KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
Like, I've accepted reality that often things do NOT get better and in fact get worse. So when I hear songs or cheesy statements like "you are loved" or "keep going, there will be a sunrise" I just lol and roll my eyes but don't even feel sad or angry about harsh reality.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Reflection, ijustwishtodie, NoPoint2Life and 6 others
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
For the most part yes. I can still acknowledge things get better for some people but for others it's the exact opposite

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and WhiteRabbit
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I usually roll my eyes whenever I come across this shit. You can't promise someone that things will get better, let alone that it'll stay that way. In a way, you are kind of invalidating others' feelings and experiences when you say things like this, brushing off their issues as something that is temporary and that they'll eventually get over. I feel like most people who say this type of stuff don't bother to actually reflect on what they are saying. It ends up highlighting a lack of care on their part, not bothering to say anything thoughtful but instead immediately saying the first empty platitude that come to mind.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, KillingPain267, Forever Sleep and 4 others
star.trip

star.trip

Oct 6, 2024
To me these songs are a business, and only serve to mask what a person really feels. They send you a message of encouragement, and the reality is that inside you're emotionally ill.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Moniker
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Depends. If the song is still so good anyway then I can just use it to ignore the reality of how fake it is.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes, NoPoint2Life, KillingPain267 and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
My life has continued to get increasingly worse over the last decade. I'm tired of hearing that the sun will rise. I think people have a hard time knowing how to truly comfort someone who's not going to get better, whose situation is not likely to improve. A lot of people think optimism is always helpful, even when it's not.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Moniker and heavyeyes
star.trip

star.trip

Oct 6, 2024
I find it ironic those songs that tell you that tomorrow will be a good day, that it's just a minor problem, but I wake up every day and it doesn't get any better. I feel cheated with these songs.

• Hmph!
Reactions: KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
To me these songs are a business, and only serve to mask what a person really feels. They send you a message of encouragement, and the reality is that inside you're emotionally ill.
Yes, I listened to the song Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. before I posted this thread and, while before it would have touched me, now I just find it cringe.
I'm tired of hearing that the sun will rise.
Yes, I hope for the sun to explode, lol.

dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
thats why all my songs i make r depressing asf 😹😹😹

Reactions: star.trip and KillingPain267
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I hate it when people use these annoying pro life platitudes. Life will never get better and will always be full of suffering for me. This isn't even an opinion of mine but rather an empirical fact that can be seen by merely observing reality. Also, I don't give a shit about love as does love counteract all of the suffering in the world? No. Life will always be suffering, hardship and pain regardless of whether I'm loved or not. All I want is to not suffer or to suffer as little as possible, it's that simple

Reactions: star.trip and KillingPain267
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Student
Dec 3, 2023
The worst part is telling some of the people I love their lives will get better, when I know it probably can't/won't. As harsh as this sounds, I honestly think the ages of around 21-25 are a cut off point and if your life is shit by that point it only really stays the same or just gets worse. A nurse on the phone a few weeks ago said "you should stay alive because life is for people like you", I just stood there stone faced, maybe as a teen I'd have wryly smiled, or felt something...but not anymore.

Last edited:
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
I agree, this post actually reminded me of this drawing: 1000039025

...More specifically the "get well soon" card on the bouquet, this is comparable to how those platitudes feel.