C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
that
I know it's weird, but, somehow, it helps, particularly because my depression has gotten so bad, I hardly feel anything anymore.

I live in a rainy place, which I actually like. When it's raining or even just cloudy, I feel like I'm not alone in my depression because mother nature is sad, too, for reasons of her own.

Sometimes, when I'm walking around outside in the pouring rain, a raindrop will bounce right into my eye, and I pretend that it's one of my tears, that I am still human and that I CAN cry and feel emotions.

Sometimes, I just stand there and let the raindrops stream down my cheeks and pretend that they are my own tears. Oddly enough, it makes me feel better, though I don't honestly know why.

Does anyone else do this, or am I the odd woman out?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, jade, Cold and 2 others
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I never thought of that, although I love your comparison. It is so poetic :heart:

I really enjoy rain aswell, but for different reasons. There are less people outside when it is raining, so I can feel more calm during rain. I enjoy how everything seems more calm during rain. I like the sound of raindrops hitting the windows.

I am not like that, and I can still cry despite how i feel, but it takes a lot of effort. However, I feel like its easier to cry in public when it is raining. I understand how enjoyable and calming crying can be and i feel sorry that you are not longer able to cry :hug:

Reactions: Thereisnothing
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
that
I know it's weird, but, somehow, it helps, particularly because my depression has gotten so bad, I hardly feel anything anymore.

I live in a rainy place, which I actually like. When it's raining or even just cloudy, I feel like I'm not alone in my depression because mother nature is sad, too, for reasons of her own.

Sometimes, when I'm walking around outside in the pouring rain, a raindrop will bounce right into my eye, and I pretend that it's one of my tears, that I am still human and that I CAN cry and feel emotions.

Sometimes, I just stand there and let the raindrops stream down my cheeks and pretend that they are my own tears. Oddly enough, it makes me feel better, though I don't honestly know why.

Does anyone else do this, or am I the odd woman out?
Mother nature/earth needs to cry, just like the rest of us. i understand totally what you are saying/feeling and thinking.

Reactions: Nemeshisu
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I had this belief for a while, I remembered it last week when Mooncide was gonna ctb. It rained heavy for the whole day with no breaks (it's rare here). After she did it turned to snow. Hers was the only death here to bother me that much. So I think it's true because I can't cry anymore and I don't think I will again.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, Nemeshisu and Thereisnothing
C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, thank you for all of your replies!

Yes, I find the rain very calming as well. And, you're right, Veteran Member, there are hardly any people outside when it rains!

I also love, love, LOVE the smell of rain. It's so pure and it makes the smell of wet soil all the more pungent and enjoyable. For me, there is no other smell like it at all.

It's so interesting that it rained the whole day that Moonicide decided to CTB, and that it turned to snow after she did CTB. I didn't have the pleasure to know her, but it sounds like she was/is a lovely soul. May she rest in peace with the rest of our fellow buddies who have already CTB.

Oh, and when it snows, I always like to imagine that it's Mother Earth wanting or attempting to CTB, too. It's morbid, I know, but it's so quiet when it snows, more so than when it rains, and it pretty much shuts everything down here, like it would if someone died and friends and family were shutting down their lives to grieve the loss. It's also a sign, for me, just how peaceful it is after one CTB's. Finally quiet.

No noise, no more suffering, just… peace and a final sense of restfulness that one cannot get when alive.

This is how weird I am. I actually don't like it much when it's sunny out. It reminds me of all the happy people existing, and that I will never have that true sense of happiness, at least, not in this lifetime.

No, I prefer the dark and grey skies to sunshine any day! And, the cold, too!
I had this belief for a while, I remembered it last week when Mooncide was gonna ctb. It rained heavy for the whole day with no breaks (it's rare here). After she did it turned to snow. Hers was the only death here to bother me that much. So I think it's true because I can't cry anymore and I don't think I will again.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and Nemeshisu
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I remember I thought that years back when my mom passed away..Where we lived it hardly ever rains.But the day of her funeral it rained all day.It felt like nature or God was in mourning also.Made me feel a little comforted on what was one of the hardest days of my life.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Nemeshisu and Thereisnothing
C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
I remember I thought that years back when my mom passed away..Where we lived it hardly ever rains.But the day of her funeral it rained all day.It felt like nature or God was in mourning also.Made me feel a little comforted on what was one of the hardest days of my life.
OMG, that happened when my father died!

I was only sixteen when I lost him. It was in the month of December, and, it's usually pretty rainy and grey during that time of year where I live. But, on that particular day, a HUGE windstorm blew in.

And, when I say huge, I mean, HUGE! Like, people were planning for it for days. Schools were shut down, as were many businesses.

The funeral was set for that stormy day. During the service, the wind was so strong, I thought that, at any moment, the roof would blow right off!

The rain was coming down in torrents, nonstop, and the wind never seemed to take a single breath. It was like Mother Earth was screaming all the screams I was bottling up inside because my mom never allowed me to express any emotion other than happiness. I felt like Mama Nature was weeping all the tears I was holding in because she knew I couldn't cry just then.

The power went out at the church. Afterwards, we went to my grandma's club house at the condo she lived at for the reception, and, when we arrived, there was still power. But, only about a half hour into the reception, the power went out there, too.

I am blind, so we all started laughing because we thought that it might be Daddy making everything dark and hard to see so that people would have an idea of what life is like for me every day. I also felt like it was his way of letting me know he was with me, that he loved me, and that I would always be his baby, always and forever.

It really comforted me. I don't know if I could have gotten through the funeral and reception if it had been a bright, gorgeous sunny day. It all would have seemed too cheerful and out of place for the occasion.

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I'm sorry you lost your mother.

• Love
Reactions: mesohappy, Nemeshisu and Thereisnothing