak, stupid and making all the wrong decisions I could have made. I was also dealt a shitty hand at birth so that dont help.

Reactions: asdasan and Mgl91
RRH

RRH

Student
Jan 5, 2019
Absolutely. I acted horrible to some of my friends last year and made a lot of bad choices. I think Karma has come back to bite me.

Reactions: Mgl91
parasytes_

parasytes_

Jul 14, 2020
Most definitely OP. It's hard for me to admit, but I think what I'm experiencing now is what I get for just being an insufferable person. I've made so many mistakes and bad choices, and have mistreated so many people. I first started to feel that the world really wanted me to just die or kill myself at one point in time in the past, and I honestly regret not doing it back then.

Reactions: grasping_at_straws, Random and Mgl91
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I don't really believe in karma but damn I have the worst luck posdible. I have done nothing particularly wrong or bad to anyone except lashing out and revenge on my abusers..but they deserved it. I have bpd so I have bad mood swings and misplaced anger towards innocent people like family members. I often wonder if I'm cursed or something...like my purpose in this world was to suffer. Intend obsolescence built into the system.

Reactions: Random, So-lowgid and Mgl91
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Yes I m responsible for my situation ... I have dug my own grave

• Aww..
Reactions: Random, Metalhead, Mgl91 and 1 other person
little froggie

little froggie

it's okay, i don't like me either </3
Jul 21, 2020
i def know what it's like to feel like u deserve to be miserable.. it sucks. i might sound like a hypocrite cuz i legit hate my guts lol but nobody is perfect, everyone has done awful things. and imo-- no matter what you've done, it doesn't make u deserve to truly suffer pointlessly any more than the next person. it sounds like u rly care a lot, ppl who care a lot are more vulnerable to suffering pain. ik it can be crazy tough getting over past mistakes tho.. i hope you can find a way to get through this

life sucks enough as it is with the world against u, it's overkill to pit yourself against you as well <3

M

Mitokondrium

Jun 9, 2020
I used to, but not really any more. For years I was sure that I deserved everything I got, but looking back, I am pretty sure I was not such a bad person, just someone who went through horrible things.

E

Exhausted1705

Jun 11, 2020
Me too. You are not alone

C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
I've come to realise karma is both real but also totally internal that is to say manifestations of negative outcomes from conscience, neuroticism, avoidance etcetc

Reactions: Xocoyotziin and Mgl91
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020

I don't think it's fair to do this to yourself. Especially if you've grown into another person through the years. Shame is acceptable for the person you once were, but why complain about the paint you had before? Over the years you've grown, applied more layers to yourself. I'm not saying "get over it," but personally, i don't believe life has anything against you.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm not a believer of karma, so no I don't believe that I am paying for the wrongdoings nor anyone really. Sometimes bad people get away scot free while the good people are mercilessly punished by unfortunate event after unfortunate event. I think the only things guaranteed in life, at least in this existence is death and taxes.

Reactions: lostangel
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm not a believer of karma, so no I don't believe that I am paying for the wrongdoings nor anyone really. Sometimes bad people get away scot free while the good people are mercilessly punished by unfortunate event after unfortunate event. I think the only things guaranteed in life, at least in this existence is death and taxes.
But maybe the bad people 'getting away scot free' will somehow repay their wrongdoing in another life, and good people getting punished are actually paying for wrongdoings in past lives?
I don't know if karma exists, but it is natural to think that things somehow must balance out in the universe.

EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
I agree that there is some sort of Karma, I'm not sure what religion/spiritual base it has but I believe that I have and am paying for the poor behaviour I have been responsible for. There were not many very bad examples against other people but where they were bad they were bad and my last period of very bad stuff happened during the worse of my drinking and I lost the respect and brought shame on my family. I know that I'm paying for that and I may never balance the books.

While I was in the worst of my addiction I was not a nice person but I had money, some power and a lot of arrogance so I didn't care then. I guess that what goes around comes around and maybe I can't complain.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Yes, absolutely. I see this as THE reason for my pain.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't believe in karma. Far too often I've witnessed good people suffer and bad people profit.

Reactions: Jojo81
strawberryfield

strawberryfield

Jul 10, 2020
definitely. i've always been a bad person so now i'm getting what i deserve

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I don't believe in karma. Far too often I've witnessed good people suffer and bad people profit.
But karma supposedly works across many lifetimes. Someone could do bad things, but only experience the effects of karmic punishment after reincarnation, not during the lifetime where they did the bad things.
I'm not saying I believe it or that it's logical (If you can't remember who you were or what you did in a previous life, then what sense is there in being punished?), just that the karmic effects of bad or good acts come after death and rebirth. Unless I am wrong and have misunderstood it.

Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
Sometimes I have the thought of being a serial killer or something in a past life and this is karma. It's nothing I seriously believe, but if it were true my pain would be justified.

Reactions: Leshen and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, absolutely. I see this as THE reason for my pain.
But do you believe you are being punished for bad things you did in this life, or in past lives that you cannot remember?
I tend to think that I am somehow being punished for bad things I did in past lives that I cannot remember, though I have no evidence for this and in some ways it seems illogical if I'm not the same person and don't remember.
Sometimes I have the thought of being a serial killer or something in a past life and this is karma. It's nothing I seriously believe, but if it were true my pain would be justified.
Yes, I think the same sometimes. Like, maybe I did really bad things in a past life and my suffering is some sort of cosmic justice.

Last edited:
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Maybe we're in hell or some kind of a twisted simulation, but I don't really think that's true. As humans we have the need for justice, we want to believe that there's something more to our existence than... this. So we come up with those crazy ideas about karma, reincarnation or hell, but it's probably just all in our heads.

I often have a feeling that I was someone else before, but now I'm this thing that isn't really me, this world doesn't seem real, existence is like a bad dream I can't wake up from... but that's probably just dissociation, right?
"I don't believe in Karma. If it were real I would never win." - The Gambler (Path of Exile).
Oh, a fellow PoE player! xD

asdasan

asdasan

Carbon Monoxide
Mar 7, 2019
Totally. I'm paying for being weak, stupid and making all the wrong decisions I could have made. I was also dealt a shitty hand at birth so that dont help.

my thoughts exactly

Reactions: XYZ