D

Dust

Mar 6, 2019
Fanficiton is a guilty pleasure of mine, I unashamedly like self-insert fanfiction and overpowered characters. I generally dislike harems but they are tolerable if everything else is good.Though crack and comedy genres are also something I read from time to time. If anyone else reads fanfiction what type do you read?

Reactions: josainsplorgat, Beautiful_Disgrace and mediocre
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Once I got over my "smugness" towards reader inserts, I started really enjoying fanfiction again for the first time in years. Like cool, whatever, I like something kind of weird and embarrassing, what else is new.

I read mostly romance/smut stuff and it's definitely a way to cope with all the experiences I feel I won't ever have. Years ago, I remember seeing this video of a news segment about a woman who plays dating sims (another weird hobby of mine) instead of trying to find a real partner and she said something like "I can get close to these characters but they'll never think I'm disgusting." That always stuck with me. What a good way to put it.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
For the past ten (eleven?) years.
If anyone else reads fanfiction, what type do you read?
Canonical (possible) character/story interpretations; "hurt/comfort", comedy, adventure, romance or other non-tragical (excluding horror) genres.
I also have a list of my favourite relationships.

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Used to, though not really anymore. Guess I've outgrown it already.

Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I don't read it but I definitely write it. I'd like to think I found a good balance for my OC's. They're not terribly over powered, but still important enough to influence the story. And I've definitely outgrown writing Mary Sue characters.

Too bad I don't share what I write anymore, so I don't do it as often.

The type of fan fiction I write is general video game and anime.

josainsplorgat

josainsplorgat

Feb 24, 2020
i read a lord of the rings fanfic many years ago it was extremely funny and sexual i don't remember too many details but i think golum was getting laid left and right lmao

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I do! Romance, fantasy stuff

Reactions: Skathon