T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
For the past 10 years or so I've been dealing with extreme stress. Like extreme extreme. It gotten worse when I tried to join the military and couldn't because I'm autistic. And that caused me to look into why I was having such a hard time in the job market. like prior I was blaming myself, but I couldn't figure out even with several degrees, been in newspapers for doing good things, and so on. Why was it that others who didn't even do an ounce of what I did was getting really really really really far ahead of me. Why they were able to get the job, keep the job, and so on. I found out 85% of autistic people with a degree doesn't have a job, only 12% of us can even make enough to live off of, that we are one of the if not the most discriminated group out there. Like I thought my experience with extreme workplace harassment and so on was just me, but looking into it the fact is, it's extremely common with those who are autistic. That autistic is one of the highest likely to offing ourselves (even more if you're high functioning).

Anyways, I asked around a while back on some things I've experienced after my last degree and many pointed out I'm most likely dealing with autistic burnout. This is much much much worse than normal burnout, and the person might never recover. Like with me, it has gotten so bad that I only have enough brainpower to make logical choices a few hours a day at best, and it's so bad it's extremely dangerous for me to drive. Like as a passenger I a few times seen a red light and kept wondering why it was red, what it meant, and I forgot you can crash into cars ahead of you. Like if I was driving those few times I would've 100% wrecked. Even doing basic things like an email, during the start I might sound good. But towards the end I might sound like a complete idiot.

Now I notice any small stress I might be in, my anxiety shoots up. Like to the point I start throwing up. I'm wondering if this has to deal with extreme stress for a long time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, it makes sense!
My stress because of overthinking and overworking (I love my job anyway) gives me lots of anxiety.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Absolutely. Stress is even enough to trigger schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, if we are constantly stressed or overwhelmed, if our brain is in the fight or flight mode, this can lead to long term mental problems. I think that constant stress changes the way our mind functions and can be damaging. I had extreme anxiety as a teenager and this was triggered by stress.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Of course it does, as much as we'd like to believe it doesn't because deep down we know that real stress is the hardest illness to fight and spreads into every part of your life once it sets in. Those of us who've truly been destroyed by life know how stress effects the body and mind.
If you're constantly put down to feeling sad, scared, guilty, all these horrible states it eventually manifests physically.

To keep people productive, and stupid the elite have rigged it so the theories are if your stressed its your fault and you need to work even harder and accept your suffering to make it go away.
When in fact they weigh us down with all sorts of pains so we feel false guilt for the prettiest of things like not smiling at that person in time or putting the wrong spoon in the tray at buffet.

Life isn't fair. It's very very cruel, wicked and evil in fact.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Yes, stress can cause anxiety. I often get panic attacks when I have a lot of stress at work or in my personal life. During prolongued periods of stress I usually feel anxiety more or less constantly - not the explosive kind as with panic attacks, but the kind that lurks under the surface and makes you feel worried, restless and sick.

Through the years I developped a sort of intolerance to stress. I used to be able to manage stress, but now I can't even cope with minor stress. Stress causes me a cascade of physical and mental symptoms. It's almost as if my flight-or-fight system had been activated so much that it has broken down.

Anyway... I am sorry you are battling stress and anxiety and wish you all the best @Thatdude

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt