SuicideM4n

SuicideM4n

Aug 9, 2021
I don't have friends and even though I try to make friends with people I just can't, my personality must be shit. At Christmas and New Years the only people who gave me congratulations were my parents and aunts, not even my cousins talk to me since most of them despise me lol

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, Ainsley, orange and 26 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Haha, same. My social life is basically non-existent. I interact with people everyday, but all they know is the happy-go-lucky side. They can never see the depths to which I have fallen.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, TerminalConscience, looseye and 6 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Yep, l also have zero social life and only leave my flat once a week to collect my medication at the pharmacy! My only company is my old Doggy, although my care worker has started doing face to face appointments again so that's now twice a week l have to go out! But it has to be done in order to keep getting my Meds!

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, LADY007, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
8AEM

8AEM

Jan 5, 2022
I totally get you. It's puzzling seeing how seemingly effortless it is for people to socialize and make emotional connections.

• Hugs
Reactions: looseye, LADY007, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Here. All my "social life" throughout my life has been online. In real life I'm either shunned away or bullied. For good reasons I guess, because I'm quiet and beyond ugly. Maybe this is why I was able to have something online in the first place, because online, people can't see how ugly i am + I'm more talkative than IRL. Online people just judge based on your personality

However, even my online sort of social life disappeared. I have nothing rn. And I also voluntarily gave up on this part, so no more for me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OceanBlue, looseye, LADY007 and 5 others
mk01

mk01

Nov 18, 2021
Same here, although it's my fault since I push away all the friends I do make so I don't drag them down. Haven't been out my flat since October 2020

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, LADY007, Skathon and 4 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
If online counts, I have a social life. Otherwise no. An irl friend who moved away is going to be visiting town in a few days though, so I can't claim it to be 0.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, not-2-b-the-answer and back_to_oblivion
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not like being around people, I need to isolate myself from others. People can be very tiring. Overall, I cannot stand people. Some people can be very cruel.

Reactions: Crazy4u, Arvinneedstodie, Un- and 7 others
back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
Yup, I don't have a social life. I never really had many friends, except in childhood. Through the years my number of friends eventually dropped to zero. I think it's the natural result of being in decline for so long now, deteriorating mental health leading to isolation and isolation leading to deteriorating social skills. I hid myself away from the world and pushed friends away in the process.

A while ago I still had a drinking buddy but that stopped too. I don't have friends and all my interactions with others are transactional and out of necessity, not because they like me or I like them. Actually being around people now makes me feel more lonely than not being around people, at least when I'm completely alone I don't have to see or hear how others have great social lives. Still no friends is better than fake "friends" because I had those in the past and there's nothing worse than such a backstabber who acts like he's your friend but really isn't.

It's a double edged sword, on the one hand having so few connections and such an empty life will make it easier for me to ctb on the other hand it's probably partly why I want suicide in the first place.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: looseye, Somber, not-2-b-the-answer and 7 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Yup. I have zero social life. I have had friends in the past and it was nice while it lasted but I struggled with many aspects of it and tbh I dont miss it. That being said I realize that I still have social needs that needs to be fulfilled somehow. Interacting online is the best alternative I have for now even though it is not that ideal

Reactions: Crazy4u, not-2-b-the-answer, Therealnobody and 2 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I have no irl friends anymore and that's by choice, due to previous incidents that showed me what relationships are really about. The way I see it, 99 percent of friendships will be conditional and temporary. It could be over in a week or 10 ten years, but the likelihood that person will be around your whole life is negligible and odds that they will become some distant Facebook/Snapchat/Instagram friend at some point is much greater. So I don't bother investing time anymore and it prevents me from anymore heartache or disappointment. I know it's putting me at a major disadvantage in other areas of my life, but I really don't give a fuck anymore. If/when it gets to the point that I'm alone and unable to be self-sufficient, I will get on the bus.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, OceanBlue, whatevs and 6 others
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
I have no friends. I prefer to be alone. I did join a group of people that I meet up with occasionally though. I don't exactly consider them my friends though.

Reactions: Crazy4u
Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
Yes and it's awful. What friends I had, I intentionally let the relationships fade or ghosted them since I wanted to distance myself from them. So when I finally committed ctb it wouldn't affect them. For what it's worth, it worked. Enough time has passed, I doubt they'll even find out or care, outside a moment of 'oh that's sad'.

Reactions: OceanBlue and TerminalConscience
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
yeah and I like it because it makes it easier to ctb

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, Hater, markimobzzdeasui and 8 others
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Reporting in ... as for many here the trajectory started early in life.

From a sensitive, lonely child, to awkward, gangly youth 'living' inside her books, to a solitary 'loner' and finally a recluse with no friends, family or colleagues left ... not that I blame anyone.

And yet the gray matter inside my scull, or perhaps some unknown and mysterious other 'power', opens my eyes to a light of each new morning. I do not despise either - the light of the morning, or whatever opens my eyes. I just wish 'we' could bow to each others gracefully and part ways. We will.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, demuic, mk01 and 4 others
F

fdnglnslanlnvlonfbo

Aug 8, 2021
I have no friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Skathon and not-2-b-the-answer
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
Yep, l also have zero social life and only leave my flat once a week to collect my medication at the pharmacy! My only company is my old Doggy, although my care worker has started doing face to face appointments again so that's now twice a week l have to go out! But it has to be done in order to keep getting my Meds!
CVS (my drug supplier) mails a 3 month supply on request. You need the 3 month prescription, but they would probably might mail a weeks supply too. Around here, it's all maskers and vaxxers, so it's like interacting with zombies when you go out.

• Hugs
Reactions: mk01, not-2-b-the-answer and Crazy4u
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Outside of online interactions, none. It's funny though. Irl, I am quite lovable. Most people find me funny, charming, witty and intelligent and often cone to me for advice. Problem is though is most people don't interest me on a deeper level. Not because I despise them, I just don't relate to most people on a deeper level.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, Josh007, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
Same here, although it's my fault since I push away all the friends I do make so I don't drag them down. Haven't been out my flat since October 2020
13-14 months. That's impressive. Now I'm imaging an obviously old and abandoned spider web across your doorway, with leaves and other debris accumulating. But you probably have some traffic for deliveries and stuff?

Still though, it reminds me of one of those stories where the doorway gradually becomes forgotten, and the flat kind of drops out of reality and becomes its own separate place. Lots of stories on the internet about people discovering hidden rooms in their house or apartment. Even whole floors in some buildings get forgotten or abandoned for decades. Anyway, that 'separated from society' theme is probably more about me. Hope you're still getting all your needs met.

Reactions: mk01
mk01

mk01

Nov 18, 2021
13-14 months. That's impressive. Now I'm imaging an obviously old and abandoned spider web across your doorway, with leaves and other debris accumulating. But you probably have some traffic for deliveries and stuff?

Still though, it reminds me of one of those stories where the doorway gradually becomes forgotten, and the flat kind of drops out of reality and becomes its own separate place. Lots of stories on the internet about people discovering hidden rooms in their house or apartment. Even whole floors in some buildings get forgotten or abandoned for decades. Anyway, that 'separated from society' theme is probably more about me. Hope you're still getting all your needs met.
Thanks man I appreciate that. I mean I don't live alone but I sneak around and stay in my room so I don't physically see anyone other than one relative I'm comfortable with. The doorway looks ok from what I can see in the peephole 😂no debris yet thankfully. How's your situation going?

Reactions: Capsicum_Corral
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
Thanks man I appreciate that. I mean I don't live alone but I sneak around and stay in my room so I don't physically see anyone other than one relative I'm comfortable with. The doorway looks ok from what I can see in the peephole 😂no debris yet thankfully. How's your situation going?
Haha. Sounds like you've got it covered. I'm doing relatively good atm. Am trying to help a member get moved across the country to a new job from over the phone, but it's not going well. So I'm concerned about that.

Reactions: mk01
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
I have no irl friends anymore and that's by choice, due to previous incidents that showed me what relationships are really about. The way I see it, 99 percent of friendships will be conditional and temporary. It could be over in a week or 10 ten years, but the likelihood that person will be around your whole life is negligible and odds that they will become some distant Facebook/Snapchat/Instagram friend at some point is much greater. So I don't bother investing time anymore and it prevents me from anymore heartache or disappointment. I know it's putting me at a major disadvantage in other areas of my life, but I really don't give a fuck anymore. If/when it gets to the point that I'm alone and unable to be self-sufficient, I will get on the bus.
EXACTLY right. This is my experience as well. For someone whos blood runs hot I don't have time for flakey people that I have to go chasing down to maintain a "friendship" with. I've had one friend in my entire life who will search me out if he hasn't heard from me in a while. ONE. I'm thankful that I have that friend, because I know there are people who have zero, and don't deserve that fate.

People stink.

• Hugs
Reactions: Somber, Mixo and D&D
X

xrosex

Dec 21, 2021
No friends, my family don't care. I'm a twin and last saw her years ago and never had a phone conversation just texts here and there occasionally. I am not keen on trying to make new friends because from past experience people are not genuine in being a true friend. I am pretty messed up and part of me thinks until I better myself then anyone who becomes a friend will be a reflection of myself in some way which is more negative than positive. If it's meant to be then when the time is right I may get to know people who are on the same wavelength and more positive than negative. I'm extremely unbalanced at moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Somber
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
when I was at my lowest yes, but after getting a bit better I had lost all my social life, the people that told me they would always be there for me disappeared. Got into an argument with a long time friend yesterday, I messaged her , we haven't spoken for a year. I said, yellow how are you? The rudest reply from a 16 year old friendship, I'm good listen don't be such a drama queeen, I don't chit chat. I replied and said I dont wanna chit chat, I just said hello to a good old friend, sorry for doing so, and have a nice life. No reply, made me so sad. Just blocked her before I would change to mad mode and insult the hell of out her. Blocked, another one… from 100% social life to prob 10% social life. Depression and fake friends, I mean, how can a simple hello hurt from me make someone really upset. We hadn't spoken for a year….. at least here we are not that alone. Sending you a big hug.

• Hugs
Reactions: Somber
mk01

mk01

Nov 18, 2021
Haha. Sounds like you've got it covered. I'm doing relatively good atm. Am trying to help a member get moved across the country to a new job from over the phone, but it's not going well. So I'm concerned about that.
That's kind of you, I'm glad you're doing relatively well and I hope this manages to get sorted. If there's anything at all I can do, let me know 💯

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't have friends and even though I try to make friends with people I just can't, my personality must be shit. At Christmas and New Years the only people who gave me congratulations were my parents and aunts, not even my cousins talk to me since most of them despise me lol
Pretty much, no social life and similar predicament..my family doesn't give a rat's ass about me truly, extended and immediate. They just want me to smile, shut up, and stand there, witnessing everything they have that I never will, they don't want me to have all the same opportunities and benefits, they're fine living their lives while I rot, they even ignore my most desperate requests to understand where I'm coming from and to please help in the small ways that I've asked (which were very hard to ask for..).
"Be happy for them" they say.
Oh really? What about my happiness?
What about my misery? Are they going to become miserable for me, as I am expected to become happy for them?
What a ridiculous sentiment.

I was always able to make some friends despite my shortcomings and unfortunate appearance, so I know my personality was never the problem, that was usually the only thing that was ever remotely complimented.
But I can't keep friends in this state and most have never been very good to me, I either end up like an emotional crutch or a punching bag.
Eventually my personality and sense of humor weren't good enough, or they would find "higher value" friends elsewhere and use excuses to diminish me and abandon me (even if I was friends with them for years and years).
However, I have also had to drift away and keep my distance because friendships require work, especially if you're the type of person who gets taken advantage of and gets the raw end of the deal.
It's too tiring, it's not worth it, I cannot keep up when I have too many of my own problems killing me and when I can't even be a real person because I'm constantly having to please others to avoid confrontation and insults (too much on my plate already, no room to tolerate any other bs).

If I may ask, what were the 'congratulations' for?

F

FuCrpsPain

Jan 22, 2022
I have ppl that I know but no one I can hang out with. I have my husband but it's hard to talk to him about everything... I used to have friends. I've isolated myself from everyone. Honestly thought maybe those I thought were friends would notice, I was wrong so I guess they weren't friends.

• Hugs
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
Joining this website is my first union with even a hint of a social life.

Reactions: Foresight, Sleepdrifter, Sanva and 2 others
U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
I have ppl that I know but no one I can hang out with. I have my husband but it's hard to talk to him about everything... I used to have friends. I've isolated myself from everyone. Honestly thought maybe those I thought were friends would notice, I was wrong so I guess they weren't friends.
I could have written this myself.
I've tried not to isolate myself but can't seem to shift it. I would plan something and then at the last minute cancel cause of fear of embarrassment, or people not liking me

• Hugs
Reactions: FuCrpsPain
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
I dont have friends use social media or talk to people that are not my parents in person

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, Crazy4u and Skathon